Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

If you play against the AI - is it recommended to play as the Krauts or Allies?  

Also is there any way to trade-up to the DVD version instead of the downloadable version if you have the serial # ?  I really want to install this on my new Intel Mac. Apple really hit a home run with this amazing new technology to run Windows natively.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

arkturas

Rep: 8.5

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Personally part of the appeal of playing CC is that you can play as either the Axis or the Allies. - in the original CC A Bridge too far I ran through the Allies campaign first but I also enjoyed the Axis campaign.

With regards to installing Close Combat on your mac, I don't believe a native installation on your Mac (intel) is possible. You need to use something like VMware for Mac or some other hypervisor product that allows you to run a virtual version of windows on your Mac (this is what I do)
You can also use 'Boot Camp' to dual boot OSX/Windows.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:34 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I think I get the best gaming-experience when I play as the attacker in any CC game, so in LSA it's as the Allies. The AI seems to have problems organising and executing an attack, it tends to be a rather dull game then with a lot of waiting and/or slaughter.

(CC5; Battle of Berlin, with Salhexe vetmod is the exception that confirms this rule; -there you really have to fight for the survival of your troops when the 'Bolshevik Hordes' steam-wheels your lines!)

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I have completed a GC as the allies and found it quite challenging, holding on to Arnhem was tough and probably only succeeded having force moral on. I have nearly completed GC as Axis which was much easier although I had force moral off, which helped a bit too much as small almost completely destroyed groups could hold on to some vital maps. I will try the reverse later.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

It's on Sale,better buy while you can!

Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem - Originally $39.99, now $39.99!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3118387

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

lol

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

It's a sale in that the price didn't go up

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Looks like the sale just got a beta patch.  Laughing

Now reads.......
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem - Originally $39.99, now $29.99!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:17 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Over time, I have hinted to Matrix, that if this price could just be lowered to $19.99 or even $9.99, I MIGHT be a buyer.  Laughing   Confused

I am just wondering, but will someone (maybe DAK_Legion), port LSA to PITF.  Question  Idea

So maybe Cathartes, or anyone who is doing a port project to LSA, can suspend operations long enough to determine if the proper port target should be PITF.   Laughing

I have also been wondering what the arrival of PITF will do to Tejszd's Should I Buy a CC Game decision chart.  Laughing

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

arkturas wrote (View Post):
CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing

Yes

arkturas

Rep: 8.5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Lots of comments have spun from the original post - some good some not so good, the truth is any of the CC series of games are great, from the modded originals to the remakes. Many of us have committed countless hours giving orders to soldiers and watching with intent as they follow them out - or not Smile.

Whist I agree to the purest out there are issues in the re-releases but we have to remember that no software is without its bugs. At the end of the day they bring allot of new faces to our world and help the community grow.

I have to say one more thing, kudos to Mooxe, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion for keeping the site maintained (at there own expense minus donations!) all these years without there contribution we wouldn't have have this great resource.

All the best
Gareth

ThomasLidstrom

Rep: 4.1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

My advice to you is to have a look at ebay.
I just bought a copy of CC:LSA for around 13€!

Now I want to find all mods to it

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: