Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:14 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
The next patch features a new intro video... a lot of time has been spent on it.

You're a joke, and the company you work for, Matrix Games, is also a joke.

oh, and CC5 Invasion of Normandy rules!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

and you are nothing... and I have all the money from new release sales...nyuk nyuk

kerrrching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

panssarijaakari

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

The next patch features a new intro video... a lot of time has been spent on it.

With all due respect, schrecken, I believe such updates aren't really necessary. Please fix gameplay issues such as the MG's max range of just 500 meters and not being able being able to get commanders with a rank of 1st Lieutenant or higher.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

why are you asking me to fix anything???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

panssarijaakari

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Am I mistaken in believing that you have been working with the latest CC releases? If so, my apologies.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

I believe I'm still listed on the team.

But I don't do anything that management is interested in.... and that has been the case for more than two years now.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:26 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

I believe I'm still listed on the team.

But I don't do anything.

Just needed to correct that post due to typo.  Laughing

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:12 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

how droll

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

How Droll.........CCMT-WAR

Disenchanted with You

heia Safari!!

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

panssarijaakari wrote (View Post):

With all due respect, schrecken, I believe such updates aren't really necessary. Please fix gameplay issues such as the MG's max range of just 500 meters and not being able being able to get commanders with a rank of 1st Lieutenant or higher.

Matrix Games: Hey guys, our last two rereleases are total junk.  Should we patch and fix them?
Matrix Dev team: Nah...but why don't we make a new intro instead?
Matrix Games: Sounds good.  You can proceed.  

This gaming moment of idiocy and fraud was brought to you by the thieving people at Matrix Games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:57 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

It also has a new splash screen.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Good posts Troger/Mooxe! Talking strategy might at least be productive.

I'm not sure how much effort they are still going to put into the re-releases but what would you propose be done with the remaining effort?

I would propose;
- they make the beta patches official for all the re-releases.
- provide another LSA patch as I think there are still some bugs in the current beta

Other example ideas;
- create some mod tools?
- help port CC5 mods to WAR/TLD?
- move CCMT features (ex. digging in, mount/dismount, unlimited support, the editor, etc.) to other versions? * doubtful due to effort and how CCMT sold as the features didn't make it sell *
- new features?

I agree that talk concerning these games could be a little more productive. Although, it doesn't seem like those that are pulling the strings are really listening.. I like the idea of adding some of those CCMT features, however, I think the real issue is how to get the gameplay back to what it was like in the originals.

I'll let two pictures do the talking for me, both were taken in two separate battles using the latest build of LSA. While the screenshots may present a situation of mad rushing, I was simply trying to move a couple units around (responsibly).

I'm sorry, but that "enemy spotted" and subsequent aborting of movements have to go. It has really made the game just downright unbearable to play at times. CC was built on the 'thrill of combat, and the power of command", it needs to get back to that!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Those little screenies are perfectly welcome in a CCMT game.

First off, if you can see the enemy, there is a percentage chance they can see YOU.

Second off, if the enemy can see you, YOU are probably gonna die.  Exclamation

And last but not least, if you are being attacked, re-deployment notwithstanding, it means the enemy can see YOU ...

and if the enemy can see you, YOU are probably gonna die.   Exclamation

Wink

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Ah, looks like the best thing to do would be to sit and not order them to do anything, lest anyone die or be attacked on a battlefield. I get it now!

At the end of the day, I prefer a game that gives me the control.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Ah, looks like the best thing to do would be to sit and not order them to do anything, lest anyone die or be attacked on a battlefield. I get it now!

Are you sure?

You can do anything you want just try not to go vis, or you are probably gonna die.

The concept mainly came into wide acceptance in the latter part of the 19th century. It occurred to everyone, that maybe the best course of action is to remain concealled while you fight. Even if your weapons are making a lot of noise.  Idea

This kinda was about the same time everyone lost the colorful uniforms, trading them in for more "earthy" tones. Except the French, of course.

The AI likes to do this, and at least for me the game is hunting out the AI's teams, without having your own teams go vis. It works better that way.

And ya, one more thing, don't get any friendlies killed, or YOU get to do the press conference.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Pipfromslitherine starting to get annoying. Its 2014 people, who really needs to be told why GtC multiplayer functions are crap, with PITF and GtC they really took a step back in time from the rest of the games with multiplayer. You just have to load up any FPS or smartphone game to see how easy it is for them to connect online. If they could only just admit it.........

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

Well, it seems these guys have a nice business model. They have the name rights of a famous series. They recycle those games with minimal developer team size and budget, but with an end-product having maximum price!  They make money, so they continue this model.

Ideally, they should just ask us people here at CCS, take our feedback and develop something accordingly. There is no proper community consulting with these guys from Matrix. In contrast, look at all the new games being made with Kickstarter:

As an example, the Jagged Alliance Flashback developers work very closely with the original Jagged Alliance 2 community. Those games have proper dedicated forums, not like the clusterfuck of a forum Matrix Games has. Modders as well as casual players give feedback at a beta stage with Steam early access. We are not in the 1990s anymore, the game development scene of the new decade requires working together *with* the community, instead of seeing them only as cows to milk.

Some other new games of famous series developed in combination with Kickstarter and Steam Early Access: Divinity: Original Sin,   Wasteland 2

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

The excuses that anyone from and or associated within developing or working on CC is just beyond comprehensible to me anymore.

If this same product was a car,furniture,restaurant or any other daily purchase within ones life would never get a second chance in my daily life.

And yet this one gets a second chance time and time again.

I'm single now and I thought for sure my activity would pick up with that but you know what?
I haven't touched it since.
This game is on a very very short leash.

At this point I've pretty much come to the conclusion that they will Milk you to death with new games and new versions and NEVER make a game worth buying.
And that's no psychic prediction.
The proof is right there in front of you.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:22 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
The excuses that anyone from and or associated within developing or working on CC is just beyond comprehensible to me anymore. If this same product was a car,furniture,restaurant or any other daily purchase within ones life would never get a second chance in my daily life.

I have always been under the assumption that the CC series may be one of the few franchises you have messed with over time.

So, I can understand your insistence on perfection. And I feel like you and guys like mooxe and tejszd have supported Matrix to the extent that you can.

Looking back on some of my posts in this old thread, I must confess I am embarassed by many of my own posts.

Matrix has produced a gazillion wargames. I purchased a few along the way.

I have had an enormous amount of fun with CCMT, CC2 Redux, and WAR (Classic CC4).

My mistake has been bitching and moaning about CC on this site. It's pointless. It has left me with the opinion that some game producers are the REAL pirates.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:09 am Post subject: Re: Disenchanted Reply with quote

I'm not looking for Perfection

I understand that there is no way shape or form ANY game can be made for everyone.

It would however be nice to see common sense.

The game is being sold and advertised with the moral,conditions,support of troops being the strong point of the game.
Yet there is NONE of that from those who create or play it.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: