Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 pm Post subject: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Close Combat Panthers in the fog

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:23 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Please I hope that they let Slitherine do all the development on this.  

Yes Slitherine and Matrix are business partners or may have done a merger.  Slitherine has done a kick ass job with Panzer General rewrite.  They didn't just re-use the old code like Matrix did with their previous CC projects.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Matrix screws it up again and tries to turn it into a FPS or 3D copy-cat game for kids.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

No company/game information of any sort yet.

dj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Other than it will feature Panthers...so we know it will be something from '44 - '45

Did Slitherine complete a merger / acquisition of Matrix...or are they in just a business partnership?

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

officially announced: last CC game of current engine

announcement

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Why they keep dividing people like this? they should release different theaters/campaigns as mods of the same game instead of as new games. Who is slitherine anyways? and why they talk about this being the last close combat with current engine? are they working on a new engine? is the old engine becoming open source or something?

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

All I see is a few posts and no info.

Where exactly is the info coming from?

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

The info is from Slitherine.
Slitherine and Matrix merged some time ago. So actually its the same company as before.
The changes in name of the distributor may be nothing but cosmetic.  

The real question is, who’s the developer? Is it still S3T/Blackhand or whatever they call em self for the day?

Perhaps Cathartes and/or Tejzsd knows, I mean, they have been involved with the developer for long now. Or is it a new crew this time?  Surely that cant be NDA.  

/Stalky

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Yawn

Until someone has a full blown account of the game and screen shots I consider this nothing worth paying attention to.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Don't know anything about this new release. So from a testing perspective it is a new crew (or everyone else is under NDA and not talking).

Here is link to the first thread in the development forum; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3088054

The only thing it really states is the new game will use the current/same engine but is no a redo of a battle already done in CC.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:28 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

If I had to guess I would say its a Pacific Theater game using the LSA engine.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Thanx for the info TJ.

/S

dj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:47 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

From the Slitherine forums:

"..Number of squads to control in Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog has been upped to a total of 21 squads, with sizes up to ten men!

With Slitherine acquiring the Close Combat license, this will be the last Close Combat on the original engine, with a new Close Combat coming out in the near future utilizing a new engine."

Slitherine is legit.  When they say some something.  I believe it.  Unlike Matrix.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Hm, 21 units on the tac map? Is that what they mean?  Or?
Odd number, must be 3x7 setup?

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Analyzing the title and what little info we have I think that:

-It's probably a German offensive
-winter/autumn weather
-It's not in the west as the German offensive there was already covered two times, besides as Tejszd says: "is no a redo of a battle already done in CC".
-Must be one where the Panther tanks were prominent more than say Tigers or King Tigers.
-Maps will be huge, probably CCMT size considering that :"Number of squads to control in Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog has been upped to a total of 21 squads, with sizes up to ten men!"
-Only CC where the number of men per team were 10 was CC3 (or CC3 with RealRed release aka CoI), also the only russian front themed game.

Considering all the above I think that:

-It will be set in the East
-Big/Major German Offensive
-circa late 1943/ early 1945

Wanna make your bets?  Laughing

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:04 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Erik Rutins wrote:

CC in 3D will work well and maintain the option for the top down perspective that CC gamers are used to, while finally bringing CC forward in terms of its looks and interface to the 21st Century. We're not planning to throw out the baby with the bathwater here. It will be Close Combat.

Making a new 3D engine gives you all the capabilities of 2D and a lot more. A new 2D-only engine at this point would not give CC the future success we would like it to have.

Regards,

- Erik

Matrix development forum

Well I just got excited, it seems the new CC engine coming after CC: PITF will be 3D, how it will be implemented? I don't know but I hope is not an CM or APK clone, keep it top down view but all the environment and units in 3D also keep it at the Company/Depleted Battalion level.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

It looks to be Q4 for this latest CC game and shooting for 2013 for a new 3D CC game.

Again,
I have no interest in another game using the current CC engine.

3D?
Depends on the theater/graphics/strategic map/game play/options.

Anything other than WWII I have no interest and no software or skills to edit in 3D and NO interest in learning.

Scott Parrino
The team will definitely be preserving the essence and atmosphere of the Close Combat series, we believe that moving it to the Unity engine will definitely help make it more current and also help greatly in addressing LOS and LOF issues from the "flat" graphical view of the classic series. Panthers in the Fog will be a well-done game in that more features and graphical fidelity has been added.

Number of squads to control in Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog has been upped to a total of 21 squads, with sizes up to ten men!

With Slitherine acquiring the Close Combat license, this will be the last Close Combat on the original engine, with a new Close Combat coming out in the near future utilizing a new engine.

The graphical detail in Panthers in the Fog has been updated to 32-bit, with an improved UI as well, along with Slitherine's integrated multiplayer lobbies.
Iain McNeil announced that the new Close Combat will be using the Unity engine, moving the series into 3D, while still retaining the essence of the game, while improving gameplay such as the LOS detail. Projected release is 2013, with a release on both the Mac and PC. In the not-too-distant future the series will move to the iPad tablet.

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog will be coming out Q4 2012, announced by Iain McNeil.

Erik Rutins
CC in 3D will work well and maintain the option for the top down perspective that CC gamers are used to, while finally bringing CC forward in terms of its looks and interface to the 21st Century. We're not planning to throw out the baby with the bathwater here. It will be Close Combat.

Again,
Why do people put such little info out there and have nothing to actually show or tell is beyond me,Whats the point?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

[i]Scott Parrino
The team will definitely be preserving the essence and atmosphere of the Close Combat series, we believe that moving it to the Unity engine will definitely help make it more current and also help greatly in addressing LOS and LOF issues from the "flat" graphical view of the classic series. Panthers in the Fog will be a well-done game in that more features and graphical fidelity has been added.

Number of squads to control in Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog has been upped to a total of 21 squads, with sizes up to ten men!

With Slitherine acquiring the Close Combat license, this will be the last Close Combat on the original engine, with a new Close Combat coming out in the near future utilizing a new engine.

The graphical detail in Panthers in the Fog has been updated to 32-bit, with an improved UI as well, along with Slitherine's integrated multiplayer lobbies.
Iain McNeil announced that the new Close Combat will be using the Unity engine, moving the series into 3D, while still retaining the essence of the game, while improving gameplay such as the LOS detail. Projected release is 2013, with a release on both the Mac and PC. In the not-too-distant future the series will move to the iPad tablet.

Where is this quote from?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:31 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

The quotes are from multiple posts in this thread on all the new games coming;

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3087775&mpage=1&key=

For the 21 teams hopefully it means they have increased the fixed screen size from the 800x600 images rather just make images smaller to have 1 more squad per platoon.

Wonder what benefit the32bit color depth brings if any?

The new engine with 3D sounds good as long we can play like today but zoom in to any size we see fit and then change the angle to what a unit can see!

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:16 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

They talk as if Panthers in the Snow is already done in this sentence: "The graphical detail in Panthers in the Fog has been updated to 32-bit, with an improved UI as well, along with Slitherine's integrated multiplayer lobbies."

I hope we can see some screens soon!

As to the benefits well I think easier modding is one as you will not be converting images to 16-bit, more colors?, greater map detail and better definition maybe.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: