Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author
pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

I gotta say it's probly CC1 Demo!

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Wow, mooxe, you had me scratching my head for a bit there; it's been so long.

The first wargame ever would have to be 1/72 scale army men in the mud under the carport.

I think the first board wargame was probably Mechwarrior.

The first computer wargame... it was either Defender of the Crown or The Ancient Art of War.  I can't remember which came first.

I am now wondering how many here are old enough to remember these games.

EDIT - Ha!  Well, mooxe, I see you are at least!  Wink

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Zep

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

My first was Tamiya 1/35 models
My frist board game was Avalon Hills PanzerBlitz
My frist computer game was CC1
Those were the good old days!

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

my first boardgame is the "game of the generals" (i think only released here in the philippines??)
first computer game is the Microsoft Flight Simukator 98
and first wargame is with my older brother and friends with 1/72 colored plastic toy soldiers....

i really missed these moments....i wish there is a time machine already
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:29 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):

The first computer wargame... it was either Defender of the Crown or The Ancient Art of War.  I can't remember which came first.

Defender of the Crown was great, it may of been my first strategy game for a computer. In my original post I said Dune was, but that was for PC. I remember playing Defender back on my Commodore 128 (when computers were measured in kilobyes verba! haha)... the key was getting land with lots of vassals, and having Robin Hood cut the throats of guards on your big assault. I also remember using a catapult to knock down castle walls. Man that was a good game!

I just did a google search for it... looks like its updated to todays graphics. Verisons of this game for every gaming platform it seems.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

thumb

Rep: 5.9
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

My first 'official' wargame was 1863, but my sandbox friends and I had already been wargaming with miscellaneous toy soldiers for several years. Up until the Civil War centennial our focus had been pretty evenly divided between WW2 and Cowboys&Indians.

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:37 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Close Combat was the very first wargame I played, as a kid, but I was too young to really understand it back then. The first strategy game I really got into was Empire Earth.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

The first wargame ever would have to be 1/72 scale army men in the mud under the carport.

Yes back in the day (late 70's / early 80's ) those 1/72 scale models and soldier molds were everywhere.   I think that was the "real" first wargame for all us of that generation...before we knew how to play the boardgames.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:42 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Third Reich board game...

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

WilliamTheSilent

Rep: 29.4

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):

Yes back in the day (late 70's / early 80's ) those 1/72 scale models and soldier molds were everywhere.   I think that was the "real" first wargame for all us of that generation...before we knew how to play the boardgames.

If you look at it like that, my first wargame would be with LEGO (late '60)). I used to build ships/airplanes/vehicles with secret weopons in them with my neighbour friend and then we would destroy each other. We also would play with airfix 1/72 armies in the backyard.

My first computerwargame was Battles of Napoleon (SSI) on C64. I still have the game on my PC and I wished the would still bring out the kind of newer version. Totally editable wargames in 2D is what I like.
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/309/details/Black.Powder.Wars:.Battles.Of.Napoleon

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Well I had Steel Thunder and Fighter Bomber on my C-64. For PC the first 'big' and significant war game was Steel Panthers 1. Pretty soon after that I got CC 3 and still going with that and CC 5 and the mods.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

1942 or Who Dares Wins II, on the good old MSX 2 machine. Ah, happy days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gUGPaE-R8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfJpfAo0uxA

blinddog14

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC1... all those years ago...

Ciggy

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:51 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

plastic army men is the earliest i remember. lighting them on fire and blowing them up with crackers

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Eastern Front on an old Atari 800XL. Was aggravating as could be also. The Russians had this nasty habit of retreating forward many times when they were crushed as recall, making it more difficult and had to waste time moving to get rid of those units, kind of like mobile partisans.

BTW: Think recall many names here from years ago on the old MSN network glory days. Lots of fun and recall them quite often.  Smile

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Urmo

Rep: 17.4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Mattell Intellivision "Armor Battle" 1978. Very fun multiplayer tank game, played it lot with my bros. Maps does have buildings, rivers, swamps and forests.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

The first wargame I saw was Steel Panthers, my father used to play that when I was younger. He then moved on to Close Combat IV and V. I got interested mainly because I used to sit and watch him play, and when I got older we discussed potential tactics in the game and also the war itself. The first fps I saw was Medal of Honor: Frontline for playstation 2, which he also was a fan of.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:08 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Armour Battle... look at those graphics!

Link

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Steel Panthers 2...

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Boardgame = Africa Korps

Computer = Gettysburg and CC2

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: