Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:38 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Had a play with one of these today... a bit pricey but should run CC while slouched on the lounge or in bed.

http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2010/03/hanvon-touchpad-bc10c-tablet-review.html

Available at officeworks
http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Ebooks-and-Digital-Pens/Ebooks/HATOUCH

Last edited by schrecken on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:34 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

On the go...I can play CC on a Netbook with a 10" LCD...but it's a bit hard to adjust to the small screen when on my main rig I'm used playing on a 24" LCD Cool

trg5

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:13 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

I would also be interested in investing towards developing this on the iPad. I have no idea legal issues, would assume the original developers have only say on this etc.

If anyone can get something started, PM me.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:31 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/08/10/hanvon-windows-7-tablet-goes-head-to-head-with-the-apple-ipad/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:52 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Nah...that touchscreen is gonna be really messy for playing CC...all the touching and poking of your troops while snacking on greasy food  Wink

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:14 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Here you go. Sorry it took so long...   Laughing

ipadcc.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.85 KB
 Viewed:  10032 Time(s)

ipadcc.JPG

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:39 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

woohoo!

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:56 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
market would be pretty small... how about an XBOX version?

Close Combat will be on Xbox Live. Breach will be as successful as Operation Flashpoint if not more this January on 360. Following that success Atomic will put out a modern Close Combat III clone with a Schrecken style strat layer. All of this has been confirmed with Nostrodomus. Now we just have to wait until next year.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Microsoft are re-releasing Age of empires so anything is possble - I guess.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:52 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Then, maybe a Crimson Skies rerelease? Would be nice...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

what's the status on this. would cc work on a table that runs windows 7?

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:05 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

yes, provided resolution was at least 1024 x 768

falzone

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Not convinced about playing it on the iPad, just not the right format really.

i'm currently running all the re-designed games on my Mac Book Pro on Snow Leopard operating system using a cunning program called Crossover.... Unless there is software like that which allows conversion/running of windows software on a Mac, it's going to be v unlikely that a) a Mac version came out, and B) a Mac portable version came out! The biggest games devs out there can't justify spending money developing/converting/porting games for a mac, so I doubt Matrix Games will do this with such a niche community.....

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

I am thinking of buying this tablet. it has a keyboard attachment which will help with cc and seems to be designed for games.

http://gizmo-king.blogspot.com/2011/01/windows-7-tablet-pc-gamers-dream.html

it plays games on a 1024x768 resolution.

arkturas

Rep: 8.5

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Not sure if this was mentioned, why dont you just enable RDP on your desktop and download one of the RDP apps from the app store.
I have used iTap RDP to connect my desktop and play movies - its usable... `try one of the free apps first to see what you think.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: