Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:53 pm Post subject: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing. Reply with quote

WaR for LSA, with all the features of LSA and the improvements of small soldiers, upgraded sounds, upgraded datas, etc...
Probably not so historically precise as other WaR mods you can find for CC5 (I've imported only few vehicles from bulge, and most of all american vehicles... other nationality vehicles are quite the same of LSA), but very very fun with the LSA features.
Battle groups are of the same size and similar composition of the original WaR, with some realistic adjustment.
I'm just playing it for testing, we are at day 3; as soon as I'll know it's ok, i'll put it to the site, think maybe in one or two weeks (It's all connected to how much work will I have to do in the real life; I'm an artisan, if no one calls me, I can use my time for CC; hope I'll be without work and money).
Until now it works perfectly, no bugs.
See you soon.

lemonman

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Sounds great ! Looking forward!

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

cool

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Yes, looking forward to it....

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:59 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Many thanks!

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:59 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

This is good news.
Thank-You very much,I look forward to downloading it.

Might even spark my interest to importing TT's VetBoB someday.

zcharles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Still testing, now at day 5; I fixed 6 data-bugs, so it's good I'm testing it before releasing.
One for example is the vehicle sturdiness, that is different from CCWaR to CCLSA, so exporting vehicles from War to LSA makes shermans easy to penetrate (same armour), but very difficoult to destroy (it would never explode, just be damaged). Bugs like this are found only playing a full champaign, so be patient some more days...

I can say you that is really funny, germans play often with less than 3 platoons while americans quite always with 3 platoons; note that I've kept the dimension of the divisions as in original game, but now with the LSA features (number of unit deployed depends from the total force pool number) it's evident how depleted where germans divisions in late 1944... still germans can push forward with their tanks, but the game is very different from the original WaR, more realistic and funny.

Coming soon...

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

I gotta admit I'm excited to see if you applied the ability to blow bridges to the Trois Ponts map?
And any other maps?

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Are you preparing  the mod for to play solo or just  h2h?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:55 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

have you made use of the static BO units?

zcharles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:39 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Er:
1: no bridges... sorry, I've made the mod quite quickly.
To blow a bridge means to do a lot of work on the map. You are welcome if you will help to do it when the mod will be ready!
Sorry but my time for CC is very limited... there are a lot of things that could be improved in this mod.
Anyway today i'll spend some time in studying bridges (if I find time somewhere) but I don't assure you anything.
2: the mod is suited for H2H... still you can play solo adjusting the difficulty, that changes the amount of support and troops for both sides.
3: no static BO units, since there weren't; allies had more mobility than germans even if defending, more fuel, more trucks; so no statics. I've created 5 new units for allies (british) ad 5 for germans (small armoured brigades for infantry divisions like 3FJ, 5FJ, 62VG, 26VG).

svr

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Any news on this?

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

any chance we get bridges?

thanks in advance !

zcharles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:35 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

No bridges!
The mod is pretty ready, i could put it on the net this week.
Many errors corrected in thosa days!

Main bug I cannot correct:
Sometime, at the beginning of a new day, the game crash and it's impossible to continue with a campaign.
Solution:
The ONLY solution is to make a savegame for every turn, I mean each time you move you BGs on the strategic screen. Never overwrite them.

I only need to create the operations and battles and the work is done.

svr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

What weapons data are you using? I hope not the LSA's overpowerered mortars that obliterate everything they fire at, taking guns out with 1 shot, sometimes 2. The LSA mortars ruined our H2H LSA campaign.

zcharles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Using my LSA weapon data file; mortars still pretty powerful, with just some more time of fire.
You know, they're 81mm weapons, pretty powerful weapons!
During battle of the bulge it was the main american defence against germans, and it's pretty so in this mod, where bazookas and 57mm AT guns are incapable of stopping panthers, mortars can stop infantry; it's exactly what it happend in jan 1945.
I'm playing this mod for a while and I must admit that they're good weapons, but not so overpowered! Many times I (using allies) choose to use an AT gun or a M-10 tank hunter, you know, you can put 81mm mortars only in the 3rd platoon and choises are never enough!!
My opponent the german often uses mortar halftracks or two mortars, but they're few effective against infantry waiting into houses or EVEN BETTER into foxholes and trenches.
Until now, 90% of my guns hans been destroyed by german tanks, 8% by heavy-light artillery, only 2% by enemy mortars.

Don't worry about it, you'll need them!

Tomorrow comes the mod!!

svr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

I agree with you, mortars should be powerful but the LSA mortars are RIDICULOUS. Instant fire and landing, super accurate, extremely powerful. Game ruining experience. I think LSA was quite fun otherwise. Maybe we'll visit it again. Perhaps with your LSA H2H mod, actually I tried a bit, the final 1.2 version. The mortars were very inaccurate, not as powerful, seemed quite okay after one game test. However I started the H2H GC but couldn't select other dates or times, did I do something wrong or is the GC broken?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

Is it even possible to edit the Blown Bridges aspect of LSA?

zcharles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod "Wach Am Rehin" ready, now testing Reply with quote

svr wrote (View Post):
However I started the H2H GC but couldn't select other dates or times, did I do something wrong or is the GC broken?

Very strange, I've played the GC from beginning to end. Could you explain better the problem? What do you mean for "select data or times"?
About bridges... sorry, no bridges! I cannot improve the bridge graphics, and the graphics when the bridge blows up!

Anyway... here is the mod.
Admins allowed to upload on this site.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/6UbflyMY/WaR.html

TO INSTALL THE MOD SIMPLY COPY IT INTO YOU CCLSA DIRECTORY, THAN MAKE A SHORTCUT TO THE CCE.EXE FILE AND ADD "\D WAR" TO THE LINK PATH.
READ THE README.TXT BEFORE STARTING A CHAMPAIGN!
ENJOY!!!
HAVE FUN!!!
LIFE IS SHORT, PLAY!!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: