- Fixed multi-player bug where client could get out of sync with host.
- CRLF 'box' characters should no longer show in briefings on Windows XP
- VLs on Eindhoven map re-organized -- "To Nederwetten" moved north.
- Some Battlegroup entry locations corrected for Arnhem Sector campaign, Veghel
and Best of Best ops.
- Panzershreck accuracy increased to match bazooka
- BG purchase point calculation algorithm tweaked. Max pts now based on what it
would take to refill your BG based on current slots and FP. Thus BGs with
expensive teams (i.e. tanks) will recover more points per turn. Resting doubles
points gained for a turn. Resting overnight gives you roughly half the points you’d
need to refill your BG.
- Calculation of team quantities for the FP now rounds off, instead of down. Teams
with 2 in the LSA FPools.txt will have 1 in the FP at Line difficulty, rather than 0,
- Fixed a bug where purchase points could go negative when a shot up team were
returned to the FP at the end of the turn.
- Fixed a bug with timed reinforcements not always being added to the FP until the
- UI-displayed ratings of cover (map examination text, soldier and team outlines)
now using the same algorithm.
- Reduced the distance for an HE round to be considered a ‘direct hit’ on a vehicle
from 3m to 2m.
- Reduced the effect of a blast hit against an unarmored part of a vehicle.
- Greatly reduced the chance of a gun itself being knocked out by a blast hit. It can
still be damaged or have crew killed at the same rate, however.
- Soldiers with a weapon that can damage a vehicle (i.e. panzerfaust) will no longer
choose to close assault the vehicle even at close range.
- Arrival of XXX Corps elements pushed back to closer to their historical time line:
Guards Armored arrives late 17 Sept – early 18 Sept. 43rd Division arrives late 19
Sept-early 20 Sept. 50th Division arrives late Sept 20-early Sept 21. So during 17-
19 September, Guards Armored are the only XXX Corps BGs present.
- Added panzerschrecks to 107.Pz.Bde, 10.SS KGs Rheinhold, Brinkmann, Euling,
and 9.SS KG Graebner.
- Added PzJg (panzerfaust) teams to 9.SS KGs Spindler and Harder.
- Added a 4 additional Ersatz teams to KG Goebel (to bump it up to 9 BG slots).
- Removed 0 quantity LW teams from KG Chill.
- Pushed vehicle move rate set very high for small and large hedgerows, to allow
guns to setup in hedgerows.
- LOS on Arnhem Rail Bridge improved around the bridge landings.
Last edited by mooxe on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 am Post subject: Re: The 5th Last Stand Arnhem v.5.60.51 Beta Patch + Bug Rep
Armoured Cars and Infantry Patch v5.60.51b
My Br Paras are on ambush in a building, German armoured car approaches. Paras start firing and will keep on firing but do no damage to the armoured car. The target indicator shows green, but never any damage to vehicle or crew of the vehicle. The armoured car just sits there doing nothing ignoring being fired at. However, if I give the order for the para's to fire, the armoured car then wakes up and fires back with unfortunate consequences for the paras.
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: The 5th Last Stand Arnhem v.5.60.51 Beta Patch + Bug Rep
Patched, eh? I've been playing the game for a few weeks now and find some things as annoying as ever. If I hear from vehicles "Can't go there" one more time on a perfectly good open road I will scream, and overall vehicles look to be as confused as ever despite multiple waypoints. Infantry and their constant "seeking cover" which ends up making them winded if not blowing their cover is frustrating as hell. The AI looks to be as timid as ever since many battles end up being one of waiting around for something to happen. Yawn. There is definitely room for improvement.
Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:59 am Post subject: Re: The 5th Last Stand Arnhem v.5.60.51 Beta Patch + Bug Rep
Yes I agree the "seeking cover" thing is so frustrating that I may not have any hair left after a few GCs online. But this problem seems to be prevalent in all the Matrix re-releases. This was not an issue in the originals, so it is clearly some sort of code that they have added.
I wish I could find out what it is. I would remove it, and then post the patch here. Did they ever have a "reason" that they added this. I seem to remember that they argue that its a feature. But that can't be right.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited
and found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some
of the great Close Combat mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank
all the members of our volunteer staff that have helped over
the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!