Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

Quote:
OK,this mod no public

If it is not public, why are you showing it as a public mod?

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I don't quite understand how people can mod Close Combat and expect people not to use their mods for ones of their own. Someone please explain.

I released a mod and not a pack of free maps. There is a great difference with it. If people can not understand it, it is because you do not value the work from the modders. If you are unhappy and you do not respect my decision, you can start deleting all my mods from your site. All the people here follow your decissions and we respect your opinions but you should respect the opinions from the creators which they made all the stuff which it keeps your site alived.

On few words, I have given to all you thousands of hours from my live for your enjoy and I have not received nothing at exchange, I waited at least a few of respect about the opinions from my own work.

Erwin read my post on punta de lanza, you have not idea from many things and you are being very unrespectful here with my work and my decisions.

I do not go to give permission to nobody for use the stuff on the battle of ebro. You can try all you want but this is a old agreement between Zikat and me and I do not go to change it.

Even more, I do not know what is making a map from Ebro on a chinese mod, sorry but it sounds me as one insult to the people from Aragon, the maps from battle of ebro were painted over the original terrain.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:37 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

And this comes from a person using all off TT:s work for CC4 into a "new" mod for CC5..hmmm 8O

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:48 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

mig2927 is a new member of this forum and community. He is very welcome to join this community. If you read this thread you will see that other members have been supportive of mig2927 and are grateful that he is sharing his work on his very cool mod with us.

Nomada_Firefox is a very old community member who feels it is necessary for everyone to know that he is a rude, selfish, and arrogant fool. Crawl back under your rock Nomada and go make another Star Wars Mod (unauthorized use prohibited).

gollum_firefox.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.36 KB
 Viewed:  8353 Time(s)

gollum_firefox.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:53 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

Its not that I respect or don't respect your opinion, I just disagree with your stance on this. I am sure others do as well, maybe some agree with you, so this is worth a debate. The license agreement for Close Combat (any version) states you are not allowed to alter the software. There is no distinction between data/maps or anything else. The license agreement describes Close Combat as one piece of software.

You have modified this software many times, specifically going against the license agreement you agreed to. After breaking the license agreement you attempt to envoke your own terms upon the modded software. So you can see how this is hypocritical.

What should happen is Mig should ask for permission from you and Zikat to use these maps in his own mod. If you take into account the spirit of the community, you should say yes with the condition that he credit you in the mods documentation. Legally speaking, you should also say yes.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

mig2927

Rep: 7.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:57 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
mig2927 is a new member of this forum and community. He is very welcome to join this community. If you read this thread you will see that other members have been supportive of mig2927 and are grateful that he is sharing his work on his very cool mod with us.

Nomada_Firefox is a very old community member who feels it is necessary for everyone to know that he is a rude, selfish, and arrogant fool. Crawl back under your rock Nomada and go make another Star Wars Mod (unauthorized use prohibited).

Please stop

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:10 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

My spirit is very clear, if we were speaking from other mod, I would have not problems if I´m asked, other people know it and I help sometimes to them. But with the Battle of Ebro there is not point of discussion, my answer is no.

Quote:
The license agreement for Close Combat (any version) states you are not allowed to alter the software. There is no distinction between data/maps or anything else. The license agreement describes Close Combat as one piece of software.

Yes you are right but on all Close Combat games they let mods and they respect the opinion from modders about his own mods and this is because they win more than they lose.

Quote:
You have modified this software many times, specifically going against the license agreement you agreed to. After breaking the license agreement you attempt to envoke your own terms upon the modded software. So you can see how this is hypocritical.

First I always ask to the creators and second I respect their opinions. I have not broken a license agreement never and at first place if I had made it..........you, me and all the other sites around the history of the mods had been deleted from the face of the world.

But must I share freely with be asked everything? the answer is no and if of one thing I´m sure at 100%, the images from Ebro maps are not from Close Combat games and most of the work on the mod, oh man! even there are voices from me.

Really this is incredible, I spend more of three years from my live making this mod for enjoy you and people can not respect my opinion about if I want share or not the stuff into it. I shared freely the mod, why do you want more? do you want steal me?

And I find it very funny this because at the past, when I started to mod, I received some "no" from modders and I respect their opinions.

I do not go to change of opinion and every people taking the battle of ebro mod without my permission will be pursue by my hands forever.

Really funny how you respect the work from the modders here, great work Mooxe, you have the site more disrespectful to the work of modders from all the world. I´m on many other mod communities from more games but I never have seen things like this. Sorry man but it is the true.

Quote:

Continue please, you have showed how you do not know nothing about mods, Star Wars and Lucasarts. If it had been unauthorized, it would not be made.

Arrogant is named some one when people do not like his answers.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:01 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

I really dont want to continue this but dear Nomada..can you seriously say that you never "borrowed" things from other mods without asking if its ok??

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:25 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
you never "borrowed" things from other mods without asking if its ok??

Not really, even I have a email answer from Lucasarts........perhaps on the past when I was younger, I tried make a mod without ask but at the end I respect the opinion from creators.

You spoke about my mods made with TT´s stuff but I asked him before I made them. Even I have asked to Schrecken and other Matrix Games about these things.

This is the point here. Do you steal things when you can not take them? or do you respect the opinion from creators?

Because if you continue with your attitude, I will leave from this comunity and all the rest from my CC mods will come with password request.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:11 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

Has this Mod been released? I've never played it.
If it has use at will
If it hasn't,then I could understand.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:55 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Has this Mod been released? I've never played it.

If it has not been released and it will not be publicly released, I would have not problems with it. Even I do not need know about it and probably I do not want know about it.

But from the first moment that it is announced publicly on a public forum, it starts to be more close from one mod publicly

And I continue with my opinion about do not share the Battle of Ebro stuff with other public mods. This is my decission and this is not nothing new, it a old agreement from the team.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 pm Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

Yes i have steald things! i have used a PC game and changed it even if the copywright tells me i cant!

I have steald sounds and images from the world wide weeb, i have stealed things from other mods, im not that perfect like you, simply telling that all the things you have used in your mods is either made by your self or borrowed from the owners with an ok

Make them unavailable for the community..who the hell cares! :x

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

Well, most of my mods use content from other mods made a lot of years ago and from other CC games. I can not hide that I have been modding with these resources for years.

But there are a lot of free resources on the net, images, sounds and more and when I needed some new thing, I have made it by myself.

Other point can be if the creators are online. Many people is out but I continue very lived. Usually there is a normal rule between all the mods on the world, when the creator from some is out the net and probably he will not appears more, the solution is ask to other member from his team if there was one or give credits to him at a first place.

But here............I continue very online on the community and nobody asked me never about it. Even if my answer was "no". Have fun but I have been only for more of 10 years.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:57 am Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

If it hasn't been released I could understand someone being upset seeing their work released by someone else before the original creator had a chance to.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

At the end, he has not asked, he has not given credit and he is taking the credit from others for himself. He has not made anything correct and at this case, he can not tell that I have been offline. You know very well about it Platoon_Michael.;)

The unique difference here is my opinion about share or not with other mods the Ebro maps. For it I use a global answer and it is "no" and they were made only for my mod and not for a chinese civil war mod. At the end, I wait convert my battle of Ebro mod to LSA.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: a china MOD. Reply with quote

Ebro on LSA sounds good Nomada_Firefox!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: