Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

The Germans still seem to be quite strong in TRSM 82.

Is the force strength the same when playing grand campaign in h2h?

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:35 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

The strenth bar means little.
TRSM is not meant to be played vs AI, though it does work.. I suppose a vet mod will be a better experiance vs the AI.

We run the GC from both sides and I fined the GC to be rather balanced in H2H. Both Dima and I are agreeing that we are winning…  

Here is an example of TRSM campaign, 2 experianced CC-clans fighting it out. After 7 days (15 rounds) of war the result is as follows:

Allied won, (they was not allowed to reinforce).
Very good AAR, highly recomended reading: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

AJ and RS TRSM GC, after 12 rounds, (both v experienced players):

Read it here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7410&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

IMO; the best GC is the one played between equal experienced players.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Very inspiring AARs. Thanks!

I installed GR after having glanced through them, and played my first h2h in a year, with a helpful, skilled and patient player named Moe.

Thanks again Stalky.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:33 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Hello CC CO, Hm thinking some more, if any is stronger then its the allied. One feels the material quantitative superiority..

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 pm Post subject: TRSM 982 H2H Question - best 15 min map? Reply with quote

True, the allies has plenty of it, however, the Germans still have some cool stuff.
---

When playing a single 15 min battle, with no realism settings and no specific rules, what are then the best maps in TRSM 982?

Today I sadly picked Bretteville for a single 15 min battle with a player I haven't faced before, and he wanted the Germans, however it soon came clear that Bretteville is not a 15 minute Win. And he only had 15 minutes.

Which maps are best maps for such battle types?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:22 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 H2H Question - best 15 min map? Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
True, the allies has plenty of it, however, the Germans still have some cool stuff.

Yeh, but the UK "funnies" (AVRE, Croc) arent that bad either.

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
When playing a single 15 min battle, with no realism settings and no specific rules, what are then the best maps in TRSM 982?

Today I sadly picked Bretteville for a single 15 min battle with a player I haven't faced before, and he wanted the Germans, however it soon came clear that Bretteville is not a 15 minute Win. And he only had 15 minutes.

Which maps are best maps for such battle types?

Hi again.

I would not recommend a single battle at all.
Here is what I prefer if to play a single map: Make a little OP in the scenario maker like the file I attached. U see how it’s made when u load it up. Unpack the zip in folder: Games/Battles/
Both sides have a large depot at the map behind, and then you can slug it out on a single map in many continual battles. IMO the best games are when its sequential fighting. Look at it, who knows, maybe like it.

The best maps IMO is (played continues as described abow) :
Periers Ridge, nice city centre and possible to making pincer movement
Benoville, 2 village centres and hedges with open arias… mmmm : )
Ranville, 2 village centres and hedges with open arias…
Colombelles, mixed fealings about that map..
Buron, a village in centre with open arias around it, this is a really good map, that’s the map I chosen for the attached file.  
Bayeux, City map, good close combat..
Rauray, large open map with hedges, makes for movement..  
Lingevres, city centre and village or two.. open arias and hedges..  
Bretteville. Large map, large open arias with 4 urban centres. Time consuming and possible many many battles before settled.

Those are my favourites.

I hope Dima droppers in and give some thoughts.

/S

Buron one map Op.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Buron one map Op.zip
 Filesize:  280 Bytes
 Downloaded:  522 Time(s)

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions and descriptions.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 pm Post subject: The Achilles in 131/7 on elite settings fire as a mortar Reply with quote

The Achilles in 131/7 on elite settings fire as a mortar

Hi, in the h2h operation I'm playing - exploiting the gap - on elite settings, my opponent play the allied side, and he tells me his Achilles in the 131/7 only seems to be able to fire as a mortar? However, it only appears in h2h-play, not when he play against the ai.

When playing allies, I haven't seen this problem my self, so hope someone can clarify if this is a known bug, and if yes, how to solve it? Otherwise we will have to make some house rules I guess, where I as German cannot use my tanks against this allied BG.

Image from the operation

131/7 located in Villers-Bocage possible client bug with the Achilles?

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:25 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

My opponent screened this Image of the Achilles bug, where it fires as a mortar.

The strange things is that it only happens when he is client in a game.

When he is the host, the problem disappear?

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this?

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Will playing the GC of the awesome submod of TRSM 982, on line vs. line settings, have any impact on the forcepools, in regard to assets and reinforcements?

edit:

I need to read that change list more carefully. Found the answer here:

TRSM v0981 (11.12.09) by AT_Dima&Stalky

All the difficulties have same FPs now.

My bad.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:40 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 - the intro melody Reply with quote

Is it possible to remove the intro melody?

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

I believe you can turn off music/videos in the options on the main menu.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Yes that was my guess too, however it doesn't turn it off. Only way so far, is to click off the sound and then on again.

Not sure, but perhaps the melody is embedded in the sound-file?

Anyhow, minor problem; getting used to click on and off already.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Yes, that's in sound.sfx file.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Hi Dima

I have a few more questions, hope that's okay.

1. Will the Para BGs receive tanks - like Sherman's - if they reinforce after a certain date?

2. Above 200 meter, is it possible for a 57mm antitank gun to knock out a Tiger with a frontal shot?

3. How come the German side can see the allied BG in Ouistreham, in both the AM and PM parts of the strategic movement phase?

4. Is there an overview of the weather for the entire campaign?

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Hi CC_CO,

1. Yes, 5th Para will get couple of Shermans and Daimlers after reinforcement since June 7th. 6th AL will get Cromwells instead of Tetrarchs if reinforced after June 26th Smile.

2. Yes, with SP (APDS) shells.

3. I don't know but I believe the Germans can see random Allied BGs each day.

4. You can check that in the editor.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

OK, Thanks Dima.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Dima, another question;

It seems my mortars have been able to kill a crew-member and wound another in a Sherman Crab. No LOS on the Sherman, but plenty of shells was fired upon it.

Is this a CCV thing or did you implement sort of a hatch-feature in trsm? We disagree a bit here, me and Ronson, whether if it is a bug that mortars can kill crew-members or if this is meant to be so?

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:34 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

Quote:
Is this a CCV thing or did you implement sort of a hatch-feature in trsm? We disagree a bit here, me and Ronson, whether if it is a bug that mortars can kill crew-members or if this is meant to be so?

no, AFAIK one can do it in any CC version - the more one hits an AVF the more the chance for critical - like that Panther KO by 75mm Sherman in one of your battles.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 0982 Reply with quote

OK, Thank you Dima.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Total Realism Sub Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: