Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Sounds good to me Will.

This is a great place to get CC mods but a terrible place for communicating with other fans as everyone just wants to be a dick to everyone else.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:42 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

We're finally getting close to an accurate description of this site.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:00 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Dundraal....you're either too blind or too stupid to recognize how moronic you sound.  So I won't even dignify your statements with a response.

And Southerland and Schrecken and the rest of the Matrix Games scam artists...you guys won't intimidate me into silence like you've done to others in the past.  I will continue to point out your lies and deception.  It's actually quite pathetic how you guys fumble in your own lies.  Schrecken just said they'd planned CC6, and that plans change.  No duh you genius.  We all know that.  The point is you guys didn't tell us the plans had changed.  You've maintained the lie and passed it off as truth for years now.  We all know damn well Matrix Games won't ever release CC6.  You don't have the talent nor the skills to give the CC community anything near to what we'd like in CC6.

So what do you do instead.  Rerelease CC5 under different names.  The Longest Day, Last Stand Arnhem, you guys can call it whatever the hell you want.  It's still CC5 Invasion of Normandy.  

And CC5 can be found for free on the internet.  So I'll continue to support it and encourage other people to avoid your scams.  No one needs to pay $40 for a rereleased pile of garbage.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Quote:
The point is you guys didn't tell us the plans had changed.

i haven't been told the plans have changed... so if I told you they had it would be a lie.

i just made a statement that plans do change.

back to English 101 for you

Quote:
t's still CC5 Invasion of Normandy.  

no it's not, are you a complete idiot?  ( no need to answer)

Quote:
And CC5 can be found for free on the internet

And that is what I'd say it's worth, so i agree with you on that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

LostTemple wrote (View Post):
Dundraal....you're either too blind or too stupid to recognize how moronic you sound.  So I won't even dignify your statements with a response.

Hold on...the guy making bold faced multi-color posts is telling me I'm moronic? Wow...and not sure if you know how it works but you actually did dignify me with a response.

All I know is I understand why this place is so small....all you fucking morons drive people away because you're internet pricks....warning to new players...haha you assume that someone is pirating CC5 and then getting all excited to come here?

These forums are so sad...mooxe I have to say it's interesting that you seem to facilitate this by not actually moderating these forums. I don't know if this is some "everybody has free expression" thing or what but this doesn't help this community it hurts it.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
These forums are so sad...mooxe I have to say it's interesting that you seem to facilitate this by not actually moderating these forums. I don't know if this is some "everybody has free expression" thing or what but this doesn't help this community it hurts it.

Free expression is allowed.

Free expressions may be moved to the trainwrecks thread.

Matrix bashing, CCS bashing, Schrecken bashing, pirated software links, especially Schrecken bashing, even Southerland is allowed to post multi paragraph drivel where he only makes a point in one sentance, Fred Phelps is an honourary member and he can be bashed to... you can speak about all this and more in this forum. If that makes this forum sad, then that is how the CC community is. sad. Moderating will only mask its true feelings. You cannot delete what people say to you verbally, why should this forum be any different?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

BOWMANHOODY

Rep: 4.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I've been a gamer , tabletop and pc for over 40 years, I've played all the  CC series since day one and some of the  re-releases .     I've enjoyed them all, some more than others.

GJS was I think,  an improvement on everything. 'Good for you ' I hear you say.  

I'd like to say 'Thankyou' to everyone involved for providing me and my mates ( the ones who don't gripe on forums ) who play these games with a superb (if not perfect) platform to ply our gaming skiills over the net.

It's not perfect I know, nothing ever is . We all hope for an improved game in CC6.  Whether it ever turns up remains to be seen.

Lets be grateful for what we have , and enjoy a mutual appreciation of a game series that is  and always will be a 'classic' in my opinion.  This bickering does no one any real good, let's have positive vibes instead of all the negativity .  It is always very easy to criticise.

If it (CC6) happens,  then some one is bound to be unhappy with the result, such is life .  Get used to it .

Enjoy CC  for what it is ....a game.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
 all you fucking morons drive people away because you're internet pricks....warning to new players...haha you assume that someone is pirating CC5 and then getting all excited to come here?

Yes for the first time I actually agree with you Dundradal.

I’m deeply offended by the hostile wording, abusive language, vulgar and aggressive formulation by some of CCS-members. I’m actually agreeing that such wording and expression may drive people away from CCS.

And I’m especially concerned for the fragile persons and them who are under 18. How will they be affected by this and what are the long term consequences.

I have here made a list of quotes that I found to be thee most offensive, vulgar, lowest forms of communication to date. These are also arguable the most harmful to CC-community.

Let it be clear, I’m all with you Dundradal, let us form a morale police and clean up this house of shame, smut and perversity!

As im trying to act responsible, so I have hidden the vulgar content to protect the innocent - and one need to press the “View Content” button to see the shocking qoutes.

WARNING  Do not press the “View Content” button if your health is weak, or if your under 18.  WARNING

Legal disclaimer: Stalky will not in any form or way take any direct or indirect responsibility for any type of harm that may come to anyone or anything after pressed the “View Content” button.  If you clicking the “View Content” button you have there by accepting and agreed to the terms stated here.  

Click “ View Content ”--->
Hidden: 

Look at your own words Dundradal...

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

i think mooxe should enforce something to this post......

by the way, "WE ARE ALL THE SAME HERE!!!"

we're playing the same game in here people! why still fighting over some free expression our group member has just posted about that darn CC6.....UNTIL NOW

so why not ignore this post, AND MOVE ON!!!.....we have nothing to benefit from this chaos
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Jesus... are you guys still going?  Are you ever going to stop?  EVER?

I know, maybe you can all jerry-rig some sort of massive online game of CC where all of you are wired up so that when your soldiers die you get 10,000V electric shocks to the groin.  That way, you can all express physically the sentiments that you seem to be trying to express in writing.

People are ridiculous.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

If we're speaking moronic that was a response... because you... well... um.. you f%#@ing responded you 'tard!  Do you understand?  To respond is is make a respo-... ohhh forget it some people you just can't educate.

And Southerland and Schrecken and the rest of the Matrix Games scam artists...you guys won't intimidate me into silence like you've done to others in the past.

Seriously?  I've intimidated some retard into shutting up?  Damn I'm good.  i wish you'd told me earlier I could have had a party.  Actually the whining and bitching seems just as loud as ever.

And FYI my only link with matrix was working with them as an independent contractor.  now i live like Charlie Sheen, ho and coke coming out my ears.   Bah hahahahaha

I will continue to point out your lies and deception.  It's actually quite pathetic how you guys fumble in your own lies.

Speaking of lies have we defined "we" yet from your last bizzaire speil.  Y'know... "we' should do something.

Schrecken just said they'd planned CC6, and that plans change.  No duh you genius.  We all know that.  The point is you guys didn't tell us the plans had changed.  You've maintained the lie and passed it off as truth for years now.  We all know damn well Matrix Games won't ever release CC6.  You don't have the talent nor the skills to give the CC community anything near to what we'd like in CC6.

And yet you're playing on maps that I made, wabbiting on the internet, salivating orgasmically over those German words... clearly I have a modicum of talent.

We didn't tell you about cc6?  Crap that was on my to do list!  Inform people about shit, that was it eh?  My bad.  Tell you what, here's a general summation of things as they stand.  There will probably be a new total war after Samurai TW, paradox is probably working on shit too, but who knows, they might decide not to, GTA is undoubtedly due for a revisit, after all they've probably spent the sqillions they've already made, Tetris is still smarter than you, and always will be, shit mud is smarter than you and can probably evolve to being smarter too.

So what do you do instead.  Rerelease CC5 under different names.  The Longest Day, Last Stand Arnhem, you guys can call it whatever the hell you want.  It's still CC5 Invasion of Normandy.  

Which (when you think about it... yeah I see the problem there) was really just CC4 plus a few things... so cc5 plus a few things is WaR, plus a few few things is tLD, plus a few things is LSA... or if you like a model T ford (PLUS A FEW THINGS!) is a Audi 8... see one thing leads to another.   Unless you're a luddite?

And CC5 can be found for free on the internet.  So I'll continue to support it and encourage other people to avoid your scams.  No one needs to pay $40 for a rereleased pile of garbage.

Free yeah course its free, thief!  So theiving a product (for free) is support?  Why don't you support your neighbor's car, or stereo, or tv, or computer, then you can play with yourself (cc5 of course).  And once again your brilliance is beyond human measure, Yes no one need pay $40 for any matrix product, they can choose to do without too.  Don't you love it that the creator gave us free choice?

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:05 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

The original Post should have included that after many attempts to patch the $50 re-releases you buy, they are still  a game riddled with errors.
NOT
That we don't have CC6 yet.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

It's even more comical that people want a CC6 from Matrix (or whoever it is)?
Think about it.............
You want a NEW game from the very people who can't fix the errors they made in the re-releases?
The very same people who CAN"T find a graphic error on the Command Screen?
A screen you see EVERY-TIME you load the game!

There are still so MANY errors in the maps for WAR that they will never be fixed unless someone either A) Does it for them.
Or B) Points every single one out to them.

When you look at how many simple and easy fixes were needed and still need to be done for WAR I can't help but to wonder if years later how many .EXE errors people will be posting,the ones you only find after many many battles.And many many GC's?

Just today I did a simple test with WAR.
this test involved me playing a Op against the AI just to find the end results in order to see if I corrected the campaign debrief graphics.
So it was one Allied unit vs. 15 axis units.
When going to the next turn the Allied BG now had 2 units labeled as disorganized.(The game automatically fills all 15 slots)
How does 2 Teams get disorganized when their was only 1 team fighting a battle?
2 teams that you can not replace once this effect has been applied.
You call that a good idea?

Applying that effect to teams that survived the Battle would be a good idea,but in this case there was only one team fighting.
So therefore the game is applying a disorganized effect to your BG regardless of what team was fighting.
I had assumed before this that the effect was being applied to surviving teams but that looks to be not the case.

Penalize teams that haven't fought because of the previous teams results.
Good idea.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Cool

I've been more or less off-line a few months, and while reading this I realise that there are few things that I'm glad I've missed...  Rolling Eyes

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

FkB_ArleQUIM

Rep: 0.9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:07 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

bá!
Where is the fun?!

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I was so impressed with temple of doom's vociferous attack on the advances made on the re-releases that he has convinced me to buy LSA, which I will do this weekend.  I am now convinced that it will be money well spent.... now that it has been sufficiently patched up. Does this make me an a** licking sycophant of the developing team? I am sure temple of doom (or whatever your real nick is that you are hiding behind) will have something to say --- who cares? Not me, I will put my money where my mouth is and just enjoy it. I think re-introducing the point system was a good idea and forces the player to be more cautious.

Should we start slagging off CC5 now to provide some sort of pier pressure to make people give up a game they love? No, that would be way to childish and accomplish nothing. CC5 is a good game (with its bugs that were never corrected), enjoyed by myself and loads of others. I haven't purchased TLD but might do that later depending on what mods are out there.

Out of interest with the new pathing does that make the AI any more aggressive or intelligent? I just thought it might as they would be able to find better routes.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

DAMN  Exclamation

I take a wrong turn in Nogales, and I miss out on Stalky's EXTRA CONTENT.

I can't believe this thread continues...

Shocked  Idea

Note: Definition supplied for Schrecken.

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

i think this thread continues and never to end....Sad

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

why shouldn't this thread continue? when the scam that is Matrix Games also continues.

as has become evident, all the patches that have been released are a joke.  seriously, how does this pathetic cheating company stay in business? by deceiving mostly new players to purchase a their product....and again....CC5, which is free and 100 times better can be downloaded for free.

so i hope new players choose CC5 rather than support the thieves at Matrix

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

CC5 is not free... You are a thief... Atomic went out business because CC fans like you.... I love the game so I much I stole it.... Shocked

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: