Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:56 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
MF_Church wrote (View Post):
Boy!~ Could i hear 'that penny, Drop!' Dead Drop.  Wink  Down a really long -  well !  
What i mean to say is - Stwa 2 previous posts did make me think ~ long & deep.

No wonder i love coming in here to the FORUM to read each post!

Thanks Again to all !

p.s. did i say penny??!!  ;D !

You know, Church, your sarcasm rarely works, because it's so ... uniformed.

So, when I saw this, I went over to Matrix and took a snap pic.

Its 8K+ logged in and no doubt some of them are purchasing digital downloads. Last year at this time I saw occasions where there were over 20K logged on at a time.

Oh, and a funny thing, look at the list of members for a real surprise.  Laughing

And, Oh again, look at the birthday list  Arrow What are the chances of that.  Laughing

Come on Church, why do YOU always insist on revealing what a pathetic noob you are  Question

happy Birthday Sbufkle!LOL

heia Safari!!

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

ouch! & double ouch.

No.  I'm not that brave to actually put in discouraging word(s) via a Post.

I really was impressed with your posts.

But this MEDIUM (the written word) can easily be misunderstood online.

No problem.  

:)

It easily done.  

Later!  

Merry Christmas! Everyone!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:12 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

The safest bet is that it is Americans vs. Japs (why?simply because it's never been done) and that it has all the LSA features and all the CCMT features.
I.E...
Digging In
Troop Transport
Helicopters
5vs.5 H2H

Personally I don't see any type of Pacific Theater being a good choice,there's just not enough balance between the two sides to consider it to be enjoyable past the first game/battle.
Plus people love Tanks and Vehicles way to much to consider a Pacific Theater to be any type of success.And the Japs had crap for Tanks and vehicles.
Even Naval warfare in any way shape or form cant compete with what a Tank vs. Tank battle gives a player.

Hopefully it's still a European conflict that covers the entire War.
From Poland to Russia and up to a two stage front against the Allies.
Probably using Maps from all the Mods done and a few created/many re-edited by the one map maker they have on the payroll who by now has been worked into the ground.

You just can't replace the massive effect of Allies vs. the Germans.
You just cant.
Regardless of how bad the Japs were to people/prisoners it doesn't compare to the thrill of fighting the Germans.
Never has,Never will.

The Germans to war games are what the Indians were to the Cowboys or Calvary
It would be like trying to sell a game based on the Alamo rather than a Cowboy/Calvary vs. Indians.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

I think that the new CC will Tet Offensive Wink ...or Korea;)

I still remember that unfinished  mod for CC5  called.................Tet Offensive 1968.Turning Point  In Vietnam Wink  Wink

heia Safari!!

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:41 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Don't shoot the messenger... what do you mean YOU?????

get with the program it's been nearly 3 years since I could have been included in a YOU descriptive.

I had a team of beta testers which Matrix disbanded.

Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

just my observations on the performance since WaR was released.

You got kicked out too? I thought you were the boss of the whole project?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Only while it was working properly   :)

Please note CCMT and WaR where playable releases with comprehensive updates researched, planned and being worked on for early 2009 release, CCMT weapons data was 25% re-done WaR had map recodes done and others scheduled along with niggly bug fixes in place, alas this was not to be.

Also CoI MMCC3 was supported and running at that time... now it is not supported despite continuing to be advertised.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:43 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

So, CCMT was released 2 years before time Shocked ? Jesus fucking Christ.

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

G'day CCers

Still think,........IF,.... there is ever a CC6, it should probably be Korea, especially as it is extremely suitable for CC4/CC5 type strat maps (that could cover the whole country).

The Korean war was called the See-Saw War as the battlefront reached both ends of the Korean Peninsula, North and South.

Both sides, at one time, occupied more than 90% of Korea.

@ Therion

Your sig is annoying, as it makes no sense

The correct quote is:

"Bombing for peace, is like fucking for virginity"

That, at least, makes sense

cheers

AGS

______

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

AT_Stalky

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Hi there

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
@ Therion Your sig is annoying, as it makes no sense

Oh, the sig actually makes sence... Both actions may be defined as: "pleasures”  Shocked

Btw, Didn´t you just got married?  Wink

/S

PS; Guys, read Stwa's post at page 3, Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm... Notice what Eric said, clews seem to point to a re-re-release of CCMT rather than a release of CC6...?? Doesn’t it.. ?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

MF_Church wrote (View Post):

p.s. did i say penny??!!  ;D !

i got it!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
PS; Guys, read Stwa's post at page 3, Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm... Notice what Eric said, clews seem to point to a re-re-release of CCMT rather than a release of CC6...?? Doesn’t it.. ?

The Matrix CC business model is to re-release the older versions and sell them.  I dont think they have hired a new team of programmers and developers to create a new game, in fact they seem to have let people go, like Schrek. CCMT is the only re-release left unless they do Road to Baghdad!  Embarassed

AT_Stalky

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):

The Matrix CC business model is to re-release the older versions and sell them.  I dont think they have hired a new team of programmers and developers to create a new game, in fact they seem to have let people go, like Schrek. CCMT is the only re-release left unless they do Road to Baghdad!  Embarassed

Yes you’re right.
Though I must confess that I have always believed they (Matrix et al) would make a CC6. What CC6 would be, is another question all together. I was expecting CC6 to be a merge of CCMT with its multiplayer 5vs5, APC’s etc, and a strategy layer close to the remakes (WaR, TLD or most likely LSA). I expect nothing less than they expand the tactical game allowing for more than 15 teams per side, perhaps 20 up to 30 teams… I was not expecting new flashy 3D and any major development on the game as such. All mentioned a bow, is in the range of the present teams abilities, ( I believe).

Realist as I am trying hard to be, I have serious quality doubts about any product leaving the present CC-dev team. So I don’t really understand what im excited about or hoping for. But it seems I have some form of addiction for CC and I really want to hope that a future product would be in line with the quality standards I have and the game improvements im hoping for..  

If they make CC6, and the quality will be as the products we have seen to date… Then they may as well forget it, IMHO.

But i now belive that CCMT is the next re-re-re-release in line.. And who knows, perhaps RTB is the second next in line for a re-release, uhhhg...  and there after a re-re-re-release of COI..  Rolling Eyes and a CC6 as outlined abow is just a mirage...

/S

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

The horror thinking of a RTB or CCMT re-release is unbearable.

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Have you all tried Armored Brigade?

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
@ Therion

Your sig is annoying, as it makes no sense

The correct quote is:

"Bombing for peace, is like fucking for virginity"

That, at least, makes sense

cheers

AGS

Well, it made sense during WWII.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:20 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Not buying it.  Unless Slitherine does the project with a  real  budget and spends more than a nickel on development.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:30 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

How about a CC1 re-release, now improved with 640 * 480 pixel graphics!  Rolling Eyes

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:26 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Maybe it is CCMT, or maybe it is one of the mods being discussed in this thread. Who knows at this point.

Notice, no explanation about the Meuse map coding. Are they going for nickels instead of a penny. Perfect clarity. WHAT  Question

If it is CCMT, then it will be more or less as outlined by Stalky.

But as a community, do we really have what it takes to put up whole game free mods, any more.  Question

There is always Remi, and I suppose Meuse (southern_land), or maybe DAK_Legion (who lately cant seem to get past the main screen).

So long as Matrix continues to put out a game a year, then the Purgatory will continue. You can't really mod for anything, because another version of CC is coming before you can finish your mod.

Or the modders will become the new developers, with Matrix producing their games. Kinda like when CSO (the pirates) took over development, which I suppose was ended when Schrecks team got the axe. This crew was so de-void of ethics, they were willing to steal from each other. It was an incredible era for CC.

So someone, please ask them to stop  Idea

Unless, there is something I am not seeing (entirely possible), the bottleneck to all sustaned full game mods are the maps. And you can count the mappers on one hand. So follow the mappers, right.  Question

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:19 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

I agree with your earlier statements.

THE GERMANS must be involved, even if they are transported to the Pacific Theater, they would be better than the Japs. (they have better tanks).  Idea

I actually did this myself, a few years ago, where I had the Germans and Americans fighting it out on Okinawa maps. It was weird, but more fun than fighting the Japs.  Exclamation

bernd_nowak

Rep: 11.5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

No idea what they will release and it's a shame that they don't give some early screenshots or infos. But looking around the CC series is still a special niche/idea which is not cloned by any other game/simulation. Don't get me wrong. CC series is a game for me but more based on a truth like maybe Men Of War, Company of Heroes etc. IMO
So it would be a shame to not develop any further.

While I would prefer a D3D based engine with a fixed iso view I see that creating 3D maps would be to much work to make them really shining. It would be great to have the campaign system still in place and have a strategic map with a better AI as well as for the single maps a better AI while my biggest concern is the strategic AI. So a remake/new one which has all features from the other releases working as well as a better strategic AI would suit me well Smile And some integrated tools to create strategic map ... to make it easier to add custom content as well as some basic import tools for older Mods.

But a little more info would be great Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: