Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 pm Post subject: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

This mod is called H2H, infact has been created to play Head-to-Head in LAN.
Already tested, is much mode difficoult to play by the allies.
Many changes, from soldier size to sound, SS squad composition and so on.
This mod grants a lot of more fun play allowing the germans to move their BG's and fight a battle, not just wait for destruction. Number of german vehicles doubled, tons of german man added.
Hope you enjoy it, it could be not 100% historical, but it's fun, and allows to make some historical facts to happen, like the german attack against the 101 that closed the Hell's Highway for 1 day and half.
CCS site administrators allowed to upload the mod on this site, if they want to.
Greetings!

H2H.rar

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

nice, will try it out soon  Very Happy

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:57 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

check out the modswap installer version

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LSA/mods/LSA-H2H.exe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

zcharles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

ATTENTION!!!
The mod H2H has been made and tested before the last patch.
Since the last patch allows to use much more points than normal, germans armours are much stronger (before the patch a PZKW 5 was impossible to replace, now you can always play at full points).
To correct this problem i've quickly corrected the FPools file.
The new forces are the same as in the original game with the following exceptions:
-Tanks against the 82 to allow the germans to do something in the centre.
-More forces in the south against the 101 to allow to launch an assault against the H-H.
-Late germans divisione in the north stronger to have the chance to stop the XXX corp.

Enjoy and... sorry!

H2Hcorrection1.rar

zcharles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Stil testing the mod with the last patch with its great strategic differences ion terms of points; soon the last mod upgrade.In about a week.

Bordic

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Sorry for the question if already made, but is this mod also suitable for SP games on the Allied side?

Et agere et pati fortiter romanus est

Last edited by Bordic on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

zcharles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:45 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Of course, but as you know single player is quite useless in close combat... maybe you should find an opponent!
But of course it is.

I've some question for the experts, since i cannot find easly informations:

1: how many rounds has a 2 inch british mortar? in the game has 10 HE and about 8 smoke... useless. Is it corect? Furthermore i'll make it able to shot inaccurate, but direct fire.
2: how many gammon bombs per squad? really only 1 as in close combat is?
3: the 2 inch mortar for the bren para section had really only 8 smokes and no he?
4: how many clips for the lee enfild? really only 5 per man (total 50 useless shots)?

It seems to me that british forces where really weak and unable to stand the war was oing on... is it possible they do not upgrade a minimum their squad equipment, also simply increasing the ammo per man?

Thanks a lot for technical answers, need them for the final adjustments of the mod!

ronson

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Hi mate,
In answer to your questions:-

1) Suggeted load for 2" mortar, as platoon weapon, was 12 HE and 18 smoke, Illumination rounds and flares were also produced for this weapon, the rounds were generally carried shared out among the platoon, with each man carrying one bomb. As it was fired by lanyard it could be used horizontally against bunkers or houses. It was mostly used in its conventional form for providing screens for final assaults.

2)The issue of Gammons was somewhat variable, as with most types of grenade these were only issued directly before combat operations and armed as the last thing before battle, so theres no hard and fast rule on these. Do remember however that the para Battalions carried extra PIATs during operations as kit could be lost or damaged when dropping.

3)The 2" mortar carried by the bren group of a para section was lighter having no base and was generally only equipped with 6 smoke rounds. It wasn't the most accurate of weapons because of this lack of base.

4) Standard load of each man by '44 had been increased to 100 rounds, with 5 pouch bandoliers also being issued before battle, these contained 10 rounds per pouch. Some of this extra load was earmarked for the section Bren gun however.
Generally shortage of ammunition was not a problem as resupply was pretty good, This was part of the duties of the Battalion carrier platoon, who used there vehicles to support the fighting efforts, rather than behaving like minature tanks as some would have us believe.

As for equipment, each para battalion had a reserve of 300 Stens which could be issued in place of the rifle within the rifle platoons should the situation demand it. Also see note below.

Please note:- A) The references to Para Battalion apply only to those. Air Landing units had far more in common with regular infantry than with their parachute bourn brethren.

B) By this stage of the war in Europe, orgainistation and equipment within the British forces did not always follow War Office instructions, several infantry battalions are known to have experimented with fire groups of 2 or 3 brens and an assault group of riflemen in each platoon instead of the usual 3 section organisaton. Other variations occured in the armoured forces, notably the stripped down Stuart used for recce work and the variation of the tank troop into 4 vehicles instead of the layed down 3. Commanders at all levels were far more flexible by this stage of the conflict.

Hope this is of some help to you
Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

zcharles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:36 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Well this is a damned perfect answer, man.
I'll put it to the mod making the following changes:
Lee enf: now 100 shots
2 inch mortar (except para): now 12 HE, 18 SM, direct fire min range decreased to 4m
Gammon bomb: +1 per squad
The number of stens per squad unchanged since there is already a more stan for the corporals in the para squad in CCLSA.

Thanks!

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:00 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

I personally feel that 2 inch mortar should remain indirect, I think also that the allocation of he and smoke should not be at the maximum but lower as most of the rounds were spread over the whole platoon and therefore unlikely to be physically on the mortar man during an engagement. By making it direct fire you will, on the whole, disadvantage its use in LSA as most of the time it will be required in a non-urban setting where there are more opportunities to use it indirect than direct.

At the same time I would get rid of the independent 2 in mortar team and place it in the infantry and airlanding battalion platoon commanders squad by adding two extra men. This is realistic as it is a platoon weapon.

If you really want a direct fire capability then i would make a new weapon '2 in direct', with no weight, give it a couple of HE rounds, and make it the secondary weapon of the mortar man. 4 m minimum range is unlikely to work well as the firer will be in the blast radius, I imagine that the mortar round wont have armed either by 4 m, but i don't know that, perhaps 15m minimum?

Regarding gammon bombs I think the British airborne forces would on the whole grab as many as the were able to. It may be worth having a mix of rifle group types with varying levels of gammon bombs, also consider having some rifle teams armed with a piat.

Good idea to increase the amount of ammo carried to 100.

zcharles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:45 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

About the 2 inch: i'll let it as it is, just reduce the minimum range; in effetc it can fire direct-indirect but before it was min 40m and was impossible to use it as a grenade launcher as suggested before... maybe 4 is incorrect, 10 will be better as you say.
Add it to squads: you suggest only in airldg platoon leaders? not paratroopers since they had only SM, right?
Ok for the number of rounds, i'll let it as it is.
About the number of gammon in squads i'm afraid i'll let the number standardized (now 2 per squad) since creating new squads means to change hard the force pool file. Instead the assault-engeneer teams will have 3 demo charges and a lot of gammons.
About the PIAT, if i'm not wrong many were damaged during landing... isn't it? In effect it is much more resistant than bazooka-Pzck...

zcharles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:22 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

DONE!

final version of the H2H CCLSA mod.
Balanced and tested after the new features of the last patch.
More realistic, more fun, more banalnced!
H2H 1.2.rar

Download and eljoy!

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:23 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Thanks!  Very Happy

Just a question, how have you solved the issue with the Allied full supply? with the 10 days delay I see in the campaign.txt?  Confused

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:25 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

thx downloading now... Smile

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

zcharles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Bordic wrote (View Post):
Thanks!  Very Happy

Just a question, how have you solved the issue with the Allied full supply? with the 10 days delay I see in the campaign.txt?  Confused

Uh, no... Could you explain it better, please?

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

zcharles wrote (View Post):
Bordic wrote (View Post):
Thanks!  Very Happy

Uh, no... Could you explain it better, please?

Here is vanilla LSA campaign.txt

Code:
#########################################################################
# Misc. options / features
# Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)
# Locked BGs (0 = unlocked, 1 = locked) Locked = player can not choose teams
# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)
# Number of days after arrival that Allied AB BGs are automatically in supply
# Number of days after arrival that Axis AB BGs are automatically in supply

and here is yours:
Code:
# Misc. options / features
# Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)
# Locked BGs (0 = unlocked, 1 = locked) Locked = player can not choose teams
# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)
# Number of days after arrival that Axis AB BGs are automatically in supply

That is:

instead of

In another thread I have seen this as a way to try to fix the supply bug... if I have correctly understood...

zcharles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

Oh yes, of course!
Since the campaign is 10 days, only at day 10 allies will have full supply. It means never.

Enjoy!

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

shrecken.......is your mod swap ver the same as zcharles's ver 1.2 rar?? if not could you update it to modswap for us?  Smile

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:44 am Post subject: Re: New LSA Mod ready to download Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
check out the modswap installer version

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LSA/mods/LSA-H2H.exe  

het shreken i have downloaded it but how do i open the file? my computer does not recognize it? do i need a a program?

thanks

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: