Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 am Post subject: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

Hi
I'm looking for a campaing where the AI won't sit there for 15 min and actually attack me...
the thing is that I don't have time to run an online campaing.

Anyone has a proposition? I'm usualy a big fan of West front battle  Razz
But never manage to play axis because the AI lacks of offensive.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:44 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

Play as the attacking force, Allies, in tLD - solved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:08 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Play as the attacking force, Allies, in tLD - solved.

Don't listen to schrecken.  He speaks only rubbish.

The solution is simple.

Play Battle of Berlin with Salhexe's 3.5 German vetmod and prepare to get destroyed.  Have you had a chance to see my current BoB playthrough? I've posted several videos on my youtube channel.  You'll see the insanity you can expect to face on them.

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:51 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

Yep, Salhexe's Berlin mod is THE mod when you want to play defensively against the ai.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

... or play as Finns in either the winter war or Karealea mods... a pity neither of these mods ahs been ported to tLD, the AI seems more aggressive there

zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

CC4 with VetBoB and vetmods is very challenging. AI is really good here and can give you some hard times. Highly recommended.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

Yes TT's CC4 mod is really top notch if you want a tough fight against AI.  Or even the original CC2 game for that matter.

Another...PJ's (despite his narcissism)  CC5 mods for Der Kessel / Stalingrad are also excellent.  Not sure how he did it. Smaller maps and he did some unique mods to get the AI much more aggressive.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:54 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

Hi guys, i realy dont understand all this complaining about the AI not being agressive enough  Confused

Is it just a problem with CC5  Question

In my experience with CC3, i have found the AI is TOO AGGRESSIVE  Twisted Evil for its own good!

In operations when the AI is supposed to be on the defensive, it attacks!  Rolling Eyes

This makes it too easy to win offensive operations because you can deploy defensively, then, after the AI has wasted half its strength in attacking the attacking force, i attack a weakened defensive force and take ground.
When playing the AI, i limit battles to 12 minutes, as i find it is too easy to make the AI flee, handing me the map, because the AI cannot cope with the pressure for any longer.

What makes it worse is i can make the AI flee when playing an operation where the AI is supposed to be on the offensive.
What could be more stupid than retreating when you need to advance to win the operation.

If only somebody, would/could offer a way to make CC3's AI unable to flee so it would NEVER flee, then it would make CC3/COI much more challenging for playing the AI

Yes, i have experienced some occaisions where the AI "camps" and does not attack.
Usually, i put this down to VL placements that dont suit the AI

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat defensive campaing Reply with quote

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
Hi guys, i realy dont understand all this complaining about the AI not being agressive enough  Confused

Is it just a problem with CC5  Question

I got only CC3, 4 & 5 and I would say that all these games have crippled AI. And this is much more noticeable when AI is attacking since being offensive side is always much more difficult (both in RL and games).

In my experience with CC3, i have found the AI is TOO AGGRESSIVE  Twisted Evil for its own good!

In operations when the AI is supposed to be on the defensive, it attacks!  Rolling Eyes

Yes, and that's a big drawback in CC3 imo. Ever wondered if there's a fix for that problem?

If only somebody, would/could offer a way to make CC3's AI unable to flee so it would NEVER flee, then it would make CC3/COI much more challenging for playing the AI

I don't know but maybe you could try to raise morale up? Btw, in CC3 AI is supposed to flee in early stage of GC (Operation Barbarossa). Actually I can't recall seeing Soviets fleeing in later operations?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info

Jump to: