Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:02 am Post subject: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

After months, months and more months of playing a game once in a while i finally completed the SDK Die Kampfgruppen Grand Campaign on the german side.
My battlegroups nearly completely depleted, down to my last 2 tanks i managed a total victory 2 days before the campaign's end date.

Did anybody else find the time/stamina/perseverance to finish the grand campaign?

SDKDK.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.15 KB
 Viewed:  11024 Time(s)

SDKDK.jpg

Superkala

Rep: 5.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 am Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Are you loco presidente?!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 am Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Never did finish the campaign and definitely wasn't on pace for a kill ratio like you got there. Way to go!!!

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Wow... you did some serious killing  Shocked .  What settings were you using if you remember?

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:46 am Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Oh my God...I have never ever seen numbers like the Russian casualties you posted there...

I was going to play SDK next, but suddenly I have my doubts...  Confused

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

No, it is fun  Cool .

If you want a shorter campaign just play Der Kessel mod. Only about 12 battles per round.

Aetius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:07 am Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Der Kampftruppen is the shorter mod, der kessel is longer.

I think i played vet vs vet settings.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:22 am Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Well done! The only GC I have ever finished was CC4 Vet BoB and I scraped a close victory in the last turn.

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Aetius wrote (View Post):
Der Kampftruppen is the shorter mod, der kessel is longer.

I think i played vet vs vet settings.

Der Kessel is a perfect size for me with just the battles around Pitomnik and Gumrak airports.
Adds up to about 11 battles per round.

I thought Der Kampftruppen is a bit bigger... with several more areas of battle beyond the airports and Kalach.

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:58 pm Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Maybe you mean the Der Kessel Campaign... I am speaking of the Historical Kessel Campaign from November 24. Sorry if I misunderstood.

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

Hi Aetius

Congratulations on a well deserved victory. Playing to the full extend of a campaign is rare, even in single player. My respect.

The combined casualties in your campaign are massive. Some bloody fightings there.

Few questions:

- what kind of Russian weapon caused most casualties on your side, and vice versa?

- were the casualties on your side, higher in the start of the campaign, or did your battle groups deplete more regularly over time?  

- have you ever considered to play a full h2h campaign? I'm looking for a dedicated opponent, wanting to play the Germans.

---
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9510

Aetius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 am Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

It seems ages ago since i've finished this GC.

Soviet tanks where the most deadly, especially when one of my teams was spotted and several tanks opened fire simultaniously.
My HMG's claimed most soviet infantry casualties and my infantry claimed most soviet tanks (AT guns don't last long in this GC).

My BG's tended to deplete more towards the end of the GC when the best teams where already gone and more "sacrifices" where needed.

I rarely played H2H, i'm one of those guys who plays a quick game once in a while when i find time for it and i feel like it (to finish this GC took a long time).
I haven't played CC in months now, i'll probably start playing again when one of the upcoming mods comes out.

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:42 pm Post subject: Re: Completed grand campaign Reply with quote

My guess was the Russian artillery would be the prime killer-weapon, however, I have only played a GC in SDK, not Die Kampgruppen. Going to try it out at some point. Coming from your campaign debrief, it seems to be an intense game.

Sad you don't play H2H GCs as the AI ones, still, impressive campaign debrief.

Thanks for sharing.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel -> Die Kampfgruppen

Jump to: