Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:53 pm Post subject: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

HaHaHa
Now iv'e stopped laughing i shall begin
Whilst playing Ground Tactics on WAR trying too capture the last VL in Carentan which was coverd by two Jerry MG42's
and down to last couple of minutes mortor's out of ammo i make a last desparate bid for victory the order goes out for
smoke cover HaHaHa low and behold my mortor team gets another kill with a smoke shell ? Shocked
The question is how....
1 lucky shot?
2 bad luck (on the Jerry)
3 inhale to much
4 ?????

DOH!

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

well.....i also encountered this king of thing since in CC2......

i think smoke shells in mortars have a killing advantage but cannot be really relied on for killing enemy soldiers....of course if you are desperate to win!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

by the way

number 4 could be the fragments of the mortar smoke shell.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Sorry my friend can't have no4 Fragments....to llikley happen
I much rather prefer ..has he removed his helmet to wipe the sweat from his brow.. boink goodnight vienna

DOH!

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:01 pm Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

hahaha.........could be!!!

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:31 am Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Many smoke rounds use white phosphorus, nasty stuff and deadly at close quarters.

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Yea I have noticed in the newer versions (WaR, TLD) that smoke rounds frequently will kill a soldier, havent compared the data files yet, but do not recall this occurring in CC5 or the older versions.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

In CC3 it could kill. In WW2 the allies certainly used it as an offence weapon.

LtReel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:44 am Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Oh yes, since CC3 smokerounds have been the last resort to a mortar team. For some reason they don´t use them by initiative?? Any visuals of this?

Reel

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:39 am Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

well it depends......

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:33 am Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

In CC5 I once killed one of my own men with a smoke shell. Since then I've been very careful when firing smoke to cover an assault.

I'm not sure how it works, but perhaps it's the direct impact of the shell? This would give a remote, but not entirely zero, chance of hitting a soldier. (similar to tanks using AP shells against infantry).

It can't have been the white phosphorus clouds, since in CC soldiers can pass right under those clouds to no ill effect.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:41 pm Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I experienced many time smoke shell mortar:
- destroying open top vehicle.
- killing crew or inftry ( even if inftry is sneaking prudently)
- but never dommaged AT/AI gun position

So now why it happens i dont know. But it happens but it still rare
( i guess if you have 3 mortar firing at inftry you may firing all your smoke without any casualties)
And sometime you will kill 3/4 of inftry squad...

In the real life i suppose than if you receve directly a smoke shell mortard it 's normal to be injured at least.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:54 am Post subject: Re: Always wear your helmet in battle !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I have previously posted a guide about "always wearing a helmet during battle" so for the uniniated.
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:21 pm Post subject: Blackstumps, Comanders Guide to manouvers in the bedroom    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No1 Always wear a "helmet" during action, remember son safety first. No2 Always keep your weapon clean, oiled and loaded ready for any instant engagement. No3 Always try to use reconn first to determine the strength of your opponent. No4 If early withdrawal is required because of overuse of the troops too early in the engagement, the commander WILL be held responsible. ( also opponent will have a psychological advantage in next battle ) No5 Remember if you're on top of the situation TAKE NO PRISONERS !! if your opponent is on top try not to move the troops around too much, it will only make your opponent more aggresive and don't beg for mercy have some PRIDE!!
No6 Never let your opponent know your weak spot as on occasion this will be exploited to ensure a quick closure to the battle. No7 The value of ambush and the use of stealth tactics at night, to slip the troops into a tight spot is not to be underestimated. However BEWARE THE COUNTER AMBUSH !! No8 If using chemical weapons to gain an advantage over opponent REMEMBER don't test them yourself!!
No9 If as a commander u have to go down then REMEMBER those that have gone before you.
No10 As commander of your troops at some stage in your career, u may have to surrender, REMEMBER theres no coming back from their.
GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING !!

"percute et percute velociter"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: