Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:33 am Post subject: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

The community is quiet on this one. Seems being pc on this site, has some running scared.
Is Ratko a hero or villian?

"percute et percute velociter"

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:39 am Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

A dinosaur from a small country that had a very dark period. It consumed the news in the '90s but now seems so backward. The nationalists / ex-communists won many small battles but lose the war because in the end it was too hard for an entire country to maintain that level of hatred.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:51 am Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

Villian. That war was a war of hate. The hate runs in their blood.

Srebernicia..... What would you hav done if you were on the on scene UN commander?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:15 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

@ Mooxe I sincerely hope i would have had the guts to say take them over my dead body. Informed my commander of my decision, then switched off my radio set.... would I have actually done that? I can't answer that.

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:20 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

I visited Serbia a couple of years ago. Although there's still some unity with their supposed Slav brothers, the hatred towards Albanians was astonishing. Even the younger generation held onto a lot of racist stereotypes. I don't know how Ratko could possibly be considered a hero unless you are a nationalist Serb.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

The only way to explain it...is that the hatred goes back so many generations, the young are bred to hate.  How can normal people commit genocide and treat women and children like that?  They have to be indoctrinated to hate to do such heinous war crimes and genocide.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:07 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

This hate is 300 years old, when turks invaded and they converted to islam to save some tax I've heard...
They are traitors to them since then...

He's a true killer, so no respect for people of his kind. I hope he goes to jail for a long long time!

Hopefully it will be the last genocide in europe

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

pagskier wrote (View Post):

This hate is 300 years old, when turks invaded and they converted to islam to save some tax I've heard...
They are traitors to them since then...

In fact, more than 300 years. Ottoman-Serbian wars lasted from 1371 to 1459, when Serbia was completely occupied. Ottoman supremacy in Serbia lasted until the Second Serbian Uprising (1815) when they manged to get an autonomy, although the Ottoman troops remained in Belgrade until 1867.
Yes, it is correct that a bunch of Slavs converted to Islam to avoid higher taxes. In fact it was so widespread that the Ottomans nearly begged people not to convert to Islam, but there were also the Bosnian Croats who converted in considerable numbers.

However, I must disagree with an observation that "they" became traitors in the eyes in the Orthodox Serbs back in the 15th century (for sure, some saw it that way), since nationalism and creation of nation[al]-state is a thing from the 2d half of 19th century. It is more likely that "they" became "traitors for the past 500 years" during 19th century.

dj wrote (View Post):

The only way to explain it...is that the hatred goes back so many generations, the young are bred to hate.  How can normal people commit genocide and treat women and children like that?  They have to be indoctrinated to hate to do such heinous war crimes and genocide.

I would also place that "hatred breeding" much closer to us - in the wwii, but it would take too long and would be too time consuming and complicate to go into "balkans' tribalism" (as I call it) right now.
About indoctrination. Yes, the Serbs were indoctrinated with the idea of the Greater Serbia since early 20th century, and in this last wave of that stupidity the Serbian Academy of Art and Science played a significant role in brainwashing of masses that would soon be fed to cannons. Read about their infamous Memorandum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorandum_of_the_Serbian_Academy_of_Sciences_and_Arts  ) or read the translation of the original document ( http://www.trepca.net/english/2006/serbian_memorandum_1986/serbia_memorandum_1986.html  ). When a supposed elite of a country is composed of low-life, no-good, dumb-ass, brainsick motherfuckers what can you expect?

Ratko Mladic is only a product of the Greater Serbian idea, additionaly brainwashed by a communist party (and army) who turned to the nationalism when his beloved Yugoslavia collapsed. If it wasn't him, there would be someone else to do it, and it (Sarajevo, Srebrenica and also Vukovar, Dubrovnik, Zadar etc.) would have happened with this or that crew in command, as long as Milosevic held power.

FFL_Kklinkk

Rep: 12.1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:27 am Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

Villain -

All sides have committed crimes agains humanity, some are investigated, others are not.

Why is Kosovan prime a "good guy"  ?  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11996255

pagskier

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

Sorry for the time laps! I tought it was in 18th Century!

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVeq_3t8b88

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 am Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

Hopefully it will be the last genocide in europe

And everywhere  Exclamation

pagskier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):

And everywhere  Exclamation

Well I don't dream yet, I was thinking of this in a more realistic way.

But yeah all around the world  Very Happy

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

[quote="kawasaky";p="59738"]

dj wrote (View Post):

I would also place that "hatred breeding" much closer to us - in the wwii, but it would take too long and would be too time consuming and complicate to go into "balkans' tribalism" (as I call it) right now.
About indoctrination. Yes, the Serbs were indoctrinated with the idea of the Greater Serbia since early 20th century, and in this last wave of that stupidity the Serbian Academy of Art and Science played a significant role in brainwashing of masses that would soon be fed to cannons. Read about their infamous Memorandum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorandum_of_the_Serbian_Academy_of_Sciences_and_Arts  ) or read the translation of the original document ( http://www.trepca.net/english/2006/serbian_memorandum_1986/serbia_memorandum_1986.html  ). When a supposed elite of a country is composed of low-life, no-good, dumb-ass, brainsick motherfuckers what can you expect?

Ratko Mladic is only a product of the Greater Serbian idea, additionaly brainwashed by a communist party (and army) who turned to the nationalism when his beloved Yugoslavia collapsed. If it wasn't him, there would be someone else to do it, and it (Sarajevo, Srebrenica and also Vukovar, Dubrovnik, Zadar etc.) would have happened with this or that crew in command, as long as Milosevic held power.

If I am not mistaken much of the hatred was due to WW2 war crimes and atrocities.  There seemed to be a desire to extract revenge once Yugoslavia disintegrated.   Serbs obviously were very close to their Russian comrades - in terms of common religion, ethnicity and culture.  But the Croats, Bosnian Muslim and others collaborated with the Nazi's and went so far to volunteer in the SS.   Atrocities were committed by both sides in WW2 but the particularly cruel and violent actions led to a tradition of hate passed down by the generations.   The Serbs also got screwed over really bad by Austria-Hungary during WWI.  I had a co-worker that confessed to me his family was guilty of terrible war crimes by his Austrian family.  Psychologically Serbia was still barely starting to recover from WWI atrocities...then they suffered similar war crimes by the Nazi's and their Yugoslav rivals.  This gave them a sense of entitlement to get revenge.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: Ratko Mladic Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):

If I am not mistaken much of the hatred was due to WW2 war crimes and atrocities.  There seemed to be a desire to extract revenge once Yugoslavia disintegrated.   Serbs obviously were very close to their Russian comrades - in terms of common religion, ethnicity and culture.  But the Croats, Bosnian Muslim and others collaborated with the Nazi's and went so far to volunteer in the SS.   Atrocities were committed by both sides in WW2 but the particularly cruel and violent actions led to a tradition of hate passed down by the generations.   The Serbs also got screwed over really bad by Austria-Hungary during WWI.  I had a co-worker that confessed to me his family was guilty of terrible war crimes by his Austrian family.  Psychologically Serbia was still barely starting to recover from WWI atrocities...then they suffered similar war crimes by the Nazi's and their Yugoslav rivals.  This gave them a sense of entitlement to get revenge.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8587

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: