Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pathfinder123

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:02 pm Post subject: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

I know it is an old game, but I still think it is the best CC.

1. Install a Full Install

2. Run 2.0b patch. (if with Vista, you need to run it with a compatibility mode for it to work.)

Find it here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=6

3. Run the 3.4 patch.

Find it here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=14

4. Start the game and enter F8 Options and set everything to your liking. Then exit the game if everything works.

5. To set up a custom Screen Resolution, go Start - Run - regedit - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsof t Games\Close Combat\2.00
Edit the ScreenX and ScreenY values to your liking, f.e. your desktop resolution. After this you cannot enter F8 Options Screen again or you will have to do it again, rather change the options from regedit.

Your CC2 should now look like these:
http://imgur.com/61Obj.jpg
http://imgur.com/w30yN.jpg

6. If you dont like cows mooing or to have yellow panzers, then mod your game by downloading New Sounds (replace old sound file) and by installing Tank Camo Patches.

Get them here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV41CE40

7. For online play you can choose to forward router ports.

http://www.portforward.com

Open these ports:

47624 TCP & UDP
6073 TCP & UDP
2300 – 2400 TCP & UDP
1945 TCP & UDP
16000 UDP  (for GameRanger hosting)

It is a good idea to close your firewall if you have troubles connecting.
Close browser and you are safe even without a firewall.
Dont download anything during gaming, that will destabilize your connection.

8. GL HF !!

PolishPaul

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:47 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

Oh, very nice! I had no idea i could alter the resolution! Too bad i didn't see this earlier as i recently completed a grand campaign Smile But eh, i need to do it over as i had it set on too easy :P

Any tips on how to speed up the loading of each screen? The circle drawing outwards during each screen takes a good 5+ seconds (at least in win 7)

Pathfinder123

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

Sorry, I dont know about the circle, I use XP Pro 32bit and it is fast..

You should give a go to the new sounds though, they really rock, compared to the originals.

with 2.0b+3.4 patched game the Head to Head Grand Campaign should be something like German Weak vs. Allies Strong.

Vs Computer I usually play something like; Me German Normal/Weak vs. AI Allies Very Strong, or Me Allies Normal vs AI German Normal/Strong/Very Strong.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:48 am Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

Quote:
Close browser and you are safe even without a firewall.

A word of caution.  Unfortunately not so.  You would be vulnerable to Port Scanning which takes place robotically 24x7 on the Internet.  The risk is moderated if you are using NAT but that will depend on the security of your Router/Modem, and if you are using a 'game mode' or DMZ (bypassing the NAT), then you remove that protection as well.

You can test this out.  Leave your computer connected to the internet with a Firewall monitoring inbound connections.  Do not do anything.  Wait.  If you see any attempt at an inbound connection, where did that come from? (you did not initiate it).  It only takes a few seconds for malware to establish itself through an unprotected Port (which is the purpose of Port Scanning and what a Firewall is designed to prevent).  You probably would not know that it has happened until you did a system scan with suitable security software, and even that is not guaranteed 100% to pick it up, and by that time the damage may have already been done.

Sure, the highest risk is Browsing without Firewall/Malware protection, but do not assume that not using a Browser without a Firewall is 'safe'.  it isn't.  It's just less of a risk.

Orsai-De-Cadiz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:29 am Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

How Do I Use A No Cd Crack? My Cd Is Badly  Damaged?

Willdasmiffking

Rep: 7.9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:39 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

do you need Hamachi for this or anything like that or can you just connect to someone's I.P adress?

(I've never actually played it online!)

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: 3.4 installation problem Reply with quote

I and Stauffenberg need some help.
We're about to start the GC but it seems he's having some problems with 3.4 patch.

His game is fully installed, he mounted the patches in exact order (first 2.0b and then 3.4) but his units do not read 3.4 at the ends of their respective names, as they should (i.e. Bazooka 3.4; Rifle 3.4)...

Is it possible that the patch is installed but somehow fails to add that extension in unit names, or if not, what does he have to do to set it up?

VonStauffenberg

Rep: 1.4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:31 am Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

To help clarify, I click the autoinstaller for 3.4, and a window pops up, after which a loading bar quickly jumps to 100%. I then recieve a message that 7 files have been unzipped successfully. I am given no more options, so I assumed (incorrectly) that the patch installed. Later, I noticed I did not have the readme which downloads after 3.4 has been successfully initiated...

kawasaky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 am Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

GI Joe and Homba gave some advices in the TH forum, here's the link:

http://www.tournamenthouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10610&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

VonStauffenberg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:23 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

I manually copied the folders but I still do not see 3.4. Maybe i installed it but I can't see it for some reason? Is there another way to test if the mod implemented? I am going to check unit costs.

VonStauffenberg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:31 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

I found the correct folders and it now works. I can see 3.4 in all the unit names. Smile  Thanks!

BR_Braz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

Hello
After many years I am trying to get back to playing CC2.
I've made my account on GameRanger.
However, I am experiencing problems installing the game and the patch.
My operating system is Windows 7. Once we where installing the cc2 directly to Program Files etc.
Windows 7 in Portuguese is not allowing me to rename the Arquivo de Programase (Program Files in Portuguese).
Thus, the game is installed in c://Arquivo de Programas/Microsoft Games/ Bridge too far.
When I try to install the patch cc2.20b he can not find the correct path.
Any tips on how I can resolve this issue?

EDIT 25/10/2011
I think I do it.
Need someone to test online... Someone?
More one thing: ppl use that 3.4 patch?

Playing CC2 since 1992

kawasaky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

All what's left of THouse players use 3,4.
It is well debated over, and it's a good patch. If I remember correctlly Eric Young gave a green light for it too, so it's semi-official Smile
Or was it the previous one?

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

3.4 is the one to use.  Wink

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:25 am Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

BR_Braz wrote (View Post):
Hello
After many years I am trying to get back to playing CC2.
I've made my account on GameRanger.
However, I am experiencing problems installing the game and the patch.
My operating system is Windows 7. Once we where installing the cc2 directly to Program Files etc.
Windows 7 in Portuguese is not allowing me to rename the Arquivo de Programase (Program Files in Portuguese).
Thus, the game is installed in c://Arquivo de Programas/Microsoft Games/ Bridge too far.
When I try to install the patch cc2.20b he can not find the correct path.
Any tips on how I can resolve this issue?

EDIT 25/10/2011
I think I do it.
Need someone to test online... Someone?

Another site with excellent CC2 information is tournamenthouse.com - forums.
More one thing: ppl use that 3.4 patch?

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

yarrick5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

New to the forums,  I cant find a site that I can download cc2.  Anywhere.  Ive been to a dozen plus sites.  Nothing seems to work past accepting terms and such, then it just does nothing.  Its quite annoying.  Where can I go to actually get this game for windows 7?

Hetser

Rep: 23.7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Setting up your CC2 Reply with quote

Regarding "port scanning" ( vulnerability ), could he not run his connection to a router? Then, being behind a router the intrusion attempt would find nothing.

Or:  Has anyone tried running "smoothwall" on an old computer and using that as a firewall?

Just curious.

Hetser

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: