Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:45 pm Post subject: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

ver3.1
-Pegasus bridge width increased so vehicles can move across ... also, bridge roof is now active
-corrected weapons file version
-ModSwap compatible exe installation method
-Additional credits:
Andrew Williams - Install exe, readme/map pdf, and technical support

ver.3.0
-corrected rate of fire: 7.5cm KwK37
-reduced min. firing range of Panzerschreck and Bazooka
-Panzer Lehr 130 can reinforce one time instead of zero
-several other weapons data corrections

Note: readme text and strategic reference map pdf file (TLDGTmodver3.pdf) is located in folder:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\Support
A larger version of the map is located in the same above mentioned folder ... larger map file name is "gtocmap.jpg"

Ground Tactics featured campaign: Objective Caen

Battle Groups (BG's) included in this Campaign are now approximately Company sized, and have the ability to Reinforce. An extra day has been added to the length of the campaign too.
These changes, as well as a newly edited "Objective Caen" campaign, should further intensify the Close Combat experience. Company sized BG's put attrition at the forefront of daily strategic decisions, and open up the possibility of cutting off an opponent’s reinforcements as well as supplies.
Line vs. Line is suggested, but various combinations of difficulty levels can be used for a specific preference.

Time line: June 7-10
The Objective Caen Campaign has been designed to try and simulate battle field characteristics common to history, with respect to strategic map level game play. By balancing Battle Group quantities and placement, some battlefield historical similarities can be realized ... such as:

1.The necessity for German command to establish a line of defense across the Strategic map, so as to not permit Allied Battle Groups access to supply depots, and/or supply lines. This is possible to accomplish, but requires a combination of both Battle Group advancement and retreat at various locations during move turns, along with the defense of specific victory locations. Therefore, knowledge and understanding of the strategic map is critical for overall success ... especially since important German Battle Groups arrive later in the Campaign (June 8, 9).
At the bottom of this document is a single page (printable) strategic map using small versions of TLD maps, so players can better visualize map connections and the type of terrain at map entry points. Information about Battle Group arrival dates and the number of times they can reinforce is also included.

2. Although Allied Battle Groups out number their opponent's ... they aren't relevant to the campaign's outcome, unless they can break through German lines, and gain further access to German held ground. This simulates bottleneck restrictions Allied forces encountered while moving inland through Normandy bocage terrain.

Historical overview:
The 12th SS Division, along with the 21.Panzer-Division, were the closest Panzer divisions to the landing beaches.
Initial planning for both Divisions was to counterattack and retake Bayeux … considered a pivotal strategic hub.
This plan was abandoned when the divisional staff were killed in a bombing raid.

“The 21st Panzer division was grouped with two SS units under the command of Sepp Dietrich which were to push Northwest to retake Bayeux but this plan was abandoned when the divisional staff were killed in a bombing raid.”

For the purpose of this Campaign … Bayeux is a high priority objective for German command. A major victory will require total control of both Bayeux and Caen. A minor victory is accomplished by keeping total control of Caen.and partial control of Bayeux
An Allied major victory requires total control of Caen and Bayeux. Total control of Bayeux and partial control of Caen results in a minor victory

note: for the purpose of this Campaign ... BG 915/352 represents various regrouped units from June 6 engagements

... link coming soon

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

further info:
1.I recommend saving after each battle. Delete some of the older saves if you want (as the campaign progresses), but keep at least one previous save. This will ensure you have a file to replay in case of the very rare possibility of the battle ending without creating results which allow further play ... probably a good idea with any CC campaign.

2.At least two German Battle Groups (BG's) probably won't be able to hold ground much longer than the end of June 7th ... if the Allied commander is aggressive. These BG's need to hold the line until new BG's arrive June 8th ... by remaining in combat as long as possible (before retreat), or until disbandment.

3.The Objective Caen campaign is designed for Line vs. Line difficulty levels, giving the Allied side a Force Pool strength advantage, which simulates challenges faced be German forces.
Moving the German difficulty level to "Green" adds significant Force Pool quantities to the German side, which may be more desirable for H2H game play.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Download now available from

HERE: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:13 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Thanks schrecken ... much appreciated Smile

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

great!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:28 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Hi David,

Nice that  you still can't get enough Wink.

Quote:
The 12th SS Division, along with the 21.Panzer-Division, were the closest Panzer divisions to the landing beaches.
Initial planning for both Divisions was to counterattack and retake Bayeux … considered a pivotal strategic hub.

Object to counterattack at Bayeux was for 352.ID - for that purpose the mobile group was formed consisting of 915 Regiment and Stug Company - while 21.Pz and 12.SS-Pz were ordered to defend Caen.

Quote:
This plan was abandoned when the divisional staff were killed in a bombing raid.

That is of cause not correct at all.

Quote:
“The 21st Panzer division was grouped with two SS units under the command of Sepp Dietrich which were to push Northwest to retake Bayeux but this plan was abandoned when the divisional staff were killed in a bombing raid.”

where did you get it from?!

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:56 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Quote:
where did you get it from?!

Hi,
from here ... but I don't know the original source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_Panzer_Division_%28Germany%29

Kosynier

Rep: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

I've got problem with this mod, when i play grand campaign, at he Moraville battle 6th june near pegasus brodge.
I've got error msg "unable to read texture g2cmflk_norm.tex"
when i play without mod its ok, when i remove flak gun while i use GT3.1 it is also ok.

cc5.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.8 KB
 Viewed:  12146 Time(s)

cc5.JPG

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:47 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Hi Kosynier,
Thanks for your report ... ... sorry if something in the mod is causing that error.
I tried the Merville Battery single battle, and didn't get that error.

This mod ended up focusing mostly on the "Objective Caen" Campaign ... so it's best to use that.

Nevertheless, 3.1 is the final version ... so there won't be any further work done

david Smile

Kosynier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:37 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

ok so there is new problem, while i use US Para mortar 60 or 81 if i remember good, so when i use them they should fire bilnd at target but they have status no target and they aint shooting. I mean they don't want to use mortar, so i tough maybe it happens at night but when i played single battle on carentan german AI troops used mortar, i had 2 units with mortars and only one could fire blind on target.

so there is attachment with screen there was 2 units and they couldn't shoot

mortar.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  241.12 KB
 Viewed:  12074 Time(s)

mortar.JPG

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:43 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Hi Kosynier,
There is a minimum firing range for mortars ... for example, 81mm/8cm mortar have a 200 meter min range. So, if target is less than 200m away ... then the mortar crew won't fire.
This is an attempt to make their deployment and use more realistic (distances are listed in the readme file).

Thanks
david

Kosynier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

ok so i had to check it and here you have 88m and mortar gunner has no target, so i though hmm maybe its because of headgrow, I've  moved them on open field and you can see this 2nd screen .
I can say he fired blind at the beginning of this battle when i wanted to check them but when germans attacked me on other side of the map and when i moved them from their basic position to those from screens they can't fire blind mortar.

mortar3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.57 KB
 Viewed:  12051 Time(s)

mortar3.JPG

mortar2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.25 KB
 Viewed:  12051 Time(s)

mortar2.JPG

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Hi Kosynier,
Minimum firing range for the 60mm mortar is 150 meters (mortar won't fire unless target is at least 150m away) ... the stock game (no GT mod files) is 40 meters.

Also note, mortar set up times for GT are increased ... so it takes longer to fire after the crew has moved

Thanks
david

Kosynier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

davidssfx wrote (View Post):
Hi Kosynier,
Minimum firing range for the 60mm mortar is 150 meters (mortar won't fire unless target is at least 150m away) ... the stock game (no GT mod files) is 40 meters.

Also note, mortar set up times for GT are increased ... so it takes longer to fire after the crew has moved

Thanks
david

Ok now i get this

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:03 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics 3.1 Reply with quote

Thanks to romppane for permission to use some of his sounds for a new sound file for Ground Tactics 3.1
I'll add it to a new GT version once Matrix makes a final TLD patch.

for now ... just put the new "Sound.sfx" file in the below listed folder, after you have Ground Tactics 3.1 installed.
folder location to put new sound file:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\LOCALFX

get it here:
edit ... removed link

final sound file here:
edit ... removed link

david

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: