Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
LoneRebel

Rep: 9.8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:28 am Post subject: Russian Reinforcement Question Reply with quote

I'm playing an SDK GC currently, as the Germans. In all GCs I've played thus far as the defender, I ended the campaign as quickly as possible through total victory, by making sure that, at the end of one day's afternoon turn, there were no enemy BGs on the strategic map. Since complete elimination of the Soviets will clearly be impossible to quickly achieve in this mod, I settled down for a long campaign right up to the last day of the GC.

After just five days of fierce fighting, several of the Soviet BGs were already close to depletion. In particular, the dangerous armored BGs had lost almost all their tanks and infantry. I was pleased with this result, as it would make holding the line easier and even open up the possibility of a total victory.

So I was dismayed when, the next day, these BGs appeared again, and were fully reinforced. Their force pools had been refilled, with, of course, the verdammt KV-1s and the irritating T-34s.

So I want to ask - is this refilling of force pools intentional or a glitch? SDK has no "Reinforce" button for either side, and this did not happen when I played as the Soviets (although I didn't lose that many men anyway).

And will this refilling of Soviet force pools keep happening until the end of the GC? I'd like for someone to tell me now so that I know if I should prepare for endless waves of KV-1s...  :?

PS: Tejzsd said in another post that, in his words,

Quote:
CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel was designed for single player against the computer as Russian.

Does this mean that SDK is designed to have the human playing as the Germans, versus AI-controlled Soviets? Just making sure.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: Russian Reinforcement Question Reply with quote

Yes. Made for h2h and vs AI Russian.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

LoneRebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Russian Reinforcement Question Reply with quote

dgfred wrote (View Post):

H2H as well? Wouldn't it be rather difficult (to put it mildly) for the Axis player to win an SDK H2H GC?

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: Russian Reinforcement Question Reply with quote

Quote:
H2H as well? Wouldn't it be rather difficult (to put it mildly) for the Axis player to win an SDK H2H GC?

It depends on how skilled the Axis player is.

I started a h2h GC, last year in SDK, playing as Russian. My opponent was better skilled than I, thus my losses sky-rocketed.

The quoted losses are from Day 1-Only. I cant remember my full losses when we stopped around 1/3 into the campaign, but they were massive. There are several SDK maps that are really easy to defend as German player.

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
Ok, thanks.

Bit sad though, it would really cripple each opponent if those forced-disbanded-rules were applied.

But, then again, the russians are really strong in this mod, even on LINE settings. Thus, although I as the Russian attacker, have suffered heavy losses during the 4 turns in day 1, consisting of the following losses:

776 killed
    707 wounded
    28 Amour
    4 Vehicles
    12 Guns

- I still, here at the start of day two, recieve a solid reinforcement. As example, one of my BGs now got 8 rocket launchers, plus hvy morters on top.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:16 am Post subject: Re: Russian Reinforcement Question Reply with quote

LoneRebel wrote (View Post):
dgfred wrote (View Post):

IIRC the H2H submod for this mod is made differently by PzJager... but it is still difficult for the German player.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

LoneRebel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:24 pm Post subject: Re: Russian Reinforcement Question Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
Quote:

It depends on how skilled the Axis player is.

I started a h2h GC, last year in SDK, playing as Russian. My opponent was better skilled than I, thus my losses sky-rocketed.

The quoted losses are from Day 1-Only. I cant remember my full losses when we stopped around 1/3 into the campaign, but they were massive. There are several SDK maps that are really easy to defend as German player.

Yes, it's true that there are several maps that are easy to defend as the Germans. But given the fact that, from my experience, Soviet BGs are reinforced to full strength anytime their force pools drop to red (one bar) supply level, and none of my German BGs have been reinforced at all so far - the defensibility of maps barely makes up for the Russians' sheer numerical advantage.

I used to think SDK has an H2H submod, but looking for it now, I can't find it, so maybe I was mistaken. Perhaps it's SOC that has the H2H version, that's for sure...

In the campaign I'm playing against the AI, casualties are already immense and there are still 19 days to go. I shudder to think of what those days have in store...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: