Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:06 pm Post subject: the future Reply with quote

I just prepare myself...  Wink

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Is that from the unity engine Manoi?

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Doesnt look much like Stalingrad.

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Doesnt look much like Stalingrad.
.            Yes it does!

That is a perfect reproduction of Stalingrad in 1632AD (The city's very first wooden house)

All cities are towns that got bigger and all towns are villages that got bigger and most villages began as a single farm house.

Well done Manoi.....

..........only 17,382 buildings to go to reach the city's 1942 appearance  Very Happy

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Manoi

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:30 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

It is done in blender and I have just begun to work in 3D for 2 weeks.
It is just a try...

and I remember that Stalingrad was composed at more than 60% of workers wooden huts...  Wink

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Pro's and Con's to 3D or semi-3D for Unity engine.  I still think the traditional top-down 2D view is the best for large scale combat with multiple units/squads/vehicles.  

Even in today's high-tech combat operations, we use Satellite feeds which are exactly the same top down view for commanders to view remotely.

But I think it is good that Slitherine is trying something new.  Glad they are taking over the future of CC.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

It is just an assumption on my part,

But I am thinking this 3d engine, will allow for that over the top view. (A lot of them do not).

If true, you will probably be able to zoom in and out the resulting perspective.

Then, the race will be on for 3d models, and maps, if they provide a map editor to users.

bernd_nowak

Rep: 11.5

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

While I see the advantages of 3D with a 'fixed' iso view like we had it in 2D with the advantage of a zoom in/out the main problems I see are soldier 3D models. trees and such and for sure tanks. So I'm a bit skeptical while I still love the idea Smile
It's something new but I have tried some of the newer 3D 'RTS' stuff with WWII and strange enough the CC 2D  world is the one I love most. But I'm looking forward Smile

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Good points  Exclamation

For someone, who has collected hundreds of the best maps CC has to offer. I do find it hard to believe that the 3D engine is going to produce graphics that wont be bland and generic.

Manoi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

the training continues... :)

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:51 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Did you see there's suppose to be a map editor for PiTF?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:25 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Very nice Manio!!!

Manoi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Did you see there's suppose to be a map editor for PiTF?

I think that for Pitf you will have to use the actual tools to make maps. For the next gen CC there will be normally a map editor (I say normally as I think this next gen cc game is only in a conception stage)

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Using a 3d Engine does ´t necessarily downgrades de texture graphics. As long as an orthographic view is maintained pixel perfect textures can be rendered.

Dont know wish rout they are going. I´v made those using Unity Free (no realtime shadows)

same assets different colors

Those are layers of PNGs on top of each other (there are mistakes, like "white borders" but those are on me)
The engine can output whatever the artist can make in pixel perfect. With additional shader controll, realtime shadows  and effects.

Basically its still down to the individual talent, its just the tools/ options that get extended.

I really hope they go for a similar 2d asset pipeline and make the terrain elevation a separate mesh for physics line of sight etc. This would allow for the same talent that produced CC maps to keep on with the new engine.

Manoi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:11 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

looks good ttorpedo. Have you modeled all the scene? Which soft do you use to create your 3D models?

TTorpedo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:56 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

A mix,
I use Sketchup for anything architectural (the house above).  and VUE, for terrain/ nature  vegetation (all the trees are stock vue that I altered )
The character was made in poser + animations and export as sprites
It was rendered in Vue
Then Photoshoped
Then Unity,

Actually very Little 3d modeling in all. Everything is a sprite. Old school CC!

Manoi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

it seems you control a lot of grafics software. If the next gen cc games are worth it, I think you will be very helpful! Wink

TTorpedo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

Just read over the  PITF forum.. Think they´r going full 3d. Better keep learning unity then Smile

Manoi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:51 am Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

as they plan to release a map editor, learning unity is not essential. I just hope that we will be able to import our own 3D models (vehicles, buildings, etc...). I'm actually busy with blender.

TTorpedo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm Post subject: Re: the future Reply with quote

If it lets you import any 3d resource should be ok.
Just would be more accessible to if they kept the 2d sprite approach. You could export your sprite + animations and throw in the game 3d collider to support the physics impacts etc. or keep the all thing in code old CC way.

Unity engine its really accessible, if you can work your way around Blender Unity should be easy and for the same price!

Couldn't get in to Blender when I tried some years ago, and since i got sketchup (free to) couldn't go back, it lacks the render, animation, CGI tools off the big boys, but for fast prototyping concepts its a breeze, the real time shadows alone is like magic! and there's a plug-in for everything including top renders like V-ray etc.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: