Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
thumb

Rep: 5.9
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 am Post subject: CC phone home Reply with quote

My Android phone emulating Windows 95, using the Bochs 2.5.1.apk, and running CC1...

The cursor is touch-controlled, the volume buttons are the left/right mouse buttons, the Menu button is the 'Enter' key, and tapping the lower left corner of the screen launches the soft keyboard.
It may only be VGA (600x480), and the frame rate is slooow, but its fun to fiddle with in spare moments. And the battle sounds inevitably attract the curious.  Surprised

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:21 am Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

Searching now... oh please have CoI/CC3 work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

Will it run WAR too?

thumb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

Ive only got an 800x480 display. CC2+ need a minimum of 800x600. But other than using higher-end Android hardware there's no obvious reason which precludes a Bochs (or Qemu) setup from running XP & COI/WAR. SVGA resolution aside, it would take much more horsepower than possessed by my Motorola Triumph to go from  CC1's 8 bit, tiled map graphics to processing even CC2's relatively small 16 bit, single image maps. As it is, my poor little 1ghz Snapdragon cpu can barely power the 2 operating systems, an emulation app, and a data-intensive, multimedia game simultaneously ... even overclocked by 50%.

Here's turnkey .zip (75mb) that includes everything needed to have CC1 running on an Android device in <5min.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

Cool. This could be the next 'angry birds'.  Razz

thumb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

ya never know....   Shocked

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:17 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

Hahaha.

hope other CC's will be portable to Android tablets

thumb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

Its only a question of sufficient hardware specs. I'd imagine the next generation of big screen super phones should be capable of emulating XP and running CC.

LG Optimus Vu - 5", 4:3, 1024 x 768

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

If I owned Atomic I would be all over that market.  Cool

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

It's already been put to matrixgames... no response.... but it was before the megapatches.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

can i play cc on a android tablet? if so what flavor of android would i need to purchase.

general_solomon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 am Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

I did some research and there are a few good windows based tablets that can run all cc games.. I hate my Ipad because you cant download anything to it. there is a terminal services feature you can use as app but its not the same as having the game on your tablet. you guys might want to look at new asus ep121 or slate 500 or better.

general_solomon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 am Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

I will be purchasing the galaxy note phone / tablet just for this game. the note has 5 inch screen and should be able to run xp which means i can download and play both cc 1 and 2 and maybe even 3.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

I'm gonna get me one of those Windows 8 tablets, when they arrive.

general_solomon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
I'm gonna get me one of those Windows 8 tablets, when they arrive.

yep, thats what i am holding out for. I am going to try cc on the samsung note. I will report back.

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 am Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

Just bought a androind phone need to try that out!

Thanks for the link!
Damn CC1!

general_solomon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:03 am Post subject: Re: CC phone home Reply with quote

thumb wrote (View Post):
Ive only got an 800x480 display. CC2+ need a minimum of 800x600. But other than using higher-end Android hardware there's no obvious reason which precludes a Bochs (or Qemu) setup from running XP & COI/WAR. SVGA resolution aside, it would take much more horsepower than possessed by my Motorola Triumph to go from  CC1's 8 bit, tiled map graphics to processing even CC2's relatively small 16 bit, single image maps. As it is, my poor little 1ghz Snapdragon cpu can barely power the 2 operating systems, an emulation app, and a data-intensive, multimedia game simultaneously ... even overclocked by 50%.

Here's turnkey .zip (75mb) that includes everything needed to have CC1 running on an Android device in <5min.

The link with instructions is not valid any way you can reup.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: