Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
kawasaky

Rep: 22.2
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:48 am Post subject: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

If you haven't already - it's a MUST SEE:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7313748

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:37 am Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

Interesting, much I don't agree with. The fundamental truth is we are running out of oil without yet a solution and that is a major problem.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

The solution will only be got once it gets too expensive too pump (we will never run out of oil, it just becomes too expensive to pump up).
As long as there is money to be made from oil, expect no energy revolution.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:40 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I buy everything that guy says, from reading his Wikipedia entry seems there are those who think he isn't a particularily good with his scholarly methods.

However, I think that more attention should be placed on the very oil-dependent societies that we are running at the moment. All that oil-based pollution doesnt' just vanish from the planet.

kawasaky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:21 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

Yep, I've read the critics. However, if you believe him not there are others like Richard Heinberg, Rob Hopkins, Marion King Hubbert and those names would lead you to more scholars that went into the peak oil problem, but think what you like, do what you think is the best.

I myself was in denial of peak oil from 2001 to 2005. It takes time to sink in. Maybe I still would be [in denial] if I wasn't working in the environment protection sector that gave me a chance to learn some things I prolly never would have, and to study some problems thoroughly.

kawasaky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

Since this is a mil.gaming community there's something that would be more appropriate:
http://www.postcarbon.org/blog-post/508186-the-peak-oil-crisis-the-german

And for those who care to watch, this is a very good movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVzJhlvtDms&feature=player_embedded

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

Peak Oil production has been discussed going all the way back to the 1950's.  Emerging powers India and China with their huge population bases now thirsting for oil like never before...will accelerate this.  The math doesn't lie...we will eventually run out, the current consumption rates are not sustainable.

Yes but the real issue is that the Oil Industry is the most powerful in the world for well over the past 100 years.  Plus they act in collusion with the auto industry to guarantee as best as they can, that societies will be completely dependent on them.  Los Angeles for example had a highly-efficient mass transit rail system in place up to the 1950's.  However due to tremendous political power of the auto lobbyists...they were able to persuade the City of Los Angeles to dismantle / destroy the rail system...so they could force residents to purchase cars instead of using rail systems.  

Former American President Teddy Roosevelt must be stirring in his grave - to see how corrupt the oil and auto industries have become...despite his brave efforts 100 years ago to enact the first anti-trust laws against the oil industry ( Standard Oil aka Chevron).

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 am Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

An interesting linkage between peak oil and 911. I am able to accept that peak oil is a major issue that is hidden within policy, I am also able to accept that oil offers the only known rational explanation for the invasion of Iraq. I am also willing to accept that circumstances relating to 911 are not adequately explained by any inquiry.

I do not yet accept that 911 was a false flag operation, but concede it is a possibility until the circumstances of 911 are adequately explained. It did however provide the opportunity that USA had been looking for, and that the concept of the war on terrorism is at the very least self serving and inappropriate.

I do not as yet accept that peak oil theory sufficiently explains all the connections made, and many other alternative explanations exist.

I find it interesting though that peak oil does to me explain why Europe embraced and has poured large amounts of money into alternative energies as a response to global warming when the science behind it was not sufficiently solid in terms of future possible economic losses resulting from it to justify the costs of implementing the mitigation measures i.e. the governments saw an opportunity to fund the development of fossil fuel alternatives not necessarily as a response to global warming but as a response to the need to develop alternative energies that replace reliance on them as they are running out. What is unusual in all this the still underfunded programs on nuclear fusion.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Peak Oil production has been discussed going all the way back to the 1950's.  Emerging powers India and China with their huge population bases now thirsting for oil like never before...will accelerate this.  The math doesn't lie...we will eventually run out, the current consumption rates are not sustainable.

A simple truth that still is not fully accepted.

dj wrote (View Post):
Former American President Teddy Roosevelt must be stirring in his grave - to see how corrupt the oil and auto industries have become...despite his brave efforts 100 years ago to enact the first anti-trust laws against the oil industry ( Standard Oil aka Chevron).

Standard Oil became Exxon, Esso, Mobil, and dozens of other companies as well.

I liked the show, but he fell into a common trap - most plastic doesn't come from oil, it comes from gas (ethane and propane). It is still a petrochemical but there is no shortage of it in the near future. Peak oil will mostly affect transport and oil company profits.

kawasaky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):

I do not yet accept that 911 was a false flag operation, but concede it is a possibility until the circumstances of 911 are adequately explained.

Nice little film:
http://world911truth.org/911-15-minute-documentary-you-have-to-see/

dj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:12 am Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

An interesting linkage between peak oil and 911

It did however provide the opportunity that USA had been looking for, and that the concept of the war on terrorism is at the very least self serving and inappropriate.

Yes it did provide a justification for Defense and "Security" spending budget to more than double since pre-911.  It is bankrupting us.  Plus the Bush people got a power grab to hook-up their buddies with favorable energy policy with almost no serious effort whatsoever to develop alternative energy technologies.  Which kept society yet again completely dependent on Oil.  It is failure of our governments to not invest more $ and effort to develop alternatives.

kawasaky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:19 am Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

DJ, it's not only failure of gvts, voters are responsible as well. At least you had (have) Ron Paul. I wish that I have someone alike to vote for  Evil or Very Mad

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:14 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

kawasaky wrote (View Post):

I do not yet accept that 911 was a false flag operation, but concede it is a possibility until the circumstances of 911 are adequately explained.

Nice little film:
http://world911truth.org/911-15-minute-documentary-you-have-to-see/  

Interesting. The evidence surrounding tower 7 seems convincing. I would like to see someone try to refute that it wasn't imploded, to hear an alternative view. The janitors testimony relating to the to the twin towers is also interesting, the only crack in his credibility is the fact that he is fundamentally a showman. It is almost too shocking to consider that the whole event was staged.

kawasaky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:09 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

papa_whisky, if, for argument's sake, III Reich won the war we would "know" that the Poles started the whole thing by attacking the Gleiwitz radio-station plus dozen other "terrorist acts" against the peaceful Germans during that night.

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

Yes, but different. The winners get to write history. In this case who has won what? All the systems of free speech still exist even though mass media is heavily controlled and investigative journalism is almost extinct. If the 'system' wants to cover things up it has a big advantage over those who seek the truth. If we assume that there was a government within the government which orchestrated this, for them to 'win' it would mean that they are now the de facto government and democracy in the USA has been suspended even though nobody is aware that has occurred.

dj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:52 am Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

Yeah the 9/11 "Truthers" sound convincing but there is not any real evidence to support ridiculous claims of conspiracy.  Did the Bush regime exploit the situation for political power grab? Yes.  Did the government take advantage of opportunity to suppress our civil liberties/rights?  Yes.   Did the government commit grand conspiracy to murder thousands of civilians and crash into their own buildings?   Absolutely not!

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 am Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PEAK OIL   Shocked

we are gonna run out for sure!

This is why i am already putting all my money into sustainable energies

i am going to breed

CLYDESDALES

_______________YES!______________

_______________I SAID_______________

____________CLYDESDALES____________

CHEERS

AGS

_______

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

kawasaky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qeRaBaPRmk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Rubin

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

With all due respect

Bullshit

America sits on the richest oil reserves in the world. The fucker is trying to scare everyone.

Even if this does not occur, everyone does need to a shotgun and a semi auto rile at their house and a couple of houndred rounds. Also, at least six months supply of dry foods.  Just in case shit hits the fan.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:38 pm Post subject: Re: MIKE RUPPERT - COLLAPSE Reply with quote

Amen! to Clydesdales!

Want those to be ~my~ official Horses around the MF_Church's Heavenly Home  Very Happy !

Love them!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: