Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

stalky

Haven't the map coding concerns in WaR been addressed in the patches?

It says they have in the readme.

The issues you post about so long ago were known before the first map was coded... there was even a map coding how to guide distributed, just not followed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Quote:
Its a simple question, does it or doesnt it work like that??

The question is simple, and it seems, so is the person that asks it.

The answer is yes.... and no and hence more complicated than the simple question.

It does work like that as a first step but also there is more  but I won't tax your level of understanding at this juncture.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
stalky

Haven't the map coding concerns in WaR been addressed in the patches?

It says they have in the readme.

Schreky, yes your right.

But see, Dundradale asked for 2 things.
My first half of the post was about things the dev team have still not fixed, that was CCMT.
In the second part of my post i answer Dundradale, as he implied that I have not done anything and just sit on my pot, that part was about WaR...

So not to missread my post, I make my self clear:
The house code in WaR is now rather fine.

Hope that was clear.

/S

The issues you post about so long ago were known before the first map was coded... there was even a map coding how to guide distributed, just not followed.

Yeh, sure.
Thats why you and the dev team dint get what ppl complained about for half a year, and 3 patches.
And thats why I had to draw all them small pictures and it took you and the developer team 5 pages to understand that the houses was wrong coded in WaR (at that link)...

Rolling Eyes

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

WillKnott wrote (View Post):
WAR does not retreat like LSA does.....

I'm curious.
In your WAR test you choose a team with 2 soldiers.
Did they both die?

In your LSA test you choose a Pioneer team that had 6 men.
Seems to be a better chance for one maybe two to survive.

Is that the case?

Edit:
If you still have the file untouched you should be able to view the Soldiers and find out how many Kills they had.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

WillKnott wrote (View Post):
WaR was the first   ;0)

Was this updated in a patch?  I have WAR too but I recall the BG's disappearing.  But I could have remembered it wrong.  Ill patch it and check, if thats the case Ill consider it good news.

War was the first to have the retreat feature, though BG's can still be disbanded when they do not own an exit VL at morale break or have no open map to move onto.

TLD did not use the feature as the strat map has little depth thus BG's are disbanded in all instances. Which is the same as CC5 but it is hard coded in the exe and can not be easily changed in a text file like the re-releases.

When a BG is forced to retreat it does receive an additional penalty in that it can not move the following turn.

WillKnott,

Based on what you posted it isn't work right for your installation or was broken at some point. It does work correctly on the latest patch at least. What OS are running? If Windows 7 double check that there isn't a 2nd copy of the campaign.txt in the virtual store;

C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\Data\Base

If there isn't and you are not in the middle of GC, unfortunately it usually best to not patch and continue a GC, then it probably is best to apply the latest WAR patch.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I just played a test and the BG's retreated in disaray

I verified they had fallen back to the controlled map of Gruflange and were reorganising.

strat1828.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.48 KB
 Viewed:  13983 Time(s)

strat1828.jpg

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

And then couldn't move next movement phase

strat1831.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.46 KB
 Viewed:  13978 Time(s)

strat1831.jpg

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Quote:
dev team have still not fixed, that was CCMT.

That is a management decision not Dev. team.

Quote:
And thats why I had to draw all them small pictures and it took you and the developer team 5 pages to understand that the houses was wrong coded in WaR (at that link)...

No you did that even though it was a known issue.... very nice pictures they were but it was old news.]

I think we tossed you a cookie in any case as you put in a lot of work thet really just reinforced what was already known.... just a matter of harnessing resources to address the issue.

:)

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:33 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Well after buying and playing LSA (still haven't played a GC), I personally think it has much greater depth than all previous games. After patching and playing with maximum difficulty levels it is very tough against AI. Capturing a bridge is really hard. You have to make a lot of strategic decisions and carefully balance the casualties against progress, the clock is always ticking. AI is still AI naturally, but fairly aggressive. I have no regrets about the price.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Good to hear the feedback papa_whisky!

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Have mortars had their accuracy and power reduced yet?

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:02 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I have  LSA i think it below standard.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

svr

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Priapus wrote (View Post):

No. They are stupidly powerful. You have to house rule their usage to have any fun.

I would not recommend buying this game at its current state. Wait until some mods come along.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I agree the mortars are a problem. The minimum range of the 3in 8cm and 80mm should be much longer. This would in effect reduce their accuracy, as they engage at a longer range and not for close up defence/attack. The power of them seems about right.

To say you wouldn't recommend buying in its current is a bit self defeatist if you want mods. The problem of mortars, as are many of the other small annoyances are very fixable, just mod it. The more people who play and give constructive feedback the better.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

LSA with the latest official patch is the only CC I play now after my absence.

The mg's are damn lethal and force you to reconsider your game-style (don't walk in the open, don't depend on hiding in buildings and behind walls; -Fire and movement, or you die!)

With the latest patch AT-guns are supposed to be harder to spot. Don't know for sure, sometimes it feels like that, other times they fire a few shots before the crew get mowed down by the Jerry HT or AC. But on the other hand I played turn after turn without spotting the German Infantry gun on one of my maps.

I can agree about the too accurate mortars, but with lesser accuracy and a longer minimum range I think they will be more realistic. Personally I deploy my 80mm far in the back to play "realistic" and sometimes the scatter drives me mad, but when they hit infantry moving in the open the bodies fly in beautiful arcs!  Cool

Right now I don't feel any need to install any other CC than LSA, there is always room for improvements, but over all I like it.
But that's me, as they say: "One Man's Meat is another man's poison". There will always be those who thinks CC peaked at CC3, CC4 or CC5

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:48 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

svr wrote (View Post):
Priapus wrote (View Post):

No. They are stupidly powerful. You have to house rule their usage to have any fun.

I would not recommend buying this game at its current state. Wait until some mods come along.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Hoogleys mod before going anywhere near LSA again. Roll on Stalingrad: TLD edition.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:42 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

you gentlemen NEED to post at matrix if you want anyone to listen to you. this is all good feed back but no one at matrix really looks here for feed back.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

arkturas

Rep: 8.5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

ARKTURAS

Ref the RLI ring - well spotted Schrecken!, its the first time I have signed into the forum in months. Better fire up a game of CC LSA.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:26 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Are you a "Saint"?

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:54 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

The RLI were all saints.  The best at the game back then IMO.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: