Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):

Cathartes, are you going to edit the cohesion and fatigue attributes for the campaign (how much is lost/gained when fighting and moving)?

Do they need editing?  Had not considered it.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):

Cathartes, are you going to edit the cohesion and fatigue attributes for the campaign (how much is lost/gained when fighting and moving)?

Do they need editing?  Had not considered it.

I thought the number of turns per day and how much time they represent were different between stock LSA and GJS mod.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Quote:

I thought the number of turns per day and how much time they represent were different between stock LSA and GJS mod.

good point, need to take a look.

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

From memory,

The fatigue and cohesion gained by resting was a joke. You were supposed to gain more at night but that was just a little less of a joke.

The recovery rate needs to be increased dramatically IMHO both when actually resting and in the case when not resting but no battle occurred.

After two days of fighting, and not even fighting every opportunity the game allows, a unit became useless if it ran into a fresh wave of angry grandmothers wielding their 80cm umbrellas.

savage1987swb

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Keep up the good work Carthartes, and I'm glad to hear that you're releasing GJS on LSA, much more fun to be had with that engine than tLD.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

best to pair with a friendly infantry BG:

2cdn.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.33 KB
 Viewed:  14579 Time(s)

2cdn.jpg

WillKnott

Rep: 41.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Looking forward to this one.  I like the LSA engine, but the GC in LSA is sadly out of balance.

I have a question, I have been trying to make a large campaign with the latest patches, and I get campaign file crashes constantly.  Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Like the idea Cathartes of having AT, tanks or other special weapons in their own BG that must be paired with another BG to form a balanced force....

Cathartes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a question, I have been trying to make a large campaign with the latest patches, and I get campaign file crashes constantly.  Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

Was doing ok a few days into the GC with the original battlegroup setup, but I've filled out the BGs extensively, and haven't tested that far out since.  If not stable, will light my hair on fire.

Quote:
Like the idea Cathartes of having AT, tanks or other special weapons in their own BG that must be paired with another BG to form a balanced force....

Me too, but somewhere there's some magic in those little numbers at the head of the forcepool file that will make it all work or fall on its face.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

All the power too you Cathartes! bring it on!

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

another new Allied BG, not available until later in June:

31_tank.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.44 KB
 Viewed:  14258 Time(s)

31_tank.jpg

KilovskimkIII

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Nice one Cathartes. This is looking like its going to be something special. I've lost my copy of CC5, so I can't play any of the classic mods. I'm really looking forward to this. Keep up the good work. Very Happy

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

I'm so looking forward to this... every update by Cathartes makes me want it even more... he's teasing us silly... Cool

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 am Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

another benefit of LSA: with the ability to designate entry VLs, no more random map deploy by parachute BGs.  Historical attack vectors can be predetermined.

deploy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.68 KB
 Viewed:  14226 Time(s)

deploy.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:11 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

some new fire support, new graphic, new shadow, new way to blow stuff up:

grilleAusfM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.98 KB
 Viewed:  14165 Time(s)

grilleAusfM.jpg

Gunnar

Rep: 6.7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:16 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Does the Grille give indirect fire? Thanks for your continious efforts!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Looking great Cathartes!

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

into the morning of June 7:

camp_7junam.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.82 KB
 Viewed:  14130 Time(s)

camp_7junam.jpg

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Can't wait to play it!

Cathartes

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: GJS for LSA Reply with quote

Quote:
Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

will find that out soon I 'spose.  playing the AI right now just to air out kinks.  so far so good except the AI is predicatably un-smart when it comes to BG movement.  This one, as before, designed with H2H in mind.

camp2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.93 KB
 Viewed:  14091 Time(s)

camp2.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: