Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 pm Post subject: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Erik Rutins today announced :

Quote:
There will be some exciting news regarding CC in the future, probably early next year.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm hoping a move from NW Europe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:06 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Yawn!

Don't bother saying anything until you have an article to read about the game and screen shots to view.
Also leave your outdated 2D graphics at home.
And don;t release anything until "YOU" have Beta tested it.Not the consumer.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:43 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Don't shoot the messenger... what do you mean YOU?????

get with the program it's been nearly 3 years since I could have been included in a YOU descriptive.

I had a team of beta testers which Matrix disbanded.

Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

just my observations on the performance since WaR was released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

I wish i could say i am happy... Crying or Very sad

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

That makes No sense...
And hum, what about a russian Front, why not play a Port of a East mod on LSA or something?

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Cool. Get er done Erik.   Very Happy

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

get with the program it's been nearly 3 years since I could have been included in a YOU descriptive.

Obviously I don't follow everything.
I just figured you were still on the Matrix payroll.

I'll keep my hope high,but my expectations aren't.
Not trying to be the so called "Debbie Downer" but their track record does speak for itself.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Quote:
Obviously I don't follow everything.

then don't make rude and assinine comments.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Shame you can't say the same about yourself.

Prick!

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:25 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Finally some news of new stuf on the CC front  Very Happy
And the thread as been derailed already.. nothing new on the CC front  Sad

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

A friendly advice mate, Got to be careful being so honest, you may be ladled a “piss ant” and a “hater” and "idiot" by the developer team. Be careful, Flamethrougher, Southernland, Tejszd and Schrecken hover over the forum and mercilessly clamp down on any form of critique of there splendid products.  Cool

Wish you well mate,

/S  

Hauppf, I hope this new product will be good, but whats the odds, anyone?  Rolling Eyes

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:14 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Matrix Thread

We're past any chance for exciting news.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

I'm so excited -- NOT  Laughing

It's like Schrecken said, not beta at all, just consumer (code word PUBLIC) testing. It is going on all over the place now days.

Maybe its Meuse Crossing, or another GJS  Shocked

Whatever it is, it just missed the Christmas deadline, that's all. We have seen that before.  Laughing

This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing

Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:07 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
I'm so excited -- NOT  Laughing

This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing

Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

Weird

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:13 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

Weird

Back to the topic.....

I will look forward to the Matrix announcement, and hopefully they will do a better job than in the past at getting something playable out first time around.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Interested to hear/see what it is. It isn't Meuse mod.

Even if it is just a "new mod" I would be okay with that as the number of mods/people doing anything for CC has really dropped off. I also know the effort a mod takes and sometimes think it would be easier to just pay someone something to get it....

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:09 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Paying for a MOD is a business model that could work. We could also do it ourselves but it needs a good mod leader to dish out the tasks to a relatively large group of people. I am a failed modder because I am a perfectionist, I have always worked by myself, but then run out of time and energy halfway to 3/4 of the way through the project or had some disaster like a computer crash or theft without adequately backing up.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:10 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
I will forward to Matrix, and they will do something playable first time around.

Weird

Ok, back on topic.

Unless, the new release, if that is what it is, uses the exact same code line from LSA, or maybe even WAR or TLD, then there will most certainly be PUBLIC testing, which leads ordinary people, like Schrecken, or platoon_micheal, or myself, to believe that would take a long time, based on pervious experiences, when other games were "released".  Arrow

Vague inuendos about a product release, and cheeleading for un-released releases, that have not been formally described as a release, ...

Is SPAZ LIKE behavior, IMHO.  Wink

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Interested to hear/see what it is. It isn't Meuse mod.

Even if it is just a "new mod" I would be okay with that as the number of mods/people doing anything for CC has really dropped off. I also know the effort a mod takes and sometimes think it would be easier to just pay someone something to get it....

And that would be too bad, because even though it is France again, its the early period, which could portray the tactical problems/fun, of the historical blitzkreig.

Of course, the air power role would be underutilized, but it would be fun nevertheless.

For some reason, I guess I got the mistaken imperssion, that you an southernland had teamed-up and were producing maps, and moving the mod forward.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:13 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
For some reason, I guess I got the mistaken imperssion, that you an southernland had teamed-up and were producing maps, and moving the mod forward.

you mean like this?

bouillon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  314.59 KB
 Viewed:  19410 Time(s)

bouillon.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: