Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MorgolKing

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:03 am Post subject: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

Looking to get back into the game, and wonder if any older players are still around...

I recognize MF_Church's screenname. Are you in England bud? I think talked a lot back in the day. I can't even remember what my handle was. Maybe it was Silberfaust (?)

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:07 pm Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

heh Nice to be Reco - nized..... !

Great memory too.  

Think i might explain my Nic/Name.   I started as churchill5.  Course folks when chatting @ me would shorten it to church.

Two buds started a clan as a joke (I think) and asked me to join.  The M y  F riend clan.  Ya  MF for short! oy.

I couldn't say no to Both!  :P

Sadly, i haven't seen either or since those Golden Days of CCombat.  Very Happy

MorgolKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:12 am Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

Yeah it's good to see you here. Does anybody still play CC2?

Maybe you can help me decide on which CC to buy to get back into things. I posted this summary in another thread, but I'll just repeat myself here.

I absolutely loved CC2, I thought the game balance and intensity were great. I'm more interested in the Eastern Front, but when the CC3 demo came out I was disappointed b/c it seemed like everything died very easily and the map was so large you couldn't appreciate what was going on. I didn't get CC3, but I later bought CC4 and thought CC2 was much better.

Anyways, I only enjoy multiplayer games, so whichever game is played the most online these days is a big factor for me. Any advice?

MF_Church

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

There is a site exclusively CC2 for all things cc2 and forums.  

tournmenthousecc2 < type that in your Google / Search Engine.

Also everyone who plays anything Close Combat goes to Gameranger: http://www.gameranger.com/download/

Which game?  Well, cc2 and cc3 and cc5 been Updated and ReReleased! At Matrix Games.

http://matrixgames.com/products/386/details/Close.Combat.-.Last.Stand.Arnhem

LSA is the cc2 new Rerelease!

Enjoy!

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:44 am Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

i think i was tigerleader back then....hehe...was fun:)

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

MF_Church

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:18 am Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

:)

heh @ best Hit!   aye & amen to that!  Smile)

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:46 pm Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

CSO_Sbufkle back in the days of the ZONE!

MF_Church

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

Very Happy

MorgolKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:54 am Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

Those were the days.....

MF_Church

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

Speaking of those were the days... I had another one today!

But this online game cost a monthly fee.  WW2Online.  I love it.  Why?  Reminds me of cc2! alot.

Axis were attacking our town.  I knew the sounds and tactics of my Human online opponents!

Infiltrating with enemy infantry followed by their bombers 111s!  Blowing ours up and dislodging Atguns manned by us!

I could hear the distant engines of their pzs Inbound.  I quickly grabbed a 6 pdr.

Chasing a 232 german light armored scoutcar about our town.. i got a hit on it... causing white smoke to trail after it.  Slight damaged and it moved off...

Pushing the 6pdr back to the opposite side of the town towards the increasing sound of german Hardware...  My older computer Frames Per Second was starting to drop! to 5fps.   I got to stay hidden!  So the woods and hilly underbush though very tough to get through was exactly what i needed.

I was suddenly out of the maze!  And lo & behold were 2 Pzs on a trail looking past my GUN.  Side views of Pz4 G & Pz III.   Got my gun dropped and manned the gunner.  What to hit first?!  The lead tank! (grey).  2 hit started it brewing! right in the face of the 2nd tank's commander!   I can't be seen! or my soft targets would be like butter melting away.

4 direct hits!  It's main Gun now turning !  No. It stopped!  Those flames must be confusing!  2 more and kaBooo  It's turret is sailing sky high!  Huge looking gun too!

:D

Wait! Another grey further into our town's outskirts.  Backing up in full retreat mode!  The hillside blocking 80% of it's outline.  It stops right beside a tree blocking it entirely from my view.  I quick mobilize the 6pdr.  Move it 10 ft to the side and see the top of the Pz4 D.  I setup again and let fly!  2.  3 shells.  Pretty far away.  Someone else dropping mortar rounds on it??  Puff of smoke explode right on top of it every 5 secs.   One more shell and a direct hit! near it's rear flank!  :D

Time to get my gun back safe to earn even more pts.

Wow!  121 pts and three kills!  Enemy Attack fails!  

Sorry for the change of topic... kind of not but a change anyways.

I'm still pumped after that Action this afternoon.  :D

Enjoy! (i hope:)

MorgolKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:00 am Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

Nice after action report!

Kinda makes me want to try out WW2 Online. Do they have demo?

Nobody seems to be playing close combat anymore.

MF_Church

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:46 pm Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

Thanks!  Took about 7 mins. to do the Damage! but about 40mins of recon...  :)

Oh... I'm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada... scarborough to be exact.

Yes! There is a free trial.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/about-the-game/game-info?myAffID=sitemenu

upas

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:14 am Post subject: Re: Anybody around from Microsoft Zone days? Reply with quote

I miss those days on the zone Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: