Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:33 am Post subject: The mod community is dying and it is not strange.......... Reply with quote

Hi all, the last year I have seen how the CC community is dying slowly. The list from players leaving the game is bigger than the players joining it. I think that this is by these three reasons.

-Zero publicity from the last CC games. If you do not enter a CC site, you do not go to know nothing about the game.

-More of ten years with the same type of engine. The last versions added new features but at the end, they are the same game without new changes on graphics.

-Complete lack of respect to other modders, it is probably exclusive from Close Combat series.Who wants to make a new mod if your work goes to be stolen? I do not want. If my work goes to be taken without my authorization and when I give my opinion about it, I go to be ignored and the site administrators do not go defend the old rules from every mod community.......I do not like make new mods.

Probably these three reasons have their origins on other small details but I do not go to judge them because it would be bad publicity for the games.Wink

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):

-Complete lack of respect to other modders, it is probably exclusive from Close Combat series.Who wants to make a new mod if your work goes to be stolen? I do not want. If my work goes to be taken without my authorization and when I give my opinion about it, I go to be ignored and the site administrators do not go defend the old rules from every mod community.......I do not like make new mods.

I am not the authority of who mods what. I have echod the "old rules" occaisionally but it was certainly not in any official capacity. If someone takes your mod and mods it further, that is between you and him. Thats been my opinion since CCS started. If they post links in the forum to download those files from other sites, that is simply free speech. The only person who can give me a take down notice is the copyright holder themselves.

I am pretty sure none of your stolen work is hosted on this server.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:24 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Yea well when your willing to put your work/mod out there you gotta be able to accept criticism,good or bad.
If your mod or my mod sucks,It Sucks.
If it's great then it's Great.

Stealing?
Your upset because somebody stole the images you stole of the internet?
Somebody used the same Data you had with subtle changes kinda like the data you stole (From Atomic) but with subtle changes?

Come On Man.

Besides,The greatest compliment anyone can give is by using your work,inmho

I do agree the list of Modders is short,and most can't accept any criticism what so ever anymore,like throwing some half-ass crap out there and they say "Look" Here's a Mod,Come play it,Isn't it great? Embarassed
And it just takes so much time,not like many of us here are 14 living in our parents basement spitting out Mods day after day,you know?

You got something you want to share and play then do it.
If not,don't rub it in like some fucking old lady waving an angry stick in my face.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:22 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

God, here we go again. Its getting as predictable as the summer solstice.

First, I am not even sure this site is taking new content.

Next, many people here have voiced ideas on how to handle these situations, but in the end, no one here can actually enforce anything on other sites.

Its a personal decision. I suppose, one could argue in the end, if you are that worried about a mod, then copyright its material, apply for a patent, whatever you have to do.

But, back in 2006, I took your CC4 on CC5 mod, and I modified the bejeezus out of it. I made an all new UI, I used CC5 vehicles, and I didn't use your knarly strat map either.  Idea

But, I never uploaded it, because I knew you would go apeshit.  Exclamation

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:32 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

I recall the other guy who was predicting the death of CC community if he stops making mods...what was his name? Smile

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:16 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

WHO STOLE MY MOD?!

.               JUST KIDDING   Razz   Very Happy

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Yea well when your willing to put your work/mod out there you gotta be able to accept criticism,good or bad.
If your mod or my mod sucks,It Sucks.
If it's great then it's Great.
Well, i know my DOF2 mod sucks severely, because nikin told me so  Razz

Of course his opinion is more important than thousands of others  Rolling Eyes

Hey, i love constructive criticism, it helps me to improve my mod.
(hey, i even made some changes to appease Lord nikinpoop)

But, i don't appreciate it when people tell me to do what is not practicably possible because they have no understanding of the limitations that modders work with.  Shocked

To all people who want to suggest ideas to moddders:

By all means, ask for what you would like to have in their next mod.

If the modder says he can't/won't do it, just accept it.

If you don't want to accept it..........  Smile

Idea  START MODDING YOURSELF!

Stealing?
Your upset because somebody stole the images you stole of the internet?
Somebody used the same Data you had with subtle changes kinda like the data you stole (From Atomic) but with subtle changes?
YEP, i fess up  Embarassed

DOF was created with shitloads of stolen data

Mostly i stole it from the public download section at CSO

Stolen graphics, sounds, ideas, from many user created mods were used to make DOF, sometimes using stolen modding tools too.
Though, in compliance with community etiquite, i did give credits to all/most of the molested entities for their unsolicited contributions

Besides,The greatest compliment anyone can give is by using your work,inmho
Yeah man

Actually i think it was cool that RD_DeathDealer made some submods for DOF2  Cool

Had always invisaged that there would be submods made for DOF

If i had the nescesary time, i think it would be great to have made some Unit submods of DOF, following the tradition of the Grossdeutschland mod.

In particular, a submod that followed the history of the 13th Panzer Division would have been a good one.

Equipment availabilities could be restricted to the very same AFVs the 13th Pz.Div. had during each season of the war.

Operations, that followed the Division's actual engagements.

The Soviet equipment, AFVs also limited to the exact stuff the 13th Pz.Div. encountered.

If somebody had the time to do all the nescesary research, i would be willing to do some of the data editing  Smile

And it just takes so much time,not like many of us here are 14 living in our parents basement spitting out Mods day after day,you know?

Man it sucks up time!

Actually getting a life has severely handicapped my ability to mod CC  Shocked

99% of the work making DOF & DOF2 was done when i was both single and unemployed

Hey, i don't realy play anymore (my regular H2H buddy has been too busy with his new business), but i still intend to complete the 3rd and final version of DOF.

Why?

Dunno  Confused

Guess i just gotta keep my word to the community

and my buddy and i WILL start playing again one day,....... i hope  Confused

Dima wrote (View Post):
I recall the other guy who was predicting the death of CC community if he stops making mods...what was his name? Smile
He wasn't French, was he?

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Tue May 22, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):

He wasn't French, was he? .

Na, I belive he spoke Frensh, but his name was Poirot, and he was from Belgium!

/S

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

Yes reminds of when PJ was starting threads about how Salhexe did not have permission to mod his mod.  Sorry but nobody has copyright on mods.  It is CC community resource.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Modding CC isn't Dead,It's just down right Sloooooowwwww.

Might not be the Mod everyone is waiting for but so far TT's VETBoB importing to WAR has given you Trees on the .OVM's (A first)
And the next upgrade is to include
266 Weapons Class's
279 Soldier Class's
304 Allied Teams
292 Axis teams
Compaired to the stock game that has
72 Soldier  Class's
141 Weapon Class's
93 Allied teams
148 Axis teams

The extras Class's/Teams will allow for the game to finally have a True different setting for each well.....ahh setting (Another First)

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

I am pretty sure none of your stolen work is hosted on this server.

You do not defend to the people modding from the first moment that you let a thread from a mod made with stolen stuff.

[quote]Modding CC isn't Dead,It's just down right Sloooooowwwww.

CC modding is dying. How many people have downloaded a mod on one year? 100? if it is not dying........and please I have stats from ten years ago. I know very well how the number of people playing this game has lowed.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

CC modding is dying. How many people have downloaded a mod on one year? 100? if it is not dying........and please I have stats from ten years ago. I know very well how the number of people playing this game has lowed.

Hi there FF

If 100 people have downloaded a mod in a year, then how can that equal that the moding community is dying?

My guess:
If only 100 people have downloaded a mod in the last year, it’s either a sign of low interest of the mod, or the whole community is dying...

Im not refuting that the community is dying, it seems very slow to me.

The moders seem to be at it still, GJS is ported to TLD and LSA, and new maps are being made. Stalingrad is ported and new maps is made. AGS is at DOF again, ver 3 is in pipeline. Dima work with his stuff as usual, and Privateryan and Dak produces stuff at regular basis. TJ and SL are at Meuse, and a convert to 64 maps may be next?…  Salhex provide vet mods at regular intervals. Gary and Dak is doing a EF mod with HEX strat map... First ever in CC? Dave work on a WaR based mod. Buck and Pete are at there german 45 mod. And there are others who work to, so the names I mention are just from the top of my head. So moders are at it..

The phase is slower as Dave point out, that’s not so strange is it? I mean, we are all 15 years older, and family kids and such,,,

The question is:
Why is the game dying?
What can be done to reverse this?

/S

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox's posts are dying. Intrest in his opinion is dying.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:48 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Close combat is not finished, nor its community!

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:35 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Yes bad timing Nomada coz Slitherine has firm plan to release a net new CC Series game in Q4.

Then we get a brand new engine next year.  Modders will be back.

But they need to do a better job of sales distribution to recruit more new fans.  I remember you could buy CC2 or CC3 everyplace when Microsoft ran it.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:36 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

The CC community would be healthier if certain modders were more accepting of people "stealing their work", took it as flattery, which it is, and worked with the to further it rather than crying like a little bitch!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

I cant understand why Nomada isnt hired by the game developers...

All the sounds, graphics, modtools aso he has developed for "his" mods without "stealing" anything from the dying CC community is an art... i must say.. Shocked

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 am Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):

Hi there FF

If 100 people have downloaded a mod in a year, then how can that equal that the moding community is dying?

My guess:
If only 100 people have downloaded a mod in the last year, it’s either a sign of low interest of the mod, or the whole community is dying...

Im not refuting that the community is dying, it seems very slow to me.

The moders seem to be at it still, GJS is ported to TLD and LSA, and new maps are being made. Stalingrad is ported and new maps is made. AGS is at DOF again, ver 3 is in pipeline. Dima work with his stuff as usual, and Privateryan and Dak produces stuff at regular basis. TJ and SL are at Meuse, and a convert to 64 maps may be next?…  Salhex provide vet mods at regular intervals. Gary and Dak is doing a EF mod with HEX strat map... First ever in CC? Dave work on a WaR based mod. Buck and Pete are at there german 45 mod. And there are others who work to, so the names I mention are just from the top of my head. So moders are at it..

The phase is slower as Dave point out, that’s not so strange is it? I mean, we are all 15 years older, and family kids and such,,,

The question is:
Why is the game dying?
What can be done to reverse this?

/S

@Stalky

You Forgot to say that:

Also.....DAK_Legion had time to PORT CCTLD_GJS4.4_TRSMV0982

he never even received THANKS!

heia Safari!!

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:56 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
@Stalky You Forgot to say that: he never even received THANKS!

Well I belive he did recive just that.
He recived it at: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:19 pm in his PM.

Se attached image for full detail...

thanx dak 23rd.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.5 KB
 Viewed:  52954 Time(s)

thanx dak 23rd.jpg

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Good,Good!

Check your PM...Maybe  you have too many messages to answer :wink:

@Dima.....You read the same message Stalky....is unable to respond from Russia??

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  148.87 KB
 Viewed:  52940 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.56 KB
 Viewed:  52940 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

heia Safari!!

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: The mod community is dying and it is not strange........ Reply with quote

Yeh, what are you saying here?

Let’s start from square one ok.

Mate, listen here really really really carefully, ok.

1)Before you sent those files, you have NEVER ever communicated with me. Not through MSN, not through e-mail, and not through PM here at CCS.
2)So one day, from a blue sky come some files from you, a conversion of TRSM into TLD. Cool. Wow. But I dont play TLD or any of the CC-rereleses... Didnt you know that? !
3)So, what are you demanding of me? You got a thank you for sending files that I never asked for! Thanx again.
4)As we have not spoken, where did you get the idea that I was to be your mod-tester? When did I agree to that? I have never agreed to test for you. And I have never agreed to be on your mod-team either. Heck, you never talked to me and asked me if I wanted to be a part of this in a way or another…. You assumed something… wrong.

You just sent some files from the blue sky…. I said thanx… And I meant that sincerely. I also think it may be interesting to get GJS-TRSM into TLD… Who knows, one day I may play it….? Maybe after the next TLD patch, or the one after that…  .. ..  

But, listen here mate. IF you are not my wife you should not expect me to dance after your pipe just because you want me to do this or that and make plans for me. OK; general rule, if your not Mrs Stalky or Mrs Secretary or the Dean, don’t expect me to do stuff just because YOU want me to do that…. ASK FIRST, if I want to do it, if I have time to do it, if I even play the game version your working with, before you decide that im to do this or that for you…

For you see, if you forget that, it will all be silly.

I have no problem with you, and never had an argument with you. And I have no intention to having either with you. OK:
Please consider that you have gone a bit to far here.

Ok

/Stalky

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: