Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:41 am Post subject: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

Windows 7 Professional (32bit)

Happy to say every version from The Russian Front to The Longest Day work fine, including Close Combat Marines 3.1. I did not have to run compatibility mode on any of them. CC3 exits properly without the usual XP crash on exit.

All mod managers work. MMCCIII works as well.

I did not try Close Combat 1, 2 or Road to Baghdad.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tzenchor

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

An update, i tried both the longest day and a bridge too far on windows 7 home premium 64 bits. Both run perfectly but a bridge too far needs to have videos disabled and an aplication called ccstarter to load the menus properly. Also for installing the update it has to be installed manually

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 am Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

An update from me as well.... Road to Baghdad runs fine without having to mess with compatibility options.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

What about modding tools for CC5 ?  Question

emifisa

Rep: 7.6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

i have a problem with windows 7 ii have CC 4 Battle of the bulge with win 7 not start the game......with Vista is perfect and functional but now i have the windows 7....what can i do for a solution with wind 7??

Dauphin

Rep: 12.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

Try run as an administrator

emifisa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

i think not is this the problem i have this error message at start before the video....action not supported

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:39 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

I can't use Qclone on windows 7. It will start up but does not open the adb's. I would have to install microsoft's java virtual machine but Windows 7 won't let me, stating known compatibility problems. Also, .Net framework which is needed for some tools (though I don't know which ones) can not be installed on 64bit systems. Does anyone know a workaround for installing these applications? If not possible what other tools to open and adjust adb files are there?

Thanks,

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:24 am Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

Please disregard - all I had to do was change the screen resolution to prevent crashes

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Blueburby1

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

it works except the video hangs in game play, so I can move units around during deploy, but I have to scroll for the screen to redraw and update. as well the menu doesnt appear correctly and when things do appear, I get horizontal lines.

Running windows 7, 64 bit

emifisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:16 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

sorry error
edit

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

I had the same problem of "action not supported", but I eventually found a solution to my problem - I dropped screen resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1024 x 768.
This is the only resolution of the screen where the game will launch and not have any "action not supported" problem, all the others results in the same problem.

Ceci tuera cela

enmity13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:49 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

My scrolling doesn't work. When moving the cursor to screen edge, it just flips to the opposite screen edge. Any ideas?

losandes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:45 pm Post subject: Windows 7 Ultimate & Close Combat IV Reply with quote

I have a problem with windows 7 Ultimate and I have CC4 (Battle of the bulge) with win7 Ultimate was impossible to install

Win messenger (close combat IV requieres Windows 9x. Installation aborted)

I ma using comp. mode and i am administrator

How can I do for a solution with wind 7 Ultimate?

thk in advance

yarrick5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

Hi, new to the forum, I played this game years ago, before I joined the service, and just recently tried to find it again.  I cannot find a way to download it (im on windows 7) anywhere.  Ive tried a dozen sites, and with a few i managed to get to the point where it I could agree to terms and conditions, agree, and then nothing happened.  Where can I download the series, regardless whether free or not?  Im in Europe, with only European cards, but paying wouldnt be a problem.  Finding is.  Any help would be much appreciated!!
Edit: wanted to clarify that Im making sure the versions are stated as windows 7 compatible.

dumdum12

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

@ yarrick5

I guess you're able to check Mr google by yourself to find more or less illegal sources for downloading the Close Combat series...

But I rather recommend to buy it via Matrix (Matrix Games) or Slitherine (Slitherine). Both offer many payment options and the versions you get there are Windows 7 compatible...

If you enjoyed the series before is it imo worth a buy cause you'll get many hours of satisfaction out of your bucks  Wink

Hostilian

Rep: 47.4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 am Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

I own most of the original CC games (for the record).  :)

I wonder whether downloading games that are no longer available to buy is 'illegal' (Its not illegal anyway; its copyright infringement, which is a civil matter).
Might the old CC games now be now classed as abandonware?

In a number of countries it's actually ok to download copyrighted material; however you arent allow to distribute it.

dlazov

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:19 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

Dang I spent the last 4 hours reading through the manual, after installing the game this morning and applying the 3.60 patch only to find out that every time I load the game all I get is an error Close Combat Error dialog box that says:

"Unable to get format on stream"

This happens on both the Matrix shortcut icon (Cross of Iron Game Menu) and the Command Centre.

I am running Windows 7 with all the latest and greatest updates. I have several java based compilers running and I have installed Visual Studio (I am a programmer by trade) so not sure why this won't work on my system.

Has anyone else had problems with W7 and CC COI?

I can't believe the game won't even run on my machine, I have plenty of other modern games installed with no issues.

dlazov

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

I have also tried to change the exe to run in all compatibility modes and all fail, the closet was Windows 95 when I saw a mouse cursor and then it just CTD.

This is a real bummer. Twisted Evil

dlazov

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: Windows 7 & Close Combat Reply with quote

I thought that this Matrix version of CC COI was supposed to be Windows 7 compatible?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: