Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

@hoogley
Don't know if anyone would pick up the franchise.  But it's clear the morons at Matrix don't give a crap.  A few people here seem to be content with garbage.  It's pathetic really.  And because of their low standards and continued support for Matrix trash, we've had to accept all the re-releases.  If the community would put more pressure instead of buying every re-re-re-release they put out, maybe the story would be different by now.

@At_Stalky
thanks.  That's exactly the kind of lies I was talking about.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:13 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Quote:
@At_Stalky
thanks.  That's exactly the kind of lies I was talking about.

i think it's called a plan... immediately mice and men comes to mind.

ANyway I've had the game for years and it's the best game I've ever played... don't know if there ever will be a retail release as it's niche may be just too small.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

After just re-reading AT_Stalky's quotes of Sulla.

Sulla might have been thinking of a simple menu system, sitting on top of 4 or 5 mods or something. If true, that would not be that difficult to accomplish, and in all reality, might be fairy simplistic, from a programming perspective.

If true, the vision of CC6 at that moment, might have been, Stalingrad, Normandy, Bulge (CC4 on CC5), Omaha, and maybe 1 other, all in seperate directory trees, but still accessable in multiplayer, with a simple but graphic menu system above the main screen for each mod.

In short, all the remakes (the ones that seem like sloppy mods), just stuffed into one game. Obviously, Matrix shot down this idea, even though the idea does seem to have some merit. Not enough perceived profit.

To Sulla, that would have been CC6, right   Question  Try naming such a concept yourself. "CC at WAR", what   Question

Which explains, why the new engine would then be deferred to CC7.

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:24 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Quote:
i think it's called a plan... immediately mice and men comes to mind.

why do you always think all people behave like you Wink?

Anyway, I do believe current TLD is better than stock CC5 gameplay wise (doubt it was done on purpose though).
Hope with the new patches they will not get gameplay back to early versions as they don't seem to understand what they are doing. As for me i don;t want to upgrade my TLD 55009b version to the new one as iam afraid they spoiled something affecting gameplay Smile.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:35 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Quote:
why do you always think all people behave like you Wink?

i just assume most people are rational... my mistake.

Quote:
Anyway, I do believe current TLD is better than stock CC5 gameplay wise (doubt it was done on purpose though).
Hope with the new patches they will not get gameplay back to early versions as they don't seem to understand what they are doing. As for me i don;t want to upgrade my TLD 55009b version to the new one as iam afraid they spoiled something affecting gameplay Smile.

See what I mean?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Shocked

Note: Definition supplied for Schrecken

LostTemple

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:26 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

First of all, the Close Combat community welcomes and thanks you for joining our group of devoted war gamers.  We appreciate your interest in Close Combat and hope you enjoy your stay here.  

However, we would also like to provide you with some very important information, information that will help you avoid certain pitfalls and also allow you to make the best choices.

The original Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy was released in the year 2000.  Since that time, the Close Combat community has eagerly awaited the release of Close Combat 6, the next generation version of our highly loved series.

(Matrix Games Blackhand CSO/Simtec S3T et al), the company with ownership rights over the franchise, has repeatedly promised us the release of Close Combat 6.  Much to our disappoint and frustration, Matrix Games has instead re-released the original  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy under different names.  These include Close Combat The Longest Day and Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem.  These supposed new titles are marketed as being the latest entries in the series.  Let there be no doubt, these re-releases are simply clones of the original, and poor ones at that.

To further add insult, Matrix Games has stated that the funds generated from selling the re-releases will go towards the development of Close Combat 6.  They have then charged exorbitant amounts for their products, software that is merely the original but with a different name.  After over 10 years of patient waiting, it is now clear that this is all a scam.  Matrix Games never had any intentions of developing Close Combat 6.  Instead, they have taken advantage of our love for this game to cheat us out of money.  The re-releases are disgraceful attempts to trick us into buying their products.

We realize that you work hard for your money, and do not wish you to fall for the same lies and deception.  You will find that the vast majority of our members continue to support and play only Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  The reasons for this are obvious.  Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy has the largest online multiplayer community.   And it also has the most extensive library of mods, mods that allow you to play campaigns from different continents including the western front in Normandy, the battlefields of the eastern front such as Stalingrad, the famous desert fights of northern Africa, and the bloody pacific theater of Okinawa.  This is only a small sample, there are many many more and all exclusive to Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy.  Again, all of these mods are NOT supported by the re-releases.

As a last point, we would also like to make you aware that Matrix Games employees frequent this forum.  They include Schrecken, Southernland, Tejszd, Flamer and others.  They routinely engage in the systematic slander and abuse of people who express different opinions.  In fact, they often create new user accounts and post threads and responses that encourage you to purchase their software and products.  Don't be fooled.  Simply ignore their posts and realize that this is just part of their campaign of lies and deception.  It is truly sad that employees of a game company would ever seek to harm players and lie to them just to make money.  It is just indicative of the culture of deception present in Matrix Games.

Once again, we thank for joining and supporting the Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy community and helping us put an end to years of Matrix Games lies.  We sincerely hope you have as much fun playing our game as we do and also wish you the best as you get to know the friendly and dedicated group of members that form part of this site.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:29 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Classic Funk.

hans.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.09 KB
 Viewed:  9519 Time(s)

hans.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:52 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

why bother fighting in this topic??

instead, we should be thankful that Close Combat appeared to our lives since 1997 up to this day.....and we had enjoyed playing and challenging with our friends in battles.....

let's just wait and be patient for the next series (or CC6) to come.........there is still time to waste in this world, armageddon/apocalypse is still too far to happen..... Very Happy

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few" - Winston Churchill

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Or give up and play another game without getting harassed Exclamation

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Don't you see Sapa...it's you who are harassing the people that are trying to get this thing going.

Thankfully though a lot more people are being supportive and quite happily call you a tool.

:)

LostTemple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:33 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Don't you see Sapa...it's you who are harassing the people that are trying to get this thing going.

Thankfully though a lot more people are being supportive and quite happily call you a tool.

:)

Sapa created some of the best mods for Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy, case in point: Battle of Berlin.

You and your lousy fraudulent company(Matrix Games), on the other hand, have given us nothing but crap for the last few years.

I think it is YOU who is the tool

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it is YOU who is the tool

Lucky what you think is irrelevant

Sapa suffers from "Poor Me" syndrome.

When he doesn't like the answer to a question he takes his bat and goes home....

But he's addicted so will be back, again and again...

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:38 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

...and suddenly i here the bzzz sound again...and i cant figure out were cockroach is...

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Hey children shut the hell up and act like adults.

This thread should have died days ago but now it's like a little kid's lunch table. "Mmaaaaaa you're a mom's boy!" "Mmmmmmmaaaa you're a jerk."

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

we understand that matrix has not delivered a new cc to us. they patched the original games with a few features so we can play the games with our new systems.

the only we can get another cc is get take out a couple home equity loans, we locate a couple starving programmers in eastern europe or china and make our cc6.

I am not saying the new game should be a full blown 3d extravaganza. I dont mind see the game like a blitzkrieg or men of war type men and maps.

alot of you have modded this game to know what to explain to a programmer what kind of game design we would require.

if you dont want to do that, then wait for the upcoming "causeofwar" or Combat mission battle for normandy.

i have tried a couple of realism mods for men of war. unfortunately, they can not simulate the cc morale system.

why dont some of you experienced modder check of the men of war game to see if you can bring as close to cc as possible. maybe the 1c company would create this game for us.  also, the new theater of war may also have potential - if modded by our folks.

finally, maybe we should submit contact the bill and Melinda gates foundation and ask for a grant to make this game. I am a salesman and can pitch our project the bill. after all it one of his first games.

dont waste your energies and lets make some lemonade.

LostTemple

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm hopeful some modders out there will implement some form of CC gameplay on a current game.  Matrix Games will never give us CC6.  So we've got to do it ourselves.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:04 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

LostTemple wrote (View Post):
 Matrix Games will never give us CC6.  So we've got to do it ourselves.

What's this WE dude...

Me  we have made 100 maps for CC3, plus maps for CC5 Berlin (about half of them) CC5 Karealia 2(all of them), CC5 Bloody Omaha (about 8maps) CC5 RSR (43 from 44) and Afrika (40-41) 1 map CC5 Battle of Surabaya (did the groundwork for some of the maps)  CC5 Fall Sverige (some of the maps are based on my cc3 winter maps) as are some of the maps for the CC5 winterwar mod

You're prepared to dole out this sport of bullshit "As a last point, we would also like to make you aware that Matrix Games employees frequent this forum.  They include Schrecken, Southernland, Tejszd, Flamer and others.  They routinely engage in the systematic slander and abuse of people who express different opinions.  In fact, they often create new user accounts and post threads and responses that encourage you to purchase their software and products.  Don't be fooled.  Simply ignore their posts and realize that this is just part of their campaign of lies and deception.  It is truly sad that employees of a game company would ever seek to harm players and lie to them just to make money.  It is just indicative of the culture of deception present in Matrix Games."  the deception is you pissant, as is the slander.  What's we you done to date?  You're just a loud mouth little troll.

So I'm very much looking forwards to we (your) first project...  got an ETA for we (us)?  Maybe we (your) skills don't actually run to doing anything?

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

No maybe's about it...

Skilless, clueless, worthless!

WillKnott

Rep: 41.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

First of all, the Close Combat community welcomes and thanks you for joining our group of devoted war gamers.  We appreciate your interest in Close Combat and hope you enjoy your stay here.  

However, we would also like to provide you with some very important information, information that will help you avoid certain pitfalls and also allow you to make the best choices.

Forget that this forum is totally about The Close Combat Series.  That is only a small part of it.  The other part is that Close Combat Forums have existed as long as the game series itself, and has also been a fine place to practice the art of trolling, arguing about controversial political and religious subjects, and over who has done the best job of researching what "really" happened on such and such date in history.  Occaisionally we stoop to calling each other names and insulting our mothers.  We also correct each other's spelling and questionable parentage.

One thing we can pretty much guarantee:  You will always be entertained.  Enjoy!

This is my version Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: