Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Sapa rather than removing motars why not edit the data files to reduce thier deadliness??

Removing them utterly is taking away an important tactical element from the game (mortar smoke and surpression)

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:45 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Because i hate them and the girlie soldiers runs anyway in the wrong direction when they got under surpression from one bullet...and the smoke..i cant really say i miss it...

Its rather nice to see a "88" survive a 15 minute battle ;)

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

But mortar are iomportant to supress ennemy in open no?

Sapa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Yes in Last Stand Arnhem they kill 50% of the enemy troops and 99% of the AT-guns, thats why i removed a lot of them...

thats my opinion Wink

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:43 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

yeah I agree with you
TBH I'm looking forward to this mod to start to play again LSA! I found it quite dissapointing campaing wise...

But having mortar in battlegroup is usually quite important to ground your ennemy, could it be possible to reduce their effectiveness instead?

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:19 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

yes Sapa its easy enough to reduce thier blast radius or kill rating to make them more similar to mortars in cc5. Without having to remove them entirely from the game

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:32 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

-Herr Kapten! The Americans are attacking! 10 to 1 !!!

-Dont worry soldier..we have a mortar  Very Happy

mortar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.62 KB
 Viewed:  12215 Time(s)

mortar.jpg

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Sapa I'm not sure where you stand, do you like LSA mortars or not? Please make your feelings more clear.  Razz

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Hehe  Cool

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

some more changes

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.32 KB
 Viewed:  12179 Time(s)

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.51 KB
 Viewed:  12179 Time(s)

1.jpg

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Those flags look very Nice.

Sapa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Thankyou :)

Battlegroup names on flags

names.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.86 KB
 Viewed:  12888 Time(s)

names.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Looks good Sapa!

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
-Herr Kapten! The Americans are attacking! 10 to 1 !!!

-Dont worry soldier..we have a mortar  Very Happy

CC mortars are a joke - instant communications, instant aiming and instant projectile impact.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

May I suggest putting the text under the flags within a colored box that provides better contrast?

I can't read what currently is displayed

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Try these Very Happy

glasögon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.92 KB
 Viewed:  12096 Time(s)

glasögon.jpg

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

This command icon ?Smile))

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Last Stand Arnhem desperately needs some improvements / mod's.  No offense to any of the developers that may visit these forums.  The AI is actually worse than the original CC2 product released over 10 years ago.  I had hoped for at least on par but it actually is worse.  Compensates by basically reducing force pool allocation on your side and beefing up the AI numbers but then it just ends up as turkey shoot with zombie AI...the strategic map in particluar, the AI is paralyzed and can never seem to make any movements, etc.

Good job on this Sapa.  Maybe your Hobbit pal can make you a few new maps again.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:48 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

I agree, playing my changed game with both sides and it feels rather nice right now. I really cant understand how the stupid mortars slipped through the game testing??? they are better then snipers...but i suppose its a matter of taste...

One other thing i dont understand is..when is the destroyed bridges repaired? reached several maps with the XXX:Corps and the bridges stayed destroyed battle after battle...hmm

bridges.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.49 KB
 Viewed:  12055 Time(s)

bridges.jpg

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

With regards to the mortars the minimum range should be increased to something close to realistic, the blast power reduced, but the blast radius increased. Hopefully this will give suppression.

MG42 seems way too deadly. If a team comes under persistent MG42 fire it is always wiped out.

With the strat map I would like to see the immovable teams not be absorbed when a friendly unit passes through, as it so often means that a bridge is then left undefended.

Bridges  take time to repair.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: