Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:21 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

temple, I think you should play the cc3 ost front campaign as your next project.

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

general_solomon wrote (View Post):
temple, I think you should play the cc3 ost front campaign as your next project.

hey general_solomon,

thanks for following the videos on my channel.

hmmm...I am already thinking of what mod to do next.  I have several ideas, so we will see which one I ultimately choose.

Also, I don't have CC3, but either way, I want to stick with Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy for a while.  It has a lot of mods, so I get the chance to fight almost anywhere in the world, and that makes it the most interesting for me.

:)

general_solomon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

LostTemple wrote (View Post):

hey general_solomon,

thanks for following the videos on my channel.

hmmm...I am already thinking of what mod to do next.  I have several ideas, so we will see which one I ultimately choose.

Also, I don't have CC3, but either way, I want to stick with Close Combat 5 Invasion of Normandy for a while.  It has a lot of mods, so I get the chance to fight almost anywhere in the world, and that makes it the most interesting for me.

sounds good, what about the stalingrad trilogy? i believe it is called stalingrad , stalingrad der kessal  and stalingrad der kessal (something something). these are cc5 mods so it will be very interesting now that your a seasoned commander.

this would be great to see how you do as the Germans.

by the way i am only on the 20 video for the berlin campaign. i'll tell you, its better than whats out there on crap tv.

so glad you recorded every battle.

DarkScipio

Rep: 6.4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Awesome thanks a lot. Something to watch when I have to stay up the next nights.  Shocked

http://www.therainforestsite.com
Click to help the rainforest. Only one second per Day.
http://www.dieregenwaldseite.de

LostTemple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

DarkScipio wrote (View Post):
Awesome thanks a lot. Something to watch when I have to stay up the next nights.  Shocked

thanks for watching DarkScipio.  Hope it entertains you the next few nights :)

@general_solomon.  Yeah,  Stalingrad is definitely a mod I want to check out.  I played Stalingrad Der Kessel for a bit a long time ago, but never finished it.  It was also a very painful mod....heheh.

I've shortened the list of potential mods to about 3 or 4.  But the other thing I'm considering is doing a H2H against someone.  I guess what I'm trying to say is....I haven't made up my mind yet in which direction to go   Laughing And honestly, right now I'm just trying to concentrate on surviving Battle of Berlin  Very Happy

general_solomon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:38 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

sounds good temple. hows the arm doing?

LostTemple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:19 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

The arm's doing great.  Thanks!  I've been doing a lot of physical therapy, so that helps a lot.  The pain is almost all gone, and in fact, I've been using my left arm now while playing for the last few days

If I could only make the pain of those 120mm heavy Soviet mortars go away, that would be even better!   Very Happy

general_solomon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

LostTemple wrote (View Post):
The arm's doing great.  Thanks!  I've been doing a lot of physical therapy, so that helps a lot.  The pain is almost all gone, and in fact, I've been using my left arm now while playing for the last few days

If I could only make the pain of those 120mm heavy Soviet mortars go away, that would be even better!   Very Happy

all you have to do is bait them to use on expendable troops. in your situation this may not be anyone but they unusually will have around 3 available to them.

this way they will not call them on the troops you absolutely need to keep.

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

Hey

I had not noticed your setting, you have to revert, hero is for you.

You can redeem yourself in the next version 3.6 even more evil. Very Happy

German vet mod settings.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.72 KB
 Viewed:  10297 Time(s)

German vet mod settings.jpg

Appunti02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.27 KB
 Viewed:  10297 Time(s)

Appunti02.jpg

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

i watched this on you tube......and it is fun to watch!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

LostTemple

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

matthewhalos wrote (View Post):
i watched this on you tube......and it is fun to watch!!!

thanks for watching matt!

I want to let everyone know that I'm back to my usual playing habits.  I was a bit busy, but things are clearing up and the Battle for Berlin awaits!!!

I guess it was a good time for everyone to catch up on the videos anyway.  I'm approaching video #100, and I can't wait to push the Russian commies back to russia.

keep tuning in as things are heating up now that the war is approaching its end!!!!

and thanks to everyone who's followed my channel and enjoyed my videos Smile

general_solomon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:22 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

thanks for putting all this vids up. so whats next?

LostTemple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:19 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

thanks for putting all this vids up. so whats next?

What's next?  More Close Combat of course Smile  Still deciding which mod to tackle...

Also....once again...thanks to everyone keeping up with my Battle of Berlin campaign videos.  There are tons of videos...and I really wanted to do the first highly documented campaign in Close Combat history....so that is why I am showing you guys everything from beginning to end.  I've gotten a lot of positive feedback....so I'm happy many of you are enjoying my youtube channel.

I also wanted to provide an update right before we move onto April 29, 1945.  The image below shows the carnage, devastation, and absolute hellishness as of April 28, 1945.  As you can see, we are making the Soviet pigs pay for every inch of Berlin :)

If you've missed out on any videos....now would be a good chance to join my journey.  We're moving on to the final chapters of the campaign....and I anticipate things quickly approaching their conclusion.  

As always....stay tuned to my channel for continuous updates and thanks for watching!
http://www.youtube.com/user/CloseCombat5

LostTemple

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:34 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

hey guys!!!

I'm back with a short update.  I've been having an absolute blast playing the Battle of Berlin campaign.  We have officially made it to May 1, 1945....which means we are less than 24 hours away from reaching our date with destiny!!!  

And let me tell you....things could not be anymore critical and nightmarish.  We are down to only two maps: Moabit and the Reichstag.  Furthermore, we're out of men and fighting with our last remaining loyal group of hardcore German warriors.

After months of playing....it is incredible that it's all come down to this.  We are soooo close, but now the hardest part comes.
Will we survive? Will we reach May 2? Will my men live?  All these questions will be answered soon enough!

Stay tuned because the next videos are ones that you DO NOT want to miss!!

thanks again for watching...and I'll see you in Berlin

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

what program do you use to record your games?

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

LostTemple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Battle of Berlin game footage (Let's Play) Reply with quote

hey fellas,

The Battle for Berlin is over!!!  I had an amazing time playing this mod along with the Vetmod 3.5.  It was an absolutely thrilling ride from start to finish.

I started playing my Battle of Berlin campaign back in December of 2010.  In fact, I uploaded my first video on December 15, 2010.  That means I played for a total duration of over 6 months!!!  Wow!  Who knew it would take sooo long to conclude the campaign.  But it was all worth it because in those 6 months, it became almost part of my daily routine.  I think I played almost everyday day for about 1 to 2 hours.  A lengthy campaign, but overall, one that I immensely enjoyed playing.

I also want to say THANK YOU to everyone who watched and followed along.  I hope you guys enjoyed the adventure we shared together, and I also really appreciate all the comments and feedback I received.  It feels  good to know the CC5 community is still alive and going strong.

I want to share below a snapshot of the campaigns final summary.  As you can see, it was a bloody affair, but I'm really proud and happy with my gameplay and the results.  I made those Soviet Communist Pigs pay for stepping foot inside Germany, and I achieved a 2:1 ratio in both KIA and WIA.

As you can see also from the picture, GERMANY WAS VICTORIOUS! I managed to hold Moabit up until May 2, 1945, so I'm really pleased with that.  I can't tell you how many times I feared total failure was upon us, but my trusty German soldiers held strong and in the end, we were able to declare victory.

Well guys, thanks again for watching.  I'll definitely be back with another Close Combat 5 mod campaign, but after playing continuously for 6 months straight, I need a little break...hehehe.  But stay tuned because more is coming up!

the link to my channel for those who want to view any of my Battle of Berlin campaign videos is below:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CloseCombat5

thanks! and see you on the battlefield!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: