Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:22 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Recently watched 'Tali Ihantala 1944 - The Battle of Finland' ("free-hand" translation of the title, don't know if it have an official English title...)

The previous film I've seen by Åke Lindman was engaging and well-done, but this was only a realistic and beautiful mess!! I couldn't follow the plot, or the characters, and all I got was a over-all perspective of what happened... Really sad I must say.

Have 'We were soldiers' and 'Brotherhood of War' lying around for a dark and rainy night; -My hopes lays with 'Brotherhood', but I have to wait and see.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:36 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Today i've watched the new Russian/Belorus war movie, called "Brestskaya Krepost" (The Brest fortress). I must say i was shocked, i believe that is the best Russian war movie for at least last 20 years.

The official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07yKGsI5bwQ

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Thanks Dima,

The trailer does look good!

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Hmm, I´m a fan of foreign movies.
But this one looks too much Hollywood made movie, I hope that I´m wrong.
Looked like a typical movie an American would like to see.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):
Recently watched 'Tali Ihantala 1944 - The Battle of Finland' ("free-hand" translation of the title, don't know if it have an official English title...)

Tried to watch this one. Seemed more of a history lesson than a film. I ended up fast forwarding to all the battle seens, and they were well done.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:01 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Quote:

you are wrong indeed, your favorite "9th Company" crap is Hollywood-style Smile.

Quote:
Looked like a typical movie an American would like to see

That's a war drama based on historical facts that happend in Brest fortress in the first week of the German attack on USSR. It shows how the war started for the garrison and their families, sudden and brutal. The Germans are shown not cruel or stupid but strong and merciless, doing their job to clear the fortress fast and with as little casualties as possible.
Alot of women were crying in the cinema, including my wife, and some men were sobing too Smile.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

you are wrong indeed, your favorite "9th Company" crap is Hollywood-style Smile.

9th Company is indeed a good movie, but my favorite? Njet.

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
Looked like a typical movie an American would like to see

That's a war drama based on historical facts that happend in Brest fortress in the first week of the German attack on USSR. It shows how the war started for the garrison and their families, sudden and brutal. The Germans are shown not cruel or stupid but strong and merciless, doing their job to clear the fortress fast and with as little casualties as possible.
Alot of women were crying in the cinema, including my wife, and some men were sobing too Smile.

I don´t believe before I see it.

So when is the cake in the oven?

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Quote:
9th Company is indeed a good movie,

ahistorical and unrealistic crap Smile.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:31 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
9th Company is indeed a good movie,

ahistorical and unrealistic crap Smile.

It´s movie, entertainment, not a documentary.
And my opinion is that it does its work very well, that´s all I care.

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:26 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umb5662aOKE&feature=fvw
good movie

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:49 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):

Tried to watch this one. Seemed more of a history lesson than a film. I ended up fast forwarding to all the battle seens, and they were well done.

You said it Mooxe!! I couldn't place my feeling, but this movie is like something you would watch during a history lesson.  Shocked

And I can only agree on the battle scenes, they are well done. But there is something that bothers me with the Russian KV's; -They don't look right, but I don't know what I react on with them..?

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

speaking about war movies, i found this user question on "downfall/der untergang" imdb discussions board:

"Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor??"

www.mihaisurdea.com

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

sample wrote (View Post):
speaking about war movies, i found this user question on "downfall/der untergang" imdb discussions board:

"Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor??"

Haven't you heard of the German carrier-fleet?
-Oh wait, was that history or the last time I played Hearts of Iron II?  Razz

Seriously speaking, and a bit of topic; -the level of stupidity regarding history and common knowledge scares me sometimes.
I have two, relatively bright, teenage daughters, but every week I have to play this charade where I ask God what I've done wrong since he punish me with such stupid kids? (top 1 ever; -We live in Sweden and she asks "what was ABBA?")

And it's not only my kids! 26 years ago my history teacher said: "In the beginning of WW I, the German offensive was stopped by the Maginot line and that's why the war bogged down in four years of trench-warfare." (We never really got along after I asked her how they could built it in -16 years...) A few weeks ago my 16-year old came home from school and talked about how horrible it was when "...the English troops liberated Auswitch...", 'cause that's what her history teacher had said! (God damn! Those Tommies advanced far to long to the east!) And since I've brought some knowledge and interest to her, she had questioned her teachers claim and said that it wasn't English uniforms in the documentary they saw; -but he only said, "oh yes, it was English troops. Their uniforms looked like that!"  Rolling Eyes

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:58 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

anybody watched this classic war movies??

-The Battle of the Bulge
-Midway
-Hell is for Heroes
-A Bridge Too Far
-Battle of Britain
-None But The Brave
-King Rat
-Von Ryan's Express
-The Bridge at Remagen
-633 Squadron
-The Longest Day
-The Dirty Dozen
-The Green Berets
-The Sand Pebbles
-The Great Escape
-Hanover Street
-Escape to Athena
-Force 10 From Navarone
-The Guns of Navarone
-The Eagle Has Landed
-Raid on Rommel
-The Wild Geese
-Tora! Tora! Tora!
-Kelley's Heroes
-Patton
-The Deer Hunter
-Apocalypse Now

well.....if any else of you haven't, go to www.letmewatchthis.ch and type any of these movies......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Memphis Belle
The Enemy Below
and Where Eagles Dare

i forgot to mention these too......very good classics
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Rampage by Uwe Boll. Great war movie.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Zep

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:39 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

Here are a few more that were not mentioned Surprised
Attack
Pork Chop Hill
Battleground
Defiance
Immortal Sergeant
Decision Before Dawn
Attack Force Z
Anzio
Halls Of Montezuma
Night Of The Generals
Operation Daybreak
The Desert Fox
The Desert Rats
Midway
Lion Of The Desert
The Young Lions
We Were Soldiers
Come And See
The Pacific-Box Set
In Harms Way
The Bridges At Toko-Ri
Were Eagles Dare

FFL_Kklinkk

Rep: 12.1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

One serie I haven't seen mentionned (could have miss it) but I really liked was: Tour of Duty (season 1)

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:30 am Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

yeah!!! TOUR OF DUTY

me and my dad's favorite tv show about the vietnam war......

a story of a platoon......in the midst of the war....

CinCUKHQ

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:49 pm Post subject: Re: War Movies Reply with quote

I just got a film called pathfinders, I belive its about 82nd airbourne on 5/6 June 44. looks alright but will let you know how it gose.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: