Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Himmelreich

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Just my 2 cents on the youtube whining about the police.

In the past people have been shot and killed, beaten with batons, sprayed with fire hoses, attacked by police dogs and more at demonstrations that happened not all that long ago in the grand scheme of things. It's pretty silly how these hippie protestors were crying about how some women got sprayed with OC spray after they were pushing into the barrier(Which clearly has "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" written on it) the police were holding up to keep them out of the street.

What do they honestly expect to happen when they do that? If they can get away with crowding against the barricade and forcing the police back then the people down the street  will think nothing of doing the same.

I see nothing wrong with the law enforcement using reasonable force to ensure their own personal security and to keep things from getting out of control. Just look at how quickly the people in the OC spray video cleared away after they were shown the consequences of crowding the officers. That's how you handle large groups of people who have a mob mentality and think they are anonymous and thus untouchable by the law.

There is no reason they should be allowed to crowd streets and be a general obstruction for the people with real jobs who have to drive to work on those same roads rather than collect their welfare checks and cry about how the rich get richer while the poor act as rambunctious  as possible and whine like these protestors are doing. It's comical how ignorant these "demonstrators" show themselves to be when they act like fools by stomping around and screaming in the middle of the street, resist against police officers, and then brag about how they are being charged with offenses. A criminal record is clearly something to be proud of and it's definitely a good start on establishing their own individual financial security.

Link

When the police are carrying automatic rifles, forcing them all face down in the street and then jumping on their backs then they can complain.

All the vast majority of these people are doing is running around aimlessly showing how they have no clear goals, nor cohesion as a group, and making good entertainment for the rest of us who realize that taking your clothes off and painting a cardboard sign won't make anyone less poor. It will just make you look like a douche bag hippie protestor who is about to get their first shower in a week via a can of OC spray.

Just my opinion.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Some protests/causes have actually had real intentions behind them in the past. Some have protested for??? because someone is goading them to and created an imaginary boogey man?

I am still at a loss with this one, particularly after these same people being protested against helped vault the current government into office.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:50 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

As Yakov Smirnoff might say... "In rest of world, you rob bank. In Capitalist America, BANK ROBS YOU!"

Himmelreich, you seem to be sadly misinformed about quite a few things, and repeating the usual right-wing line about these protesters being lazy, unwilling to find work, welfare moms, etc. It's getting a little old already.

I suggest you go to this site and educate yourself about the actual circumstances of the protesters.

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

You might even be surprised to learn that (gasp!) not all people who are out of work are unemployed because they're lazy.

FMJ

Rep: 29
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Himmelreich wrote (View Post):
There is no reason they should be allowed to crowd streets and be a general obstruction for the people with real jobs who have to drive to work on those same roads rather than collect their welfare checks and cry about how the rich get richer while the poor act as rambunctious  as possible and whine like these protestors are doing. All the vast majority of these people are doing is running around aimlessly showing how they have no clear goals, nor cohesion as a group, and making good entertainment for the rest of us who realize that taking your clothes off and painting a cardboard sign won't make anyone less poor. It will just make you look like a douche bag hippie protestor who is about to get their first shower in a week via a can of OC spray.

Just my opinion.

Spoken like a truly ignorant douchebag. Just my opinion.

Our country is broken and its about fcking time people collectively take to the streets to peacefully advocate change. You know 1st amendment rights?
In your world everything is working fine, and anyone that disagrees is a worthless whiner huh? Stay cluless and ignorant, it suits you well.

FMJ

Rep: 29
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Himmelreich wrote (View Post):
There is no reason they should be allowed to crowd streets and be a general obstruction for the people with real jobs who have to drive to work on those same roads rather than collect their welfare checks and cry about how the rich get richer while the poor act as rambunctious  as possible and whine like these protestors are doing.

It will just make you look like a douche bag hippie protestor who is about to get their first shower in a week via a can of OC spray.

American war veterans= unemployed hippy douchebags huh? I'll bet they've done far more service to this country than your fat ass.

"Video from the Occupy Oakland march on Tuesday, Oct. 25, looks and sounds like a war zone. The sound of gunfire is nearly constant in the video. Tear-gas projectiles were being fired into the crowd when the cry of “Medic!” rang out. Civilians raced toward a fallen protester lying on his back on the pavement, mere steps from a throng of black-clad police in full riot gear, pointing guns as the civilians attempted to administer first aid."
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/11/02-0

"Occupy Oakland Prepares for General Strike as War Veterans Organize Day of Action at Occupy Camps"
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/11/2/occupy_oakland_prepares_for_general_strike

Occupy Wall Street - Decorated U.S. Marine Sgt. Shamar Thomas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptcx027SApw

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:59 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

These things are still going, it's become a bigger movement then I thought it would. Maybe sadly so, since I think they draw the strenght from the continously worsening economic situation.

The recession alone is enough to demonstrate over, on top of that all the other economic injustice that seems to be getting worse every day.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

I think Obama is the best American President of my lifetime. I liked him early on when he ran for President and I have not been disapointed in anything he has done as President, I am quite proud of his accomplishments actually. I despise the Republicans, Fox News, Right Wing Radio, Grover Norquist, The Religious Right. They are the problem. I think the wealthy should be taxed big time. They have so much power it requires Americans to hit the streets to put a stop to them.

America like any country has problems that need fixing. We have a political system that is designed to do just that. I would like to see improvements in our system like everyone, improvements that helps all Americans.

One major improvement I am for, is to bring about more equality for Women. Biologically, Nature divides humans into Male & Female and the modern world has proven that Women are up to the task of Political Leadership at both local and national levels. A better form of American government would provide equal Political Power between Males & Females. A House of Representatives for Men and a House of Representatives for Women. Same thing with the Senate and Supreme Court. This type of democratic government would be a great example to the rest of the world and would be a great improvement over the current system.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB

Last edited by US_Brake on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

LoneRebel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:25 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Have any of you tried watching the documentary "Inside Job"? I read that it got a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The 3%, of course, were probably the good folks over at The American Spectator and the Heritage Foundation who just can never stop making excuses about the truth, even when it's staring them in the face.

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Link

Link

Marine Injured in Occupy Oakland Protests From Critical Condition...

Scott Olsen is a twenty-four year old Iraq war veteran and Wisconsin native who served in Iraq. The Marine Corps corporal joined the Occupy Oakland protest marchers who were attempting to "retake" Ogawa Plaza on October 25. He was in critical condition after his skull was fractured by a police projectile.

LoneRebel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:58 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

And for the latest police atrocity against the Occupiers.

Occupy Seattle Incident

Also, I suggest you all check the comments section of that article. After going through the comments, all I can say is: No offense to Americans, but what the hell is happening to the American people?

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:52 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

LoneRebel wrote (View Post):
And for the latest police atrocity against the Occupiers.

Occupy Seattle Incident

Also, I suggest you all check the comments section of that article. After going through the comments, all I can say is: No offense to Americans, but what the hell is happening to the American people?

Don't bother to pay attention to the chat boards....most of the comments are by nuts, lunatics, spammers, drunks or monkeys.

Now today there is evidence of a nationally coordinated Police-State crackdown on all the Cities with protestors.  There was a conference call by the mayors to coordinate a nationwide assault.  Potentially it was arranged by Dept of Homeland Security?  Minimally there was some type of National response coordinated the mayors.  

Not very macho for Police-State thugs to pepper-spray 84 year woman or pregnant lady.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

LoneRebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

[quote="dj";p="62039"]Don't bother to pay attention to the chat boards....most of the comments are by nuts, lunatics, spammers, drunks or monkeys.

I've noticed that hateful comments such as those now make up the majority on Yahoo! news article comments (as well as on YouTube videos on issues such as Occupy Wall Street).Talk about the noisy minority. It's almost as though there's a conspiracy of right-wing trolls to band together and spam comment boards with their hate.  Rolling Eyes

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Wow, I wonder how much time it would have take to police officers to take the Sgt. out if he had long hair and not in the army.
He's totally right I think. I think it's alright to bug the protesters with some kind of securithy elements, fire stuff and all. But starting to evinct the people in the middle of the night like at Sang Diego.

But it seemed to me that most police people don't seem how to react to these kind of protest and that's why we see such things. I mean in Montreal we got a riot-police unit, and when I was in peacefull protesting 5-6 years ago, I saw some police car run over a group of people when he got out, everyone had jump out of the way except one crazy guy stuck on the hood of the truck.

I find real good that the protestors so far are all using peacefull methods to protest.
We haven't heard of much stone throwing, breaking windows and stuff we see from anarco-communist movement we usually see in those kind of protest.

I think that's what scares the towns/establishment over North American and probly the world. The age of ghandi thechnique fight for human rights seems to ressurect after the last decade of Financial summit violence.

A day to day peacefull protest with police and other people hitting on them, there is nothing more effective to get people on your side.

Being Canadian, I really like to see this occupy Wall Street, here we have a quite more solid financial system with more regulation, and we didn't had to do all those public losing to save our national bank system. We did help the bank, but it was on another whole level.

I understand the republican to have a smaller goverment,and somehow tend to agree with some of those values. But it's is the job of the gov. to protect the citizen of the big corporations and other rich of exploiting the whole system like it's theirs and this not democrats neither republicans did. That's why their is regulation, wich doesn't mean that the gov. will grow over, just a few people watching if the stuff is going like it should. It seems like this concept of gov. has been lost over the last few decades in U.S. Whatever if you're more right or left, knowing that the job of gov. is to protect the solo citizen should be apolitic and non partisan.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

I said it earlier in this thread, the cops seem to be awful heavy-handed.

I have to say, although I don't live in the US, I symphatize with these protestors. There's a lot of unemployment here in Finland, difficult to find proper work. It all seems to be temp-jobs etc. these days. Then they tell you to start your own company even if you don't have much capital to start it with or any guarantee that there will be work. It's like the world has changed and nobody has to be hired anymore, no job security or anything.

Edit. With the risk of going OT, if I was able to find work abroad I'd be ready to leave this country immediately.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm Post subject: Refuse/Resist Reply with quote

Link

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

This year America had Armed Political Rallys in which people showed up with guns. (Tea Party). As a result you had no or minimal Police presence, No Batons, Riot Gear, No Pepper Spray, Nets, Barricades. Compare that to what has happened to the OWS Protest which people are Unarmed and Peaceful get the full force of the law surrounding them in full Riot mode. It makes me wonder what would happen if the OWS protestors showed up with rifles at the next event.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:36 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
I said it earlier in this thread, the cops seem to be awful heavy-handed.

I have to say, although I don't live in the US, I symphatize with these protestors. There's a lot of unemployment here in Finland, difficult to find proper work. It all seems to be temp-jobs etc. these days. Then they tell you to start your own company even if you don't have much capital to start it with or any guarantee that there will be work. It's like the world has changed and nobody has to be hired anymore, no job security or anything.

Same here in Poland. Everything is turning to shit.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:53 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):

This year America had Armed Political Rallys in which people showed up with guns. (Tea Party).

LOL who told you that?? That is funny. What is your source for that utter nonsense?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:53 am Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

One example

http://newmexicoindependent.com/43847/video-alamogordo-tea-party-protesters-pack-heat

Another

http://policygrinder.com/jimmagruder/us-news/why-does-media-cast-occupy-as-violent-when-tea-partiers-showed-up-with-guns/

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: Wall Street under occupation Reply with quote

Or how about the nuts in AZ bringing guns & Assault Rifles to protest Obama (protest what?).  They were cheered on by Fox News as heros.  Then OWS gets portrayed as radicals.  None of them are armed or trying to intimidate the opposition with taunts or threats of violence showing up with machine guns.  Give me a break.  

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-17/politics/obama.protest.rifle_1_protesters-weapons-assault-rifle?_s=PM:POLITICS

Regardless, the OWS movement was suppose to be something to unite the people not divide as usual.  Both parties are corrupted by the same Big $ lobbyists due to the demands or raising millions of $ for campaigning.

Meanwhile the US and EU has seen many millions of jobs, especially in manufacturing, get permanently replaced in China, India or emerging markets using sweatshop slave labor.  No environmental regulations. No labor laws to protect workers.  While U.S. Corporate profits are at the highest levels in 50 years and the wealthiest 1% has seen 200% increase in earnings past 30 years.  I guess it's all about making the shareholders happy with higher profits even it means destroying the middle class in the process.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: