Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 am Post subject: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2858442

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:47 pm Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

Great! nice! thankyou! all i need now is troops to fill them up ;)

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

I thought the idea of some BGs being able to field smaller numbers of troops was an attempt to represent the units overall size? i.e. smaller BGs are more liable to being overwhelmed and flanked by larger BGs.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

It is

but now you have the tool to mod something different.

The only problem, it seems, is you can't vary the composition BG by BG.

They will all use the calculation from within the exe to determine the number of slots used.

I'd like tyo see each BG being able to be modde dindividually

eg.  Some Bg's with broad but shallow fpools, some with narrow but deep, and otheres with various combinations in between.

This could create more varied strategic decisions required of the player.

So, we have one baby step forward with this new release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mig2927

Rep: 7.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:14 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

why Can not use 20 slots?

mig2927

Rep: 7.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:16 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

why Can not use 20 slots?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:10 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

There is only room for 15 hmmm.... :?:

Priapus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:30 pm Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

20 slots for very large BGs would be great, especially considering how huge some of the LSA maps are. However, I suspect that's something that can't be modified without tampering with the .exe.

ErwinSp

Rep: 23.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:07 pm Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

I think with modiffications going on in LSA with 20 units micromanagement will be complicated.

I prefer 15 teams or units. ¿Don't it with 20 seems more like Command and Conquer? It's just an expression, you understand me well please.

And i don't like teams without few men to better fire positions with real Wall Mod. I think that the Hand to Hand Combat will be most important with the Modification is coming. And really it's a nice transformation, last night i was amazed very pleasantly, Priapus.

In fact, i'm doing Tests with the new data in individual battles.

Priapus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:38 pm Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

The only teams I have reduced in size are the heavy MG teams because it can be infuriatingly difficult to get the mg to sit by a window during deployment if the teams are large. I may consider enlarging other teams, rifle teams particularly, if that is something everyone agrees to.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:16 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

That "how many soldiers in the sandbox debate" must have some history in this series. Much like the "Small map vs Big Map." Do all CC versions have 15 units? I forget. I do remember thinking big maps should equal more units. Limiting the game to 15 has some benefits like limited scope, commanding 100 units would be pretty hairy.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

george-1st

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:12 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

Hello Schrecken. As you probably know I'm new here and am trying to mod the CC2:LSA maps for CCIII:Cross of Iron  and CC5:Invasion Normandy.  I've spent a better part of three hours fudging around with the programs you recommended in another post to me. All I managed to accomplish is get a headache.

Right now I'll settle for increasing the BG slots in CC2:LSA to 15 as shown above.

I tried using excel in delimited format to change the numbers as indicated in your jpg but it seems that the lines do not match up in my fpools.txt compared to yours.

For example, my line 2 is your line 3. It does not show the 10 like you have on the first column nor the 4 following in the next.

Mines starts out with 64 at line 2.

Can you upload your fpools.txt file for CC2:LSA?
Thanks,

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

hmmm...let's see

i converted a bunch of LSA maps, i think,  amongst others to work with the COI Bloody Omaha mod... they are in that map pack.

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

Quote:
Mines starts out with 64 at line 2.

You need to install the latest patch it was only implemented then.

george-1st

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:27 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch.

I haven't been on this site long enough to know, learning..... happens when you're Johnny come late to the party.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:12 pm Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

sort of begs the question for me what happens at 0, 20 and 30?

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

Please test various changes and report back.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

I thought you might say that Schrecken Wink . If I get round to it I will certainly let you all know. I agree with the point that it would have been even better to enable this effect by Fpool rather than overall, something to look forward too in the future.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:07 am Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

With support for bigger maps in LSA, it wouldn't be illogical to have some more units at hand. 20 would be the maximum for me, though.

If Matrix were to implement some hotkey features (such as scroll through all units, like all RTS games can), this would be helpful. (already posted at Matrix)

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: LSA - Using all 15 slots Reply with quote

ErwinSp wrote (View Post):
I think with modiffications going on in LSA with 20 units micromanagement will be complicated.

Inevitably.

The point at which micromanagement becomes over-complicated will vary from player to player.

Presumably the variables might include:

* player experience
* game speed
* map size
* whether or not units are linked together using the group function
* whether the game includes some form of reinforcement function
* game style (having an on-map reserve; giving a damn about casualties)
* "order and forget" (WW I?)
* how much satisfaction you derive from being precise in the control you exercise

IIRC Both Firefight and Squad Assault have 20 units and feel quite manageable.

I think the "limit" for me would be a bit higher.

The AI would certainly benefit from some beefed up human-wave capability.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: