Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Sgt_Monk

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:15 pm Post subject: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

I have been bored this week not knowing what to play, messing with Hearts of Iron 3, Medieval 2, Empire Total war nothing seemed to interest me so I was looking through a few game reviews saw a review for Combat Mission googled it ended up on this site which I havent been on in years tried the demo for CM turned it off about 10 minutes later and went in search of my CC5 disc after about 45 minutes I was up and running playing a SAS campaign, I forgot how much this game rocks.. I played Men at War and thought I wish they could make CC like this but it doesnt need it the graphics to me are so much better than the CM demo I played, Just looked at this account and its from 2005 must be the last time I played!!!!! I think it may be time to try a bit of H2H after all these years.....

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

This is the best time ever to play CC games. You have more games and mods than ever to choose from. We have modern computers (let's hope) better connections and a growing group of active players at gameranger.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hostilian

Rep: 47.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 am Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

Combat Mission is excellent though.. Playing against a person (rather than the AI) is a must!
Tank combat in Combat Mission is a WW2 nut's wet dream!  ;-)

Any chance we can get a forum section for CM or is it strictly CC here?  Smile

Whistler

Rep: 7.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:36 pm Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

Sgt_Monk wrote (View Post):
I have been bored this week not knowing what to play, messing with Hearts of Iron 3, Medieval 2, Empire Total war nothing seemed to interest me so I was looking through a few game reviews saw a review for Combat Mission googled it ended up on this site which I havent been on in years tried the demo for CM turned it off about 10 minutes later and went in search of my CC5 disc after about 45 minutes I was up and running playing a SAS campaign, I forgot how much this game rocks.. I played Men at War and thought I wish they could make CC like this but it doesnt need it the graphics to me are so much better than the CM demo I played, Just looked at this account and its from 2005 must be the last time I played!!!!! I think it may be time to try a bit of H2H after all these years.....

Haha, dito Confused Combat Mission, Theatre of War... the lot. Total Wars.. then I installed CC5 again. Fighting Op. Circle and the Scheldt now. So that makes over 15 years of CC then, I seem to remember CC1 being from 1997? Cool

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

IIRC CC1 was from 1995 Wink

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

Welcome back.... CC is like an addiction that you can't shake, at most you just take a break....

LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

Still, don't knock Hearts of Iron.  Razz Of course, it's not tactics, it's strategy.

carl_render

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

Heh, I bought cc5 in 2000, but never played it. Picked up CMBO the same year and been playing various CM games ever since. Have just gone back to cc5 and it really is a blast! Loving it and playing it in preference to CMBN now. There are some great mods out there too - looking forward to those when I finish the Normandy campaign.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Reply with quote

carl_render wrote (View Post):
Heh, I bought cc5 in 2000, but never played it. Picked up CMBO the same year and been playing various CM games ever since. Have just gone back to cc5 and it really is a blast! Loving it and playing it in preference to CMBN now. There are some great mods out there too - looking forward to those when I finish the Normandy campaign.

I also purchased CC4 and 5 when 1st released, but they were never popular on the old MS multiplayer site.. Everyone wanted to play CC3 still and don't even recall any mods or anything back then for either CC4, or 5.

CM was a blast, played both the 1st 2 releases and bought those, but lets not forget pretty much the 1st actual PC wargame that got people going online.. The Panzer General series, mainly 1 and 2.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: