Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

Quote:
Is anyone here asking the permission of Matrix Games or Atomic from back in the day to mod?

Yes, I asked them when I wanted use some from their games and I have made the same with other games.

Quote:
We are clearly dealing with mods, not original stuff from the producers, as mooxe pointed out.

More reasons for respect the opinions from creators because they put their own free time and money on these mods. If you feel that this mod had not a price, you would be wrong because I lost more of one hard disk, programs as photoshop and more hardware, on 3 years can happen a lot of things.

Quote:
Another possible solution is to go through the changes with Firefox as he may agree with them, he may also have some he has made, and maybe there could be an official update that incorporates both sets of changes.

There is not solution because I agreed with all the creators from the mod do not let any change on it from other people without our personal thoughts. The unique guy who perhaps I let make it, he can be Dak_Legion, because he has respected my opinions and always he has asked me.

If terciooriamendi wants a Ebro mod, he can makes his own Ebro mod but only starting from the begining, I do not go to share nothing from my Battle of Ebro mod with him.

Dima can call me hypocrite but he is cynical because I have not published nothing without permissions.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

Too bad firefox don't want you to use the files
But keep it up we need more modders!!   Very Happy

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

WOW - how petty is this getting , get a grip firefoxy he is only trying to make your mod perfect whats wrong with that.

DOH!

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

Desertmouse wrote (View Post):
WOW - how petty is this getting , get a grip firefoxy he is only trying to make your mod perfect whats wrong with that.

Perfect for you, imperfect for me.

I must see that with your support to him, you are not helping, if this attitude continue, my future mods will add a password and I will release them only to my friends. No one creator will make a mod if it can be stolen.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

thumb

Rep: 5.9
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:04 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Is anyone here asking the permission of Matrix Games or Atomic from back in the day to mod?

'nuff said. KZ was still frosted about the implication of "Real" Red years after the mod was released.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:13 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

thumb wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

'nuff said. KZ was still frosted about the implication of "Real" Red years after the mod was released.

Only a few lines.

KZ was not Atomic games, he was only one member from the team giving a opinion. If Atomic Games at 100% had prohibited the mods, nobody had made one, Sulla had not promoted the CSO site and there had not been a complete site from SSI with CC mods. All the other are only dreams from people ignoring these things.......which probably they do not remember the SSI zone. I remember very well it and never I saw nothing about if the mods were ilegal.

The unique matter is how all mods are from the company which it has sold the game.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

thumb

Rep: 5.9
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
KZ was not Atomic games, he was only one member from the team giving a opinion.
Keith Zabalaoui was the founder, owner and CEO of Atomic Games from 1989 until 2005.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

thumb wrote (View Post):
KZ was not Atomic games, he was only one member from the team giving a opinion.
Keith Zabalaoui was the founder, owner and CEO of Atomic Games from 1989 until 2005.

Yes, from Atomic games but the games are not from Atomic games when they were sold to the publisher companies.

This is the reason because his opinion about mods never entered on action.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

... if this attitude continue, my future mods will add a password and I will release them only to my friends. No one creator will make a mod if it can be stolen.

No doubt mods have been stolen/lifted/ripped/etc. in the past. It's the modern parlence of cloning anything digital.

And me thinks Firefox, could be a living example, of the thanks and respect one can expect for putting in a ton of time creating an uploading mods. Maybe the Rodney Dangerfield syndrome.  Wink

Today, with the lame re-released titles, there is a very thin line between modder and developer.

It all seems kinda fucked up, when you think about it too much. Better to mod for yourself, and just skip the uploads and trying to suck some cash off Matrix. There are better ways to make money, me thinks.   Idea

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:21 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

terciooriamendi,

Thank you for your time and efforts in making a realism sub-mod for the Battle of Ebro mod by Nomada_Firefox.

Also.... a hearty welcome to the Close Combat community!

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

I welcome anyone that actually improves upon the arbitary bullshit that Nomada calls a 'mod'.  Seriously, this guy has been a joke in the CC modding community for almost 15 years now. If anyone hasn't figured that out on their own, then now they know.

Newbies don't know it, so they bow to his narcissism. His "mods" largely suck. He acts as if he owns the content, when all he did was edit it (and poorly, at that). Has a poor understanding of not only English, but laws and regulations covering software and the concept of 'freeware'.

Twisted Evil

hectorelgomez

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Someone has any information about development status of this new mods?

Thanks a lot.

Doramas

Rep: 52.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Ebro 3.0 Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

And thank you Nomada Firefox for the original mod!!!

Sorry but I have not autorized this file and I go to delete it. I have been very clear on the past that I would not let this type of modification from my files.

Quote:
Yo will tell me if you like this mod.

You have stolen everything.

Many worked to make a mod of the Spanish civil war, some from CC3. Descendants and relatives of international brigade members. Others of us did what we could. And many others gave it a tremendous boost with map graphics. The good thing is that there is still participation.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:26 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

When i see this i had to make one of my rare visits to this site lately Razz

Mr Nomada Firefox...i understand some of your points but not all...you cant really say that all of your used modmaterial is from yourself and from people that has promised you to use it???

When you put things on the World Wide Web and people like it..of course they will try it! If i talk about myself i see it as an honour Smile
When you modded the last Close Combat shit "The Bloody First" you made it and put it on Matrix Forums...shouldt anyone use it?

Play your mods on your own or with your private friends thats allright but dont make any advertising online  Shocked

Have a nive new Year 2022

Regards Mats

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:48 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

wow what a blast from the past.  

Sapa - still rumours of you making new version of your Berlin mod?   Smile

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:08 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

No sorry, that must be a very strange rumour and its not true ????

Regards Mats

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:08 am Post subject: Re: Historical Submod for Ebro 2.0 Reply with quote

No sorry, that must be a very strange rumour and its not true
Wink
Regards Mats

Sorry for the doublepost!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Rio Ebro
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: