Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Rek

Rep: 6.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm Post subject: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

Hello!!

Now i´m working in a mod for a midle east conflict: Yom Kippur Sinai. With the help of dak_legion, i have advanced so long, but now i have a problem.

While i´m testing the new mod, i notice that the wreck was wrong: i see the new images that i developed for the mod but the shadows are wrong. I saw that the problem is that the names of the wreck in the column of vehicle.adb, has not the apropiatte order, so i begin to manipulate and edit this columns... but in some vehicles, i can´t put the apropiatte wreck cause the game don´t work  for the "File campaing has too many weapons defined".

So, what can i do? Any idea will be wellcome.

PD: perhaps must be the troubles caused for any speciel rules for adb files?? something  like "the column xx must to summ 1.204 to not crash the game"  ??¿¿

Please to all the great modders!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

Rek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 pm Post subject: Re: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

Rek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 pm Post subject: Re: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

The mod, like you can see, are progresing quite well... but for the Beta i want that the wrecks going to be right!!!

PD: if you are spanish or speak spanish, write me in spanish, ... my skill with english language is low.  Wink

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

I think there is a limit on the number of wrecks that can be used. I don't know how many wrecks the original game had but I would guess that is the limit. You will have to make one wreck for a number of different vehicles if you have many vehicles.

Rek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:12 am Post subject: Re: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
I think there is a limit on the number of wrecks that can be used. I don't know how many wrecks the original game had but I would guess that is the limit. You will have to make one wreck for a number of different vehicles if you have many vehicles.

thanks (gracias) for the answer  Wink

but i only have 32 wreck images, and they have the "original" names, like am4a175mm or g251_1 .... and i have one vehicles.azp files that works, but the order in the columns wrecks is incorrect (and only appears 11 or 12 wrecks, repeated in many vehicles)

when i edit some vehicles in the column wrecks, the game crashes with the error "File campaing has too many weapons defined"

i think that it´s a problem editing with oclone (i have the same problem when i give icons for the weapons, in weapons adb: i resolved it with duplicated icons with other numbers that works in the column, but this not the solution in this case, because if i duplicate the wrecks, with the limits of 34, the real number of wreck will be 17 or less  Embarassed )

For example: i have my wreck.azp file, with the AM3HT.19.23, that in my mod is a wreck of a type T-55/54 tank. I go to the vehicle.adb file and edit: i put AM3HT for the T54, and works; i put it for the T55A, and works; i put it for the Tyran-5, and works...

But when i put it for T55 or TO55, when i tested, the game crashes and appears the f***ng message: "File campaing has too many weapons defined"
:evil:

More ideas, please!!!! ... perhaps someone resolves it

Rek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

i had forgotten to said that the mod is for CC5  Razz

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 pm Post subject: Re: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

I am afraid I can't remember the reason for the message 'File campaing has too many weapons defined' using the change you made does the game play if you don't use the T55 or TO55? If it does the error is specific to those vehicles. It is very unlikely that it is the wreck that is causing the problem if it works for others, as far as I understand the wreck should only indicate the graphic to be used.

I suggest that you recheck all the adb files associated with those two tanks. If you copy all the values of another tank and insert them all into the ones giving you trouble and the game works then you know that the source of the trouble is limited to your original values.

I know it is very frustrating to spot the error, and sometimes simple mistakes are hard to spot.

Rek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Help with column wrecks in vehicle.adb Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
I am afraid I can't remember the reason for the message 'File campaing has too many weapons defined' using the change you made does the game play if you don't use the T55 or TO55? If it does the error is specific to those vehicles. It is very unlikely that it is the wreck that is causing the problem if it works for others, as far as I understand the wreck should only indicate the graphic to be used.

I suggest that you recheck all the adb files associated with those two tanks. If you copy all the values of another tank and insert them all into the ones giving you trouble and the game works then you know that the source of the trouble is limited to your original values.

I know it is very frustrating to spot the error, and sometimes simple mistakes are hard to spot.

without the change, the games works, ever, if you use T55 or TO55, or if you don´t use it

with the change the games crashes, althought you don´t use T55 or TO55

i wanted to resolve this problems before i "park" the mod for three months, causes by my studies

but i spend one more week in the mod that the time that i wanted to spend in it, and the wreck problem still there, ....

So, thanks for all, i´ll come back like modder at February 2012!!

Now i´m again only a CC5 player... (when i´ll found some time for it, xD)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: