Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:00 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

dgfred wrote (View Post):
Try to reply

Questions:
1. So when I download the vetmod where do I download it too? Like to desktop/CC5/somewhere else?  Confused

where you want

2. How do you 'save' the original files? Where do you save them?

copy it (if you want) in a new folder

3. Where exactly are the folders that you overwrite the files on?

cc5.exe in main folder, presume C/program/ssi/close combat, genames.txt and the other adb files in data/base folder, gc germ  in data/campaign, gamegadg in graphics folder, unzip btd3 in maps folder

Greg

I hope this help you

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Thanks salhexe! Cool  I will give it another try this evening.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I chickened out thinking I might mess up my original files by not copying or overwriting something in the wrong place.  Embarassed

Sorry to bother you about this Salhexe. Maybe I will download the vetmod soon, I can always re-install everything later on. Thanks for your help anyway.

dgfred

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

OK, I got it downloaded. Thanks salhexe.  Cool

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:37 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Haha.

I was in Reitwen (sp) thinking I would stop the Russians at the crossroads as usual, and they would piddle around there the rest of the battle when I glanced south and saw a Russian Infantry unit RUNNING right by two of my Infantry teams in buildings on ambush straight for the VL on the hill  Shocked . Both teams ran to the back of the building and killed all but one of the Russians, but the battle ended and now they have a setup area available right next to the VL and behind the German lines. I was quite surprised. Thanks for the fun salhexe.

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I've also been looking at some of the BOB with 3.5 vetmod battles posted on youtube by closecombat5. It looks to me that, although the morale/all vls/time/no initiative/etc are correct in the settings... he has the Russians set to elite and the Germans set to recruit.
Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

salhexe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Yes, he used hero for Ai!! and recruit for him, used the inset map and the zoom view, so he had many tanks and facilities, but was destroyed however. Smile

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

A question.

If a Russian BG is scheduled to come into the game on a certain date, but the Germans still hold that battle map... does the BG still enter and if so where does it enter?

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:15 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Bg enter in that map as russian attack.

Here my best soldier in 3.5. No RK conquest

Actually testing 3.6, try to have best performance but cc5 is limited, would be optimal have translation in WAR

hoffner berl.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.58 KB
 Viewed:  12442 Time(s)

hoffner berl.jpg

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I have completed up to the last battle of Rd 2 at Seelow Heights (day one) with casualties as:

German  70 KIA/ 78 WIA    2 armor/0 vehicles/6 guns
Russian 155 KIA/ 112 WIA  23 armor/1 vehicle/0 guns

*Only map so far with severe difficulties in day one is the 9th FJ at Golzow, they are barely holding decent positions. I also have problems with the Reitwein map, as my PzIV and several guns got blasted without even getting off a shot.  Shocked

I really like the Berlin maps (thanks Sapa), and am enjoying your vetmod. Thanks for your effort.

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I have a sniper with 11 kills after 2 battles... and he is still alive  Cool .

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Seelow Heights it's the only map where you can resist but no more that 1 or 2 turns because could be cut out of your lines. Rectify  your line!

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Yes. I destroyed 5 armor units with no German losses there in the first round. I will probably withdraw the Muncheberg Division after this turn/battle and replace them with the infantry division waiting in Seelow. I moved a couple of PG/Inf BGs north and west to shore up the lines.

It is kind of depressing seeing Russian BGs with 20+ tanks/etc in them with the Germans only having two or three armor units even available in theirs. Going to get pretty dicey.

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

This is my situation at last day 21 (3.6), i try to preserve my tank and to make a Fortress around Berlin, every single amminition is precious, you will see different maps very boring (alt ranft, bahn est for example) ai sleep and and ye also Smile

Appunti01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.22 KB
 Viewed:  13230 Time(s)

Appunti01.jpg

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Please keep posting screenshots of your 3.6 game, I really enjoy them  Cool .

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Day 22 first turn, after first battle, I have not missed a vl defense and a Soviet division has infiltrated the fortress and now is already flat. I'm in trouble.

Appunti02_panorama_panorama.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  307.02 KB
 Viewed:  13095 Time(s)

Appunti02_panorama_panorama.jpg

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I'm getting worried that I installed something wrong.

I am half way thru the battles of the 4th day (19th) and I am still holding (though barely) the original maps the Russians attacked into. I have lost 6 tanks and the Russians over 60. The only unit in dire straights is the one in Reitwein... and that is not because of the Russians over running them but because of lack of troops in the battle group.
I have also adjusted and moved my battlegroups to have the SS units with Tigers and Panthers meeting the Russian Tank Groups entering on the 22nd. So far so good. Fortress is holding.

Is there any way to see from my game screen/main screen if I did install everything correctly for 3.5?

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

If you have many tank and Russian few troops certainly something not good, the setting for you is a hero for Russian recruits. Or you did not put the vetmod files in the right place.

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:38 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Yes. Settings elite for me, recruit for Russians.

Moral, etc are all set correctly per your picture in the vetmod file.

Can I look at the platoon leaders or other units to be able to tell if the vetmod was put in the right place? Or even the Russian units?

Do the Russian Battle Groups come in on the south flank of the map on the 22nd in the normal Berlin Mod?

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):
If you have many tank and Russian few troops certainly something not good, the setting for you is a hero for Russian recruits. Or you did not put the vetmod files in the right place.

I am not clear on your statement  Confused .

I don't have many tanks or units for the German side... and the Russians have massive amounts of troops. It is just after taking a couple of vls the Russians sort of 'piddle about', then some times I am able to take the just-taken vls with counterattacks the next turn.

*One note to my earlier tank loss remark... last night in the battle of Reitwein I lost 2 tanks (StugIII and PzIV 70) and the Kampfgruppe only has 1 left  Shocked . Shouldn't have even mentioned it  Rolling Eyes .

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Battle of Berlin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: