Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 am Post subject: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

First of all, the Close Combat community welcomes and thanks you for joining our group of devoted war gamers.  We appreciate your interest in Close Combat and hope you enjoy your stay here.  

However, we would also like to provide you with some very important information, information that will help you avoid certain pitfalls and also allow you to make the best choices.

The original Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy was released in the year 2000.  Since that time, the Close Combat community has eagerly awaited the release of Close Combat 6, the next generation version of our highly loved series.

(Matrix Games Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al), the company with ownership rights over the franchise, has repeatedly promised us the release of Close Combat 6.  Much to our disappoint and frustration, Matrix Games has instead re-released the original  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy under different names.  These include Close Combat The Longest Day and Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem.  These supposed new titles are marketed as being the latest entries in the series.  Let there be no doubt, these re-releases are simply clones of the original, and poor ones at that.

To further add insult, Matrix Games has stated that the funds generated from selling the re-releases will go towards the development of Close Combat 6.  They have then charged exorbitant amounts for their products, software that is merely the original but with a different name.  After over 10 years of patient waiting, it is now clear that this is all a scam.  Matrix Games never had any intentions of developing Close Combat 6.  Instead, they have taken advantage of our love for this game to cheat us out of money.  The re-releases are disgraceful attempts to trick us into buying their products.

We realize that you work hard for your money, and do not wish you to fall for the same lies and deception.  You will find that the vast majority of our members continue to support and play only Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  The reasons for this are obvious.  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy has the largest online multiplayer community.   And it also has the most extensive library of mods, mods that allow you to play campaigns from different continents including the western front in Normandy, the battlefields of the eastern front such as Stalingrad, the famous desert fights of northern Africa, and the bloody pacific theater of Okinawa.  This is only a small sample, there are many many more and all exclusive to Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  Again, all of these mods are NOT supported by the re-releases.

As a last point, we would also like to make you aware that Matrix Games employees frequent this forum.  They include Schrecken, Southernland, Tejszd, Flamer and others.  They routinely engage in the systematic slander and abuse of people who express different opinions.  In fact, they often create new user accounts and post threads and responses that encourage you to purchase their software and products.  Don't be fooled.  Simply ignore their posts and realize that this is just part of their campaign of lies and deception.  It is truly sad that employees of a game company would ever seek to harm players and lie to them just to make money.  It is just indicative of the culture of deception present in Matrix Games.

Once again, we thank for joining and supporting the Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy community and helping us put an end to years of Matrix Games lies.  We sincerely hope you have as much fun playing our game as we do and also wish you the best as you get to know the friendly and dedicated group of members that form part of this site.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:49 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

LostTemple wrote (View Post):

Again, all of these mods are NOT supported by the re-releases.

not yet... and no I don't work for Matrix or S3  Rolling Eyes

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:53 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I'm now convinced you work for a company in direct competition with MatrixGames and more than just a little unbalanced.

Make sure you tell your dad, troger, to make a follow up post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

No the funny about this post is that most people "new" to Close Combat are coming from the newer releases.

I mean wow, just wow. I'm not even sure how this is expected to do anything except get people laugh at the stupidity of it.

Nice work morons.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Hehe,  Laughing

He's not one of mine.

Besides, my kids dumped their copy of LSA off on an unsuspecting friend for some CALL OF DUTY title.  Idea

You can't pry em away from it.  Exclamation

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

First of all, the Close Combat community welcomes and thanks you for joining our group of devoted war gamers.  We appreciate your interest in Close Combat and hope you enjoy your stay here.

However, we would also like to provide you with some very important information, information that will help you avoid certain pitfalls and also allow you to make the best choices.

Close Combat II was brilliant. Close Combat III was Sublime. Cross of Iron is an improved version of Close Combat III.

Close Combat IV, V, and the later spin offs are OK but lame in comparisson to III and COI. Have fun playing the ones you like.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I like that one better.  Wink

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I haven't the time to indulge yet, but I had to dip into this thread becasue of the title.

Well, that's a bit of a rant eh LostTemple?  There is something in some of the things you say, but you are not always on the money there.  More 'speculation' than 'specification'.

As the one who initiated the drive for CC6 when CSO Simtek had the Development Rights, it is something I know very much about, probably more than anyone else.  What happened after I left Simtek, I cannot say.

As I have said before, perhaps one day I will tell a story, but I will admit, I am not sure whether I can be arsed.  We'll have too see whether I write my memoirs in my dotage, and hopefully that is a LONG way off yet!

To conclude, your logic is generally somewhat biased (and I think I understand that), and you are entitled to your opinions.  However, you make some BOLD claims  Wink so in the interests of balance I thought it appropriate to contribute the observation that your claims are sometimes more opinion than fact necessarily, as one myself who has been involved on the inside at one time.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Can't argue that CC5 has the most mods and should be on the game shelf any CC fan. Sorry US Brake I would play the "lame" versions before CC3/COI. I'm a fan of the strat layer and being able to change history though the upgrade of guns/tanks/vehicles over the years on the Eastern Front is fun....

Just for accuracy the 1st re-release COI came out Feb. 2007 so the earliest, Matrix Games Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al, had the source could would have been 2006. Thus CC6 from them could have only been promised for the last 4 years, though as you pointed out they did say that 5 re-releases were going to raise money for CC6 development. So it seems like they did what they said they were going to do???? With the 5 re-releases out now we'll have to see if they do what they said they would in the next year or two.... Hope they do CC6 as I’m CC fan…. If they don’t then maybe it was all money grab and I will gladly grab a rock to join in the stoning….

Also for accuracy I’m not an employee I’m a volunteer tester. As stated in a previous thread I hope by being a tester to be able to argue for features that I want but I have lost and won some along the way. Where we disagree is on the value of the re-releases. I think they each have pros and cons and have no issue pointing that out new players who are looking to buy/play CC on the forums. As for deception/lying you best look in the mirror because by being so one sided in your post/views it will be obvious to the those new CC players who is Lost_Temple….

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Over time, consumer protection laws, will catch up with software developers and producers, if necessary. I don't think the CC titles fall into this category. However, some titles that were sold at Matrix, but not necessarily produced by them, DO, in my opinion. So it is not a stretch that this could be more prolific in the future.  

Their were many points made in the last topic. As usual people take away what they want.

You view yourself as a volunteer, but I think you would admit you act as if you are a member of the development or production team. You also seem to have volunteered yourself into a support role as well. That is what I see. Perhaps you could reserve that support role for the Matrix site only. Or have they asked you to perform that task here?

To that end, you too have lost your objectivity, no matter how you try to veil or disguse it.

While everone can understand prostituiton, no one likes a reformed prostitute.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I have not been asked to be here and have been active member CCS for years longer than you Stwa.

I joined Oct. 2004 compared to your Nov. 2006. I have posted 883 times to your 697.

I have worked on Meuse and Bloody Omaha mods for CC5 for the CC community and I will continue answering questions and helping people as I see fit.

Having said that I will for sure avoiding answering any of your questions cause even you could make a "prostitute" sick....

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

When you joined and how many posts you have, are hardly the issue.   Idea

Its all too easy for the Producers technical associates to slide into sales mode when they are supposed to be conducting technical assistence for the user community.

In some circles this is viewed as a good attribute, but in our circumstances, I am not so sure, since it seems this activity seems to stress a certain percentage of the fans.

So while you reserve the right to carry on as usual, do not be surprised if others would like to follow suit. Like the originator of this thread.

All this dialogue, is bound to create the presumption that you are in fact not an honest broker. I thought I saw evidence of that in, as we are calling it, "the last topic".

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

It does show that I have been here longer and answering questions in support of mod makers and new players in these forums than you or even before Matrix did a single re-release.

I'm not sales or technical support though I try to help out when I can. Yes, I do believe the re-releases add value or why would I volunteer my time if I thought they were garbage. Yes, there has been bugs. Yes, it would be nice if there was even more features. But between 2000 when CC5 came out 2007 when the 1st re-release COI came out there was not a single change/enhancement to CC. At least now there are some enhancements.

"Not an honest broker", what a joke to see you try to take the moral high ground after calling someone a prostitute for saying a game has some pros.

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:23 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

You see, at most online communities, like this one, there are people from all over the world, and of all ages. All of them express themselves differently, because their life experiences are different than our own.

While the original poster went to far EXPRESSING Matrix, his comments regarding their associates seemed accurate to me.

The very lecture you gave, is perhaps the lecture you should receive as well.  Idea

You too, go on and on, in a very one-sided dimension.

If you don't like the prostitute word, perhaps we could insert TIMESHARE SALESMAN.   Idea

Don't worry, the re-releases will sell themselves if they are any good.  Exclamation

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

If there was an ignore button I would have pressed it

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:36 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

The original Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy was released in the year 2000.  Since that time, the Close Combat community has eagerly awaited the release of Close Combat 6, the next generation version of our highly loved series.

(Matrix Games Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al), the company with ownership rights over the franchise, has repeatedly promised us the release of Close Combat 6.  Much to our disappoint and frustration, Matrix Games has instead re-released the original  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy under different names.  These include Close Combat The Longest Day and Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem.  These supposed new titles are marketed as being the latest entries in the series.  Let there be no doubt, these re-releases are simply clones of the original, and poor ones at that.

To further add insult, Matrix Games has stated that the funds generated from selling the re-releases will go towards the development of Close Combat 6.  They have then charged exorbitant amounts for their products, software that is merely the original but with a different name.  After over 10 years of patient waiting, it is now clear that this is all a scam.  Matrix Games never had any intentions of developing Close Combat 6.  Instead, they have taken advantage of our love for this game to cheat us out of money.  The re-releases are disgraceful attempts to trick us into buying their products.

We realize that you work hard for your money, and do not wish you to fall for the same lies and deception.  You will find that the vast majority of our members continue to support and play only Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  The reasons for this are obvious.  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy has the largest online multiplayer community.   And it also has the most extensive library of mods, mods that allow you to play campaigns from different continents including the western front in Normandy, the battlefields of the eastern front such as Stalingrad, the famous desert fights of northern Africa, and the bloody pacific theater of Okinawa.  This is only a small sample, there are many many more and all exclusive to Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  Again, all of these mods are NOT supported by the re-releases.

As a last point, we would also like to make you aware that Matrix Games employees frequent this forum.  They include Schrecken, Southernland, Tejszd, Flamer and others.  They routinely engage in the systematic slander and abuse of people who express different opinions.  In fact, they often create new user accounts and post threads and responses that encourage you to purchase their software and products.  Don't be fooled.  Simply ignore their posts and realize that this is just part of their campaign of lies and deception.  It is truly sad that employees of a game company would ever seek to harm players and lie to them just to make money.  It is just indicative of the culture of deception present in Matrix Games.

Once again, we thank for joining and supporting the Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy community and helping us put an end to years of Matrix Games lies.  We sincerely hope you have as much fun playing our game as we do and also wish you the best as you get to know the friendly and dedicated group of members that form part of this site.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:20 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Why can I never just leave this s#!@ alone?

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with the severity of the original rant, I can agree that it would be nice to have an evolution of CC instead of what amounts to just the offspring of the original games.  However, I love the CC recipe, and so I can enjoy playing any of the games.  

I also think people tend to glorify memories of the past.  CC1 was crap, but a good idea.  CC2 was awesome, but not perfect.  CC3 evolved the game in some directions, but devolved in others.  I've still never played CC4.  CC5 had all of the elements for awesomeness, but was slapped together.  CCMT again moved back to the CC3 model, both in how it was set out, and in the whole "move forwards in some aspects, move backwards in others".  RTB doesn't interest me.

The Matrix efforts seem to me as though they are learning to make their own game by remaking the old ones.  That may sound harsh, I don't know, but it's true.  Each game is a reworking of the original version of that game, and each Matrix game then takes the things they added to the previous remake, adds it to the next remake, and then adds new reworking on top of that.  They have added a lot of cool things, but the fact remains that it's still the same engine.  A very old engine.  

Graphically, and operationally, the game would benefit from a major re-working.  I keep saying it; the formula that makes CC so good is: no unit building/limited squads, limited ammo, overhead view, strategic level & battle level maps, and team psychology.  Make a new (3D doesn't have to be a bad word) engine that sticks to that recipe, and I reckon it would still be as good, if not better, than the originals.

vonB's comments have me intrigued.  I hope to see the memoirs.  Wink

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I am just wondering  Arrow

Who would actually wait patiently 10 years for a computer game...   Question

Would anybody really do that  Confused:

Well, I cheated, I played other games in the meantime ...

Sorry.

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):

vonB's comments have me intrigued.  I hope to see the memoirs.  Wink

Ya me three.  I know a fair bit but the rest is vague.

Last edited by QM on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: