Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
jamescline16

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:26 pm Post subject: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

During set up of a battle I have to scroll for the screen to redraw and update. as well the menu doesnt appear correctly and when things do appear, I get horizontal lines.

Running windows 7, 64 bit

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

You might try to change the compatibility settings, right click the game icon and choose Properties, Compatibilities and then check the box and put in Windows XP (Service pack 3) - compatible. Works for me.

jamescline16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

I tried that and still no go. The game starts up fine, I can go and edit my forces, then when i attempt to move them or give them a command i can hear that it is doing it, but the visual is not there until i move my mouse or or use my arrow keys, then they appear where I placed them. Then I start the battle and give commands to move, I can here that that they are moving, but on my screen they are not until i move my mouse or use the arrow keys and they will show up as moved into a diferent area on their way to where i directed them too.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

Hmm, weird. Could be some rare glitch because of grafix card or something. It is an older game, fundamentally so really new cards might not support it anymore. Or something.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

I've got a AMD HD6950, no problems here. Maybe a driver issue, have you tried another graphics driver version?

Hostilian

Rep: 47.4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

Ensure DirectX is up to date too. Download the latest redistributable (or web installer) from Microsoft.
Run Dxdiag.exe and ensure all checks are ok!

Update your Graphics card drivers and ensure the refresh rate and colour depth are suitable for your monitor.
Check your screen resolution etc 'in game'!

Ensure the game is fully patched!

Also try disabling Aero (Run this - "net stop uxsms")

What GFX Card do you have?

chuknorris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:57 am Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

I have the same problem as the OP, with Cross of Iron (I haven't tried any others). Win7 64, im using an Nvidia GT 540M.

As CoI is designed for win7 it must be an graphics card issue. Playing around with settings doesn't work. I suspect diabling direct draw may help but im unable to do this.

I don't see anyway around this unless someone has something to add? Wink

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem on my laptop with Windows 7 64bit, with an Nvidia GT 555M  graphics card. Couldn't find any solution so far. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Lionshare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: Problem with win 7 Reply with quote

Thanks to TIK for putting up this youtube video watch?v=SfMtezf2L58 looking for a fix to these graphics problems that some of us where having, someone has finally come up with a fix.

Youtube video for the graphics fix – watch?v=2M9xOXxwK1g

Youtube video for a full screen fix – watch?v=GAojyBPCjs8

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: