Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
PolishPaul

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 pm Post subject: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

So after many years i've reinstalled CC2 and played myself a Grand Campaign as the Allies. Oh what fun :)

However, just about every time my infantry engages a 2 men PanzerFaust team, they get destroyed. I've had a PzF team actually take out a rifle squad. And its almost the rule, not the exception. Whether its a PzF team sneaking up on a house with a full squad, or i've lost squads charging a house (w/ suppression etc) - those PzF's do sooo much damage to my infantry squads! Has anyone else noticed this? I don't remember this being the case... maybe its just a string of bad luck, but i've developed a fear for them now Razz

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

You're lucky
I broke my CC2 CD in october or so Sad
then I bought TLD but I still miss CC2!

PolishPaul

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 am Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

You know, i did the same thing! CD was cracked and so was my heart Razz I was sooo bummed out. I eventually went on e-bay and ordered one for about 15$ (came with another CC game, can't remember, wasn't mentioned in the bid, but the guy just threw in some extras!). It was published by some other company too...

There's always torrents... you DO own the title so it wouldn't be illegal right? I made freaking backups of all my classics after this...

BUT... what about those PzF teams taking out whole rifle squads? :O

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

don't you mean Panzerschreck teams? I don't remember specialized pzfaust teams in CC2.

PzSchreck = German Bazooka
PzFaust = Single shot AT weapon.

Maybe is just bad luck as you say, I don't think they are stronger particularly like say snipers, now they are some tough bastards.

PolishPaul

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

PzF or PzS, i can't remember - i'm talking about the usual 2 men team of AT. Guess it's just weird luck as i've played CC2 so many times and i can't recall this happening. Wish i had a video of them wiping out a strong rifle/bren team Very Happy just for laughs...

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

Yes, I seem to recall the the Panzerfaust and/or Panzerschreck could be stupidly deadly to infantry in CC2.  But with this proviso.  A hollow charge projectile has a fair bit of explosive in it.  Primarily designed to focus the charge in a hot stream of plasma in order to penetrate armour plate, but it still goes off with a whopping bang!  Just like a grenade, there's going to be shrapnel, so it you are close, then you could get messed up.

In addition, one going off in an enclosed space (room in a house for example) would be potentially very damaging too on soft tissue and bone.  Where it does not make sense is in more open areas.  A round discharging in a field I would not have thought to be dramatic enough to wipe out a squad (would it go off at all?), but maybe the odd injury and if unlucky, death.

What is silly are these Teams targetting infantry at all.  They are a hard target weapon specifically designed for armour, though I suppose they could be effective against fieldworks?  I guess it must be due to the way they are coded in the game? (i.e. HE value or something).  Just guessing.

If you have seen one go off on an AFV (I have), then it does make a bloody big bang!, and I for one wouldn't want to be too close!...

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

Ok now I'm confused, are we talking Hand to Hand combat or that the Pzschrek weapon is deadly vs infantry as in the explosion it makes kills infantry a lot?

vonB

Rep: 32.6

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 am Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

Well, I suppose you could use a Panzerfaust to 'beat' your opponent to death  Wink  but no, not talking about hand to hand combat, but the effect of the projectile exploding.

I am sure that these weapons could cause infantry casualties, but I think the effect is too severe in CC, especially CC2.  All I meant to say was that because a hollow charge projectile explodes violently, there is always a possibility of infantry casualties, but the effects would very much depend on the environment, and I would very much doubt it's effectiveness as a soft target weapon.  However, I am only guessing as intelligently as I can, but it's still only guessing.

I very much doubt that in real life, a Panzerfaust operator would target infantry except in very particular circumstances (i.e holed up in a building when the blast effect could be useful).  I mean, you would feel a bit dumb firing off a round at an infantry squad to see it go sailing past and explode harnlessly just as a tank came into view...

PolishPaul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:56 am Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

Your logic does make sense... I suppose a lucky grenade toss worked in their favor too. And yeah, i've actually charget a squad which resulted in hand-to-hand combad and ... yes, i lost! Maybe it wasn't a full squad, but those PzF/S teams sure get secret kung-fu training! : Wink Or... maybe they do use that PzF to hit my troops upside the head...

And you KNOW that when you play as the Germans and use the PzF teams this way, you'd get wiped out quickly... dang cheating computer  Razz

Willdasmiffking

Rep: 7.9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 am Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

The Blast radius on a projectile of 400g of TNT and Tri-Hexogen will be pretty big if you look at it. If it's good enough to destroy thick metal plate on an armoured vehicle, I suppose it would knock some infantry. XD

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

It is important was the weapon in question panzerschreck or Pzfaust, because 2.0b patch (official) disabled that stupid glitch of firing panzerfaust against infantry.
However, one can target inf. teams with panzerschreck that is especially effective against infantry occupying houses (closed space as VonB pointed out).

androwski

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

I have read about a higher decorated german infantryman, who was a eastern front veteran and then fought on the western front, after D-Day. When he and his group sneaked up to a hedgerow somewhere in france, they found allied soldiers gathered together behind that obstacle in the distance there. Since the Schreck was new to theese germans, they tried the "Ofenrohr" out on this crowd, with suprising success.

That´s what comes into my mind, regarding Schrecks and AP capability.

The story was in one of the many "Landser" booklets. A publicated series of wartime stories, available in germany. Usually with backroundstory of the operation and front on which it plays. With one ore more personal stories in it. I have to admit that some of the many stories seem to be fictive or invented.

blinddog14

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

Ah , yes, the 2.0 patch... and now my tanks run straight down the road. hahahahahahaha!
And those panzerschrecks are pretty sneaky.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

Dedicated cc2 players have updated ' patches ' to fix, etc. this wonderful game without changing the way it plays and the way we have come to love it !

Smoke nades are better.  etc....

Try it.  U will love it.  :D

3.4 patch * can be found here @ closecombatseries cc2.

Enjoy!

blinddog14

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:23 am Post subject: Re: PanzerFaust teams are VERY deadly?! Reply with quote

I wondered about that 3.4 patch. Downloading in ten... nine... eight...
thanks!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: