Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

If you have this files in data/base you are right

Appunti02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.58 KB
 Viewed:  13542 Time(s)

Appunti02.jpg

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

OK, I will check tonight. Thanks.

What about the Russian BGs entering on the 22nd in the 'What If' grand campaign? Does that happen in the normal Berlin Mod?

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:36 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

dgfred wrote (View Post):
I have a sniper with 11 kills after 2 battles... and he is still alive  Cool .

Sniper Auricht now has 23 kills and the Iron Cross... and is still alive at Neu Barnim.  Wink

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:59 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):
If you have this files in data/base you are right

The files are there, but the dates are not the same. I have done something wrong and have been playing the regular Berlin Mod for about 2 weeks. Dang it.

I told you I was terrible at that downloading/transferring files stuff.  Embarassed

dgfred

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:35 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Well at least I know what to ask Santa for:

Salhexe to make a plug-in form of his vetmod for dumb dgfred. Embarassed

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:50 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I could do only one, I tried several times without success and I gave up, however it is a few files for vetmod and copy them for two minutes of work. Smile

dgfred

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:15 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

salhexe wrote (View Post):
I'm sorry, I could do only one, I tried several times without success and I gave up, however it is a few files for vetmod and copy them for two minutes of work. Smile

Not your fault... I am the dunce  Embarassed .

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

A charming view of Brandenburg Gate from cod waw

shot0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.65 KB
 Viewed:  14684 Time(s)

shot0004.jpg

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

I have used the German Vetmod 1.0 for a while now, and think the game as Germany is difficult enough as it is. And great play too, so thanks for making this excellent mod. However, in regard to 3.5, is the increased difficulty focused on a more aggressive AI, or is the difficulty focused on lesser German weapons, units and ammo? In Vetmod 1.0 there is already a shortage in everything i think.

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:07 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Thx,
in every update I tried to improve the realism and improve the performance of the ai movement, as you know one of the shortcomings of the series close combat. Would be desirable for someone to translate into war / tld for further improvement of the performance and more accurate setting. Smile

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
I have used the German Vetmod 1.0 for a while now, and think the game as Germany is difficult enough as it is. And great play too, so thanks for making this excellent mod. However, in regard to 3.5, is the increased difficulty focused on a more aggressive AI, or is the difficulty focused on lesser German weapons, units and ammo? In Vetmod 1.0 there is already a shortage in everything i think.

1.0 was a first attempt. You see in readme the changes in search of improved performance and realism

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

The installation was a bit harry for a data-dummy like me, but it seems its working. 3.5 is located in the game-menu. and I have put the settings according to the image.

Looking forward to the challenge. Not much fuel and ammo though. In fact almost zip? Hmm

Question:

Is the German order of battle file referring to this vetmod 3.5 too, in regard to the eventually new types of BGs in the game?

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

No they aren't pln files , simply overwrite them

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Should the German battle order-file also overwrite something? I have only read it. Thought it was an info file-only?

I have overwritten the files explained in this thread and so far the game seems to work fine.

TURN 1 THE FOLLOWING REPORT IS NOT FROM 3.5, BUT AN HYBRID OF 3.5 and 1.0 - A MUCH EASIER GAME THAN 3.5. PLEASE READ THE POST BELOW FOR EXPLANATION

My fist battle-result in 3.5 HYBRID.

This is the first time in BoB I have lost so many troops in the first battle. Normally my looses against the AI would be around 10-15 men, thus more than double up. However, I did try to deploy as many units as possible up forward on the north-east hill. And since my first panzerschreck-team did not manage to hit a otherwise perfect slow moving steel-target, I essentially got slaughtered on that hill. My second schreck-team never got to fire a single shoot, cause it was somehow spotted and slaughtered at a distance in its dug-in trench, even though I had it on ambush? Has the AI increased detection-skills in 3.5?

It seems the amount of ammo has been drastically reduced. Only had 2 panzer-rockets per team.

The second battle - Golzow:

Very challenging with units having no training, lol! My Pack 40 crews have zip training in their equipment, talk about gun-crews being under pressure. No distance-duels in this round, that is far too risky. Also, the AI seems to act more aggressive now. It make longer punches. Haven't seen that in version 1.0 before. Thanks to the modder.

The third battle - Reitwein:

I like the result. Haven't achieved that ever before in BoB, including in vetmod 1.0, and I have deployed my troops pretty much where I always do. Anyhow, it seems terrain plays an even bigger role in 3.5 than in 1.0.

The fourth battle - Seelow Heights:

This result is the pretty much same as any average first battle on this map in vetmod 1.0. Poor first russian attack wave. A slaughter. However, if the second wave is a heavy tank BG as in vetmod 1.0, it will perhaps be my boys becoming the poor ones. I tend to use volksturm units as infantry in this first battle. Rest of my BG consist of guns and mortars.

TURN 2

Second battle of Neu Barnim:

Fine result. Only problem is that I have almost no ammo. If the ai stopped concentrating its infantry, its losses would have been smaller. My sniper had 5 bullets. Perhaps that is a bit too challenging a vetmod? I'm sure any sniper would have been able to have picked up ammo from some dead troops at the front. Anyhow, he killed 1 or 2 russian troops with those 5 bullets.

A glimpse from the battle. The russian AI assaulted the command post frontally at first. I had a flame-thrower inside. Whole russian squad got toasted and I lost the flamer-crew. Then the AI send in an assault gun north of the post (flanking?) - but it received a warm welcome from a panzerfaust. Then it send in a second infantry squad south of the command post (flanking?) but it got harassed by my sniper further back and the rest of the squad got shoot to pieces by my zugführe team on the reverse slope.  Then the AI massed several squads and yet another assault gun, while using artillery in the area simultaneously - and I finally lost the post. Then the battle ended. I think the russian artillery hit some of its own people?

Battle of the command post. You can see the defeated flanking attacks and the black burned troops from the frontal assault.

The second battle of Golzow:

Devastating result. I lost half the deployed troops. I was completely slaughtered. I think I deployed my untrained troops quite poorly, and they also somehow tends to get spotted at a distance, even when hidden inside bunkers. Is that a coded feature in 3.5? that untrained troops somehow get spotted easier? The Russian AI had a lot of its infantry-troops deployed up front from start, supported by 5-6 tanks.

I will not be able to hold this map for long, so that is huge difference from vetmod 1.0, cause in that version its fairly easy to hold this map for several days.

The second battle of Reitwein:

Equal losses, so not bad but also not good, since the russian AI has superior forces. I think I need to kill 5 or 10  times as many troops as I loose, in order to at least try and blunt the russian attack. Anyhow, despite I loose my 2 tanks and a too much of my trained infantry (in this BG my units have training) I manage to hold onto the position. I actually lost the flag at the farmhouse but a counter-attack brought it back in my hands. I used 3 group-leader squads in my counter-attack, so that was risky, and they all took looses. I wish the Germans had at least a air-support now and then.

End result April 16th and the first 2 turns in the hybrid

No russian breakthrough yet, but that will happen soon. This line will end eventually, that's for sure. And so will this little campaign-report using vetmod 3.5 for the first time. Great and addictive Vetmod :-)

My only humble criticism is that a little more ammo would be nice. And some more trained para-units too. Especially the gun-crews.  

Question: That invisible timer is great, however, it blinks constantly, thus a bit distracting. Any way to remove that blinking?

Last edited by CC_CO on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 4 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:56 pm Post subject: The above campaign-report is not based on a correct 3.5 Reply with quote

omg, lol, so all the above images are essentially from a messed-up 3.? game, cause first at now I understand what those adb files were all about, meaning the images from the game above is a 3.? without any of the 3.5 abd-files copied over in the base folder.

However, now I have copied them over in the base folder (and made backups too) and the 3.5 game I started up now is therefore quite different. Well, very different. Essentially a game with no forcepool in the first BG at Neu Barnim. The BG also starts out with plenty of depleted squads. So now I begin to understand why people say its difficult to even hold on to a map, for more than a couple of turns. lol!

On note, an exe plugin for the vetmod would really help the users I think. Cause data-dummies like my self wont at first sight understand what files to copy were, thus as I just did, some people will end up playing a hybrid mod like the one I posted images from above.

Oh boy, with the copied files installed correctly this game now seems to be like...desperate difficult and not just difficult.

Question: If I disband a BG from start will its force-pool and its eventually reinforcements (if any) be spread out to the other BGs? Cause here in turn 1, I'm already considering to disband two of my BGs.

salhexe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:17 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Shots from 3.6

the mod to be played as they were locked bgroups and you have possibility to have tigers and other tank

Appunti04.jpg
 Description:
situation at day 24
 Filesize:  155.17 KB
 Viewed:  14173 Time(s)

Appunti04.jpg

Appunti03.jpg
 Description:
t34 destroyed in turn by at trupp
 Filesize:  233.82 KB

Appunti03.jpg

Appunti02.jpg
 Description:
Tiger ran out of ammunition is destroyed by t34 flame
 Filesize:  231.8 KB

Appunti02.jpg

Appunti01.jpg
 Description:
The last tiger defending Moltke Bridge that remains a crucial defense
 Filesize:  234.79 KB

Appunti01.jpg

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Cool.

The thing I especially like about this mod, is the amount of death it has over it. Dead bodies in the fields and cars abandoned near that bridge, - cant remember the map, a medium urban map in front of Berlin.

Playing the vetmod made me watch several videos about the battle and do some reading too. So very inspiring. Thanks salhexe.

I think though, some more dead bodies, in general, inside buildings with roofs for instance, would only add to the feel of this slaughter this battle was. I read that in many places entire German families would commit suicide, and the red army troops would simply find them lying there in rows inside their houses.

So unless you think it is too splatter like, perhaps adding lots of civilian dead bodies, all over the maps, in the streets and houses, and near choke points like bridges, would add a good feel to the mod?

When playing the mod you also get this feeling that there is nothing you eventually can do as German.It ios just a wall of fire coming against you every time your troops are spotted.

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

BOB is great and the vetmods make it more enjoyable and challenging great job!

some questions:

- when a battlegroup gets disbanded when in supply does it return at a supply depot?
   -> do the rules of cutting off a battlegroup count and by doing so removing the bg permantly from the map

- when more then 50 % of a units crew is killed does it still return?  
   -> are there ad hoc infantry=  new infantry platoons composed of survivers

- should the vetmod 3.5 be played with morale on or off?

- if i wanted to alter some details like add german airsupport here and there and a little bit of ammo, how do i do that?
   i agree with some that it could be more enoyable but still very challenging that way

- is 3.6 the latest version of the vetmod? is it online yet?

thanks for the answers and the great mod!

Auf wiedersehen!

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

salhexe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest.

I reply to what I understand, and I know:

bg disbanded return to depot in cc5, in vetbob  German have no depot so they do not return.

for the setting see the image into the file vetmod

to increase the base ammunition you need to modify files

3.6 is in testing and I'm using it as if it were locked bg

see you soon Smile

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:38 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Battle of Berlin German S vetmod 3.5 Reply with quote

hehe, it s been a while since i checked.

in version 3.6 locked bg's? .. crazy shit in BOB :p    would the german player still win vs AI ?

I guess that's more realistic, for they were surrounded and a lot of german bg's were pinned in there position,
  but you should make the russian squads realistic, 6 or 8 men squads in stead of 10 it would make the game more balanced, yes even against AI

tip for 3.6

- ad-hoc infantry like in LSA would be ideal, as most infantry back then was composed out of different squads

but maybe that's an idea when someone would start to make BOB for lsa for Head2Head battles Smile I wish I'd be around when that day comes

PS salhaxe your overwhelming russian artillery, mortar fire.. is killing me :p

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Battle of Berlin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: