Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:38 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

YOU KEEP saying that CC5 is BUGGY. I have CC5 on my system, and I have used it as much as anyone, and I would not describe it as BUGGY. Less Buggy that CCMT, thats for sure.

You are simply being a prostitute. In exchange for your free games, you tell everyone CC5 is buggy. YOU have a vested interest in people NOT USING CC5.

The promise of BACK PORTING features into a game at SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE, is a marketing gimmick that has been tried by a LOT OF PRODUCERS, most notably AGEOD in recent times. Sometimes a producer delivers, BUT MOST DO NOT.

My children will be off to COLLEGE and no where near these titles, WHEN THE STUPID BACK PORTING begins. Why not solve the path finding on the FIRST TRY.

Explain, where is the support for CCMT? If a user were to buy that game, and use its one patch, WHAT WOULD THEY GET.

CCS DOES NOT TELL the whole story of CC Sales and Demographics. YOU ARE IN A DREAM WORLD.

I WANT THE GAMES READY TO ROCK BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED. Not 3 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD. Comprende?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:06 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Quote:
WHAT WOULD THEY GET.

They would get the same years of enjoyment you have gotten , proof being all the CCMT posts you have made praising it.

Quote:
WHEN THE STUPID BACK PORTING begins.

The backporting is already happening/happened  you don't have to wait... although you yourself do because you don't have the games.

Quote:
I WANT THE GAMES READY TO ROCK BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED. Not 3 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD. Comprende?

Me too, but Windows = fail, Linux = fail.

So I enjoy what I have and realise that is an impossible dream.

Please post a list of software that is perfect at release.

Now post a list of Toyota's that are perfect.

And Chryslers

and , oh, you name it.

we'll keep it quiet, but, you really are stupid, aren't you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:12 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

CC5 has bugs, search the forum. How many H2H campaigns were corrupted because the auto save eventually corrupts the game???

As for back porting being a promise or in the future as you claim, it has already been done, Bloody Omaha and Ground Tactics run on both WAR and TLD. Path finding from LSA is in WAR and TLD.

I have no vested interest in the re-releases as I said before I do not get any payment. I want the best CC possible. I wish there were even more new features in the re-releases then there is but any new features is better than what the community rec'd between 2000 and 2007 which was nothing as Atomic was out of business. Yes, path finding could have been done earlier, but then why didn't Atomic make it perfect with all the dollars Microsoft invested from CC1 to 3?

For CCMT I'm not sure what are you looking for, but this is listed as included in the patch;

2007.12.12.1 January 3, 2008
• COMMAND SCREEN now says '10 Player Game' for the number of players instead of '6 Player Game'.
• Vehicle gunners will use their secondary weapons, if available.
• Crushed elements are visible on the client machine in multi-player games.
• Enemy soldiers no longer appear on top of roofs.
• The BRIEFING screen now comes before the BATTLEGROUP screen.
• The selected engagement is not reset if you VIEW MAP from the COMMAND SCREEN.
• Players now have the option to make victory locations visible/invisible , check box in options screen. (ctrl-L during game)
• Army side no longer gets Opfor type aircraft for their close air support.
• Fixed terrain sprites that did not repaint properly when vehicle shadows were present and no other sprites were being painted.
• Fixed vehicles stalling at a waypoint during a multi-waypoint move.
• US Marine Corp infantry and vehicles have been added to the forcepool.
• UK Army infantry and vehicles have been added to the forcepool.
• Various teams data has been reviewed.
• The barely produced Ka-52 Alligator has been replaced by the Ka-50 Hokum on the opfor side.
• Mi-24 Hind has been added to the available Close Air Support assets for the opfor side.
• British Tornado, Eurofighter Typhoon and Eurocopter Tiger have been added to the available CAS assets for the Army side.
• Fixed shadow problems that were present on some vehicles.
• Some coding issues causing problems with vehicle movement on some maps has been fixed.
• Issues with vehicle movement rates have been addressed in the elements file.
• The armor values of specific vehicles have been changed to more accurate values with considerations of gameplay taken into account.
• CC5 color and style of UI elements has been changed to the CCMT theme.
• Monitor and Status text images now have a larger and bolder font for ease of viewing.
• RAF rondelle no longer appears at victory locations on them mini-map and overview map.
• The overlap seen with some of the UI image elements has been corrected.

Also, if you do not already know the mod maker for CCMT CC2Redux was given an updated exe that is newer than the version in the 1st patch. Not sure why it was never publicized/released officially but there are some fixes in it...

At this point I have to put much effort into this debate. If you don't think the re-releases add any value then don't buy them, that is your choice/decision. I do think they add value so I'll keep testing/playing Meuse on TLD, probably will move to LSA at some point to, and hope/wait for other mods in addition to Bloody Omaha and Ground Tactics to come out. Can't wait to see GJS for TLD/WAR....

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:32 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

I said the promise of BACK PORTING is a MARKETING GIMMICK to INCREASE REVENUE TODAY. And it was used in hopes WAR sales would be higher. So the back porting was paid for 3 YEARS IN ADVANCE.

The list of CCMT changes you mention, are simply the items that were NOT READY for the INITIAL RELEASE. It was not really a patch, but a second release, within the first month of the original release.

As for my stupidity, I still work in the industry, and I do get paid more than FREE GAMES.

CCMT only works for me, because I dedicated a lot of free time re-doing what I could. I will bet thousands of buyers, threw this title into the trash a long time ago.

I have the new CCMT (never released by Matrix, perhaps contraband) exe. It still has plenty of bugs.

MY CHILDREN purchased LSA, SO NO BACKPORTING FOR THEM. I told them maybe in 3 years.  Wink

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:52 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Just as an FYI here is a quick list of CC5 bugs people have posted about in the CCS forums (could be more, but spent enough time);
- New DirectX / OS compatibility (some people work fine while others do not)
- Vehicle pathing
- H2H the host being the only one to see; tracer fire, back blast from Zook/shreck, crushed fences/hedges, holes in house walls, etc.
- Exploding fence/hedge
- 0:00 timer crash
- Truce crash
- Corrupt campaign data when using auto-save file
- Cut off BG not losing 75% of the active units
- Supply bug, cut-off BGs full supply to none instead of gradually dropping
- Morale data (ex. Make 5exp and 0 morale and u'll get Vets/Excellent morale)
- Reinforcement button being available more than once for a BG
- Reinforcement sometimes possible as the germans
- Support on maps not allowed support (mod only? move bg from supported map to original GC supported map)
- Surrounded bg unit attrition
- Battle Group screen allows the player to click the top right corner in order to view his opponents force pool.
- H2H don't move to the next screen until the other player is rdy too
- Invisible wreck on single battles
- Newly dug trenches are seen at the start of the battle regardless of an enemy team having LOS to it.

Mooxe, is this an accurate CC5 bug list as I do not want to be accused of making things up?

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:17 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

OK,

I will simply pencil in N/A for items that do not apply to me, since I never do Multiplayer.

I will pencil in WTF for items I have never experienced an issue, or I don't understand it, so maybe you are making this up, maybe you are not.

And for stuff I could care less about I will simpy put this --->  Razz

So, from what I can tell, your list implies to me, that CC5 is pretty damn good  Exclamation

AND NO BACK PORTING either. Thank god.  Laughing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- New DirectX / OS compatibility (some people work fine while others do not) WTF
- Vehicle pathing
- H2H the host being the only one to see; tracer fire, back blast from Zook/shreck, crushed fences/hedges, holes in house walls, etc. N/A
- Exploding fence/hedge  Razz
- 0:00 timer crash WTF
- Truce crash WTF
- Corrupt campaign data when using auto-save file WTF
- Cut off BG not losing 75% of the active units  Razz  
- Supply bug, cut-off BGs full supply to none instead of gradually dropping  Razz
- Morale data (ex. Make 5exp and 0 morale and u'll get Vets/Excellent morale) N/A
- Reinforcement button being available more than once for a BG N/A
- Reinforcement sometimes possible as the germans  Razz
- Support on maps not allowed support (mod only? move bg from supported map to original GC supported map) WTF
- Surrounded bg unit attrition WTF
- Battle Group screen allows the player to click the top right corner in order to view his opponents force pool.  N/A
- H2H don't move to the next screen until the other player is rdy too N/A
- Invisible wreck on single battles  WTF   Razz  
- Newly dug trenches are seen at the start of the battle regardless of an enemy team having LOS to it.  Razz

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:53 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

And,

I just wanted to re-iterate that my children purchased LSA, so they will be getting their back ports about the time they are getting married and starting a family.  Laughing

They also, PAID CASH, and that is the easiest way for them to avoid the kind of PROSTITUTION that our poor friend, TEJSZD has fallen into.  Idea  

Tejszd, I hope is was worth all those FREE GAMES.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

This thread is ridiculous I fail to see the point of mudslinging at the team who tried very hard to do there best at upgrading CC within some very tight constraints. The very same team that brought you, Stwa, CCMT that you love so much. Can people show a little respect.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
This thread is ridiculous I fail to see the point of mudslinging at the team who tried very hard to do there best at upgrading CC within some very tight constraints. The very same team that brought you, Stwa, CCMT that you love so much. Can people show a little respect.

You my friend takes the sides of a corporation that make fraud a part of there business model.

This corporation (Matrix Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al) has a long record in systematic frauding and abusing consumers.
I can post 100th of links here where you fined Schrecken, TJ, Flamer, Southernland et al, doing just that.
There is a clear red line in this, if someone is not pleased with the product and is outspoken about that, the consumer is systematically trolled and aggressively handled.  

Consumers are aggressively dealt with, and if the consumer still don’t give up, Matrix simply say, “don’t buy or product then”….  That’s ok, but Matrix don’t refund the complaining consumer. So its fraud…

You ask ppl here: “Can people show a little respect.”
It seems to me that Matrix through mud at the consumers. Mud products, half baked and poorly made. 3 years down the road and WAR is still in its miserable state. In my book this is not showing respect to the consumer. We get a lot of promises of the promised land, its behind the next hill, or patch… Yet we never get it. Is this respect for the consumer?

I see consumers coming here to CCS asking if the new product is good. The consumer ask here at CCS because they expect that another consumer shall answer, and that he will be given an unbiased recommendation.
The developer team have made a habit in answering the potential consumer and recommend buying of there own products. The developer posses as another consumer and do not reviel that they are infact stakeholders. This is immoral and unethical, but never mind that. In EU-law, its illegal for a corporation to posing as a consumer. If sentenced they can be fined up to 10% of a year turnover. IE: there bussiness model is illegal. Is this showing respect for the consumers?

You say that the team have tried v hard to upgrade the old games.
Doesn’t it worry you that they have all the time in the world posting garbage here at CCS? They prioritize argue with the consumer instead of using that time to develop CC. The CC developer team rather spend there time here arguing with the consumers than to use that time to FIX the bugs in the games WE HAVE BOUGHT for OUR MONEY. What respect is that for the consumer?

What respect does Matrix show the consumers?
Do you defend there business methods?

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:23 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

All the CC5 bugs which Tejszd listed are legitimate and persistent in CC5. And to my knowledge ALL of them are fixed in the re-releases

Stwa, putting N/A or WTF next to the bugs which don't apply to you because you don't play MP, doesnt make them not exist.  Rolling Eyes

They apply to pretty much everyone else, and many of them are game-breakers which have caused a lot of people to stop playing CC5 all together.

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:48 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

I will simply pencil in N/A for items that do not apply to me, since I never do Multiplayer.

This makes me laugh so much. You are criticizing people and products that you do not have a full knowledge of. Hell you are fighting over a list of bugs that hundreds of others talk about all the time, but because it doesn't happen to you everything is ok? (Mostly because you don't play the H2H where these bugs are often found)

If there's a whore here it's you for being so dumb. People are presenting valid information back to you and instead you just try to repeat the same sad and lame insults over and over. "Mahhhh that doesn't apply to me because I'm XYZ..." Awesome. It applies to others.

I have to say I find it hilarious that every few months the owner of this website brings up a topic that is sure to divided and angry people. Instead of doing anything remotely positive it's a constant rehashing of old arguments that will have no winner and loser. You've dug your feet in the sand and will hold them there no matter what you say to each other. So why the hell keep fighting the same damn fight when no one is going to change their mind?

All I can say is that most likely you will post some scathing reply about how I'm a prostitute and this and that. Which is fine. I just come here to check out CC-related stuff. After a year here I can see why many ignore the forums. It's just a constant fight that is stirred up over and over that only divides people. What a waste of seemingly good talent and energy....

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:20 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
All the CC5 bugs which Tejszd listed are legitimate and persistent in CC5. And to my knowledge ALL of them are fixed in the re-releases

Stwa, putting N/A or WTF next to the bugs which don't apply to you because you don't play MP, doesnt make them not exist.  Rolling Eyes

They apply to pretty much everyone else, and many of them are game-breakers which have caused a lot of people to stop playing CC5 all together.

WRONG!

You are simply ignoring the VAST majority of consumers, who purchase CC5 and NEVER even give ONE THOUGHT to Multiplayer.

The regulars who have frequented this forum or CSO in the past represent a TINY FRACTION of the total number or consumers who have purchased this game.

As much as Tejszd would like to hijack this thread into a discussion on the merits of CC5, HERE GOES.  Arrow

ATTENTION NEW CC GAMERS THAT WOULD LIKE TO PLAY CC5  

As long as you play in SINGLE PLAYER MODE, CC5 will be a very enjoyable game.

It has been on my system for over a DECADE, and I have logged as much time on it as anyone here at this forum.

So, take it from me, someone who DOES NOT HAVE A FINANCIAL STAKE in the new CC re-releases.

CC5 IS A GREAT GAME
  Exclamation

BEFORE YOU DROP $50 on a new Matrix Game, consider obtaining and older game for a much reduced price.

If you are worried about CC5, try CC4, or CC3.

Play the tactical battles first, and after a time, if you find you don't like them, CC games are probably not for you.  
  Idea

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

How many has come back and bought the new CC, and who also stopped play the new CC for the SAME reason mentioned by Buuface, (that is for the bugs and patches and poor data and poor code)..

Imagine, just bought a new CC game. Start it up and realize it’s a pale copy of the 15 year old Atomic games. How does that feel? I been there and done that, three times…..  
The new games poor attention to details, the poor map coding that sucks the realism out of the game (in the new maps), never mind the mortar settings, and the AT guns etc..

And when the lucky few who can play it as is, then have started a GC. They run into the bugs and patch it. Just to fined out that they now need restart the campaign. And so it goes on and on. How many have stopped play the new CC due to this? Is critique to the developer valid considering the GC’s importance in the CC games and time invested into the GC?  

I open up Game Ranger and fined 6(six) CC5 players, and non playing the 4 new games.
That’s sort of funny, or tragic, considering that CC5 is 11 years old.
Tell me is this a sign of the developer teams success, and that the developer have delivered what the consumer ask for?

I don’t argue against TJs list of bugs in CC5. I hade some 0000 crashes over the years. Annoying, but it has not made me or any of my friends stop playing CC5 for that reason.
I seen many friends stopped playing CC5 though, but not for reasons on that list.
Non of the friends have moved on to the new CC games. Isn’t that a bad sign, considering we bough the new CC game(s).

But it’s sort of pathetic to use some bugs in CC5 as an excuse for the new poor CC products. And to tell us that they fixed most if not all them CC5 bugs (but fail to mention all the new bugs and poor data introduced into the new CC-games).

Pathetic, especially as ppl who owns the new CC games, still play CC5 almost religiosity….

Dundradal, old mate, your opinion are not even worth considering. And I don’t even read your post. No offence mate.
And you know the reason why, you have stated that we should be happy for getting anything new in CC, and that’s better than nothing. Such low standards may make you pleased with the new product, but never forget that your standard are not universal.
So Dundradale ole mate, this thread is not for you, you would not understand what we are talking about.

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

My post isn't worth considering so no offense? You know that's not how it works right?

I never said I was pleased with the new games. I said you should be glad you are getting something yes but you are confusing the two concepts. Do you think I enjoy products that are full of bugs? Of course not...don't assume my standards and then confuse it with a statement of sentiment. I think the new releases are positive steps.  

I'm more saying you all have your heads so far up your own asses that you are going to fight the same fight every 3 months and do nothing by grow more disgusted with one another.

How do I not know what you are talking about? I understand it perfectly well. You are all bitching about the new releases because they have issues. Understandable. Then you are fighting over the merits of CC5 vs the new games for the 10,000th time. Have I lost you yet?

It makes perfect sense why so many people throw their hands up in disgust and leave here. Instead of being open to discussion you just want to be dicks to each other. It's like a 4th grade sandbox here.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

sad...  Sad

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Its hard to consider making TLD mods work on WAR any feature at all. Both games are still in their beta stages, and modding is essentially over. Aside from work being done to port mods, there really isnt anything going on, nor will there ever be. Theres no guarantee that feature will keep working as more and more patches come out.

The bug list is CC5 is mostly accurate. Most effect MP, and some I believe do not affect vanilla CC5, only mods. Been so long since I played vanilla that I cannot remember which ones but there are some. Tracer fire is viewable by both sides, maybe you meant muzzle flashes? Support bug, only in mods I believe.

The most tactical changes we ever seen were for CCM/CCMT and the other non commercial versions of the same. Setting timers with actions on a map (ie; reinforcements coming after X minutes, mines, IEDs, automatic support dropped when an enemy hits a certain spot), mount/dismount, setup timer... Theres more. Its too bad CCMT was the most poorly executed release of CC ever. The multiplayer aspect was totally hacked and slashed into it and made it 99% unplayable. I doubt a 10 player game has even been played. Single player its fine if you do not like operations or campaigns. This is probably the poorest CC to date, even worse than Road to Baghdad. RtB doesnt set you up for disaster in MP.

Cross of Iron was probably the best rerelease. Quick, bugs fixed, most mods ported over and MMCC3 added. All for nothing though, most people I guess were not interested anymore in that theatre or interface... one reason or another.

The rest of them, well like I said in the original post. The focus changed and in doing so created a poor product. Shortcuts like deleting isometric views and using map symbols on strat/tactical map instead of game art. Broken new features, features added nobody ever wanted (disorganized teams that you cant swap out, seriously?), constant patching and some good features... features not added from CCMT. There is no clear vision or path that I can see, no method to the madness. Years after the first zombie rerelease were still being told of patches to come and each game is still in beta...

What would you say if CC5 was patched and mods ported three years ago? Could the mods have been ported as easily as they were for COI? Even if it was a bit more complicated, where would we be now? If it was done like that, considering all the CC5 players still out there, they would of easily been converted to Matrix customers... and we could of avoided WaR, TLD, LSA and maybe had a new theatre. I can assure you there are still hordes of CC5 players simply due to the amount of traffic CC5 mods generate each month and the amount of CC5 releated searches that land people to this website.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
It makes perfect sense why so many people throw their hands up in disgust and leave here. Instead of being open to discussion you just want to be dicks to each other. It's like a 4th grade sandbox here.

I think there are quite a few examples in the past were developers and those associated with them were berating/attacking/ridiculing those who criticized the game (granted some of us who ranted didn't approach it the right way). This was especially the case after CoI. I know that set the tone for me and I'm some others, as well.

Another problem people had with the remakes is that put many who owned the originals is a bad position. CoI, being the first, did not instill a lot of confidence in the future of remakes. The PR mismanagement by those in charge and connected with the project added fuel to the fire. Many were left wondering why CoI was released as a version of CC3 plus bunch of existing mods added (this at the cost of a full game) - what did that do for those of us who already owned CC3 and had access to the mods they applied? The reason apparently was that they were making it available, but who was looking for it? Why even waste peoples time with it and risk splintering an already decimated CC3 online community? If someone was at least honest and came out and said 'We needed the quick cash to fund the work future CCs", then okay, but that wasn't the answer given.

But we have received some worthwhile updates in TLD and LSA, even if they aren't as radical as what was seen in CCM/CCMT. And, at this moment, I think many would rather play WAR over CC4. TLD with it's latest patch is now headed in the right direction and given the possibly that a mod like GJS get's ported, it too would be worth it. But stock LSA is back to square one for me, and I hope the recent patch makes it more like patched TLD.

In many respects those working on these remakes have made some improvements but MOOXE does make a good point, why does a older version CCM/CCMT have loads of new features while the remakes do not include any of them? Many of them do not require any real implementation plan, such as dismounting/mounting. I honestly don't expect much from these games, I'm not looking for 3d or soldiers who have a direct link with my desires. It just needs to play right.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Good posts Troger/Mooxe! Talking strategy might at least be productive.

Recap of the strategy in my opinion:
COI
- Scope; a few bug fixes, new campaign and updates for newer Operating Systems
- Plan; seemed to have a big picture plan as most mods were converted, though on the downside compatibility with CC3 was lost (Direct X / OS changes might have forced this).
- Recap; made a very hard to find game available again
CCMT
- Scope; a few bug fixes and updates for newer Operating Systems
- Plan; remove marine property and new sides/units
- Recap; really just brought CCM to the public. Sounded exciting digging in, mount/dismount, 10 vs 10, etc. but really didn't do well without a CC3/COI or CC3/4/5 strategy game
WAR
- Scope; fixed CC5 bugs, new game, a few new features and updates for newer Operating Systems
- Plan; get a stable CC5 and add CC4 features plus a few new ones in. Try to make mod making easier by moving things to text files. Being a foundation allowed it to be made compatible with TLD so that WAR owners are not left behind when TLD mods come.
- Recap; a foundation for more re-releases
TLD
- Scope; everything in WAR plus a new game and new features
- Plan; add more new features as the foundation had been improved in WAR
- Recap: executed the plan, new features caused some bugs/stability issues
LSA
- Scope; everything in TLD plus new game and a lot of new features
- Plan; add CC2 features to the game along with new ones as their was a solid foundation. Tackle some long time engine issues; element inconsistency, path finding, etc.
- Recap; a big jump forward over previous re-releases but a lot of bugs/stability issues and less compatibility with WAR/TLD

I'm not sure how much effort they are still going to put into the re-releases but what would you propose be done with the remaining effort?

I would propose;
- they make the beta patches official for all the re-releases.
- provide another LSA patch as I think there are still some bugs in the current beta

Other example ideas;
- create some mod tools?
- help port CC5 mods to WAR/TLD?
- move CCMT features (ex. digging in, mount/dismount, unlimited support, the editor, etc.) to other versions? * doubtful due to effort and how CCMT sold as the features didn't make it sell *
- new features?

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:47 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

CCM features didnt sell?
I think it was the game itself.
I remember many people wanting 5X5 H2H ,digging in and troop transport.
Almost begging for it if you will.

BUT,we were told NO Can Do.

How hard could it really be to import those features into the re-releases?
If you guys would have done those 3 key features for the re-releases AND built in an EASY way to play online I bet the bugs would have been pushed aside and patiently waited on.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: