Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:17 am Post subject: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

ver2.5
The main focus of 2.5 is a rework of Battle Groups (BG's) included in the Campaign "Objective Caen".
These specific BG's are now approximately Company sized, and have the ability to Reinforce. An extra day is added to the length of the campaign too.
These changes, as well as a newly edited "Objective Caen" campaign, should further intensify the Close Combat experience.  Company sized BG's puts attrition at the forefront of daily strategic decisions, and opens up possibilities of cutting off an opponent’s reinforcements as well as supplies.
Line vs. Line is suggested, but various combinations of difficulty levels can be used for a specific preference.

-British/Canadian/German BG's fpools and bgroups edited
-Added a fifth day ... with three turns per day
-Reworked "Objective Caen" campaign
-various small corrections
-Suggested selection rules (as seen in BG screen): No Armor, vehicles, Guns in first two columns of Active Roster
note: BG's can't reinforce every day. British AB BG's can only reinforce once ... while all others can reinforce one time less than the number of days left after their arrival.
Also, some rare types of Armor won't be available after first reinforcement ... so have them in the active roster before reinforcement

get it here:

http://uploading.com/files/93edm8b5/Ground_Tactics_v2.5.tLD/

that's the last thing for GT ...

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

Thanks man.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:32 am Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

Thank you davidss!!!

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

Correction to readme file and addition notes:

correction:
1.915/352 can reinforce only one time. note: original readme says twice.

additional notes:
1.Rare Armor that may not be available (in Force Pool) after reinforcement using "Line" difficulty level or harder:
Panzer IVC
Marder I
Panzerjager 35R

Achilles
Centaur IV
Wolverine

2.Schnelle 30, 857/346, 915/352 ... Armor and Guns may not be available (in Force Pool) after reinforcement using "Line" difficulty level or harder.

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:39 am Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

Damn, when you said 'rare' armour i thought you'd be talking about Jagdpanthers and Flammpanzers Razz

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 am Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
Damn, when you said 'rare' armour i thought you'd be talking about Jagdpanthers and Flammpanzers Razz

haha ... rare in this case is relative.

Let's say you have a stock TLD BG with lots of PzIV's, a couple of PzIVC's, and a Marder I.
In this group of Armor, the latter two types are relatively rare. If this specific BG is able to reinforce two times (in the "Objective Caen" campaign), then I figured the best way to portray this ratio (in the edited Force Pools), is to have a higher number of Pz IV's available for each reinforce ... but only have the two PzIVC's and Marder I available before reinforcement.
Then a player needs to use these rare"r" units in their active roster before reinforcement, otherwise they won't be in the force pool beyond reinforcement.
A player must decide if he/she wants to use the more rare but perhaps less effective units in the active roster ... or use better units (Pz IV's), but not get the advantage of the extra number of units gained by employing the more rare types.

If you have them available even in small numbers for each reinforce ... then a player who gets them knocked out before each reinforce, could have a chance of six PzIVC's and three Marder I's ... and therefore the intended ratio isn't properly produced.

Steveo38

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 am Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

davidssfx wrote (View Post):
ver2.5
get it here:

http://uploading.com/files/93edm8b5/Ground_Tactics_v2.5.tLD/

that's the last thing for GT ...

I've been trying to get this file for a few days now, but each attempt results in the following message on the uploading site:

"Sorry, you have reached your daily download limit.
Please try again tomorrow or acquire a premium membership."

I haven't downloaded anything from uploading so not sure what's happening. Can this be hosted on the main site please or can someone send it to me.

Thanks
Steve

kweniston

Rep: 57.9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

Steveo38 wrote (View Post):

"Sorry, you have reached your daily download limit.
Please try again tomorrow or acquire a premium membership."

I think clearing your internet cache or cookies may solve your problem.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: GRound Tactics 2.5 Reply with quote

Further notes:

The Objective Caen Campaign has been designed to try and simulate battle field characteristics common to historical conditions, with respect to strategic map level game play. By balancing Battle Group quantities and placement, some battlefield historical similarities can be realized ... such as:

1.The necessity for German command to establish a line of defense across the Strategic map, so as to not permit Allied Battle Groups access to supply depots, and/or supply lines. This is possible to accomplish, but requires both Battle Group advancement and retreat during move turns, along with defense of specific victory locations. Therefore, knowledge and understanding of the strategic map is critical for overall success ... especially since important German Battle Groups arrive later in the Campaign (June 8, 9).

2. Although Allied Battle Groups out number their opponent's ... they aren't relevant to the outcome unless they can break through German defenses, and gain further access to German held ground. This simulates bottleneck restrictions Allied forces encountered while moving inland through Normandy bocage terrain.

I've prepared a single page (printable) strategic map using small versions of TLD maps, so players can better visualize map connections and the type of terrain at map entry points. Information about Battle Group arrival dates and the number of times they can reinforce is also included.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: