Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 pm Post subject: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

Played only a few battles in CC5 so far but can't see or hear those rocket launchers:/ Are there any actually in CC5?

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:27 am Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

zoober wrote (View Post):
Played only a few battles in CC5 so far but can't see or hear those rocket launchers:/ Are there any actually in CC5?

No they would over power such a small battle, there are in one of the Stalingrad mods and thats what Happens!

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:10 am Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

In one of my private mods, before my DOF mod, i did have Nebelwerfers.

To balance the game i gave the Russians KV2s with indirect fire too.

The game degenerated into a battle between the Nebelwerfers and the KV2s, as very powerful indirect fire weapons just totally dominated the game.

We played a few games, just for a lark, then the Nebelwerfers and indirect fire KV2s were removed

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

zoober

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 pm Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

Ok, but how about changing only the sounds for Germans off-map artillery/mortar barrages? Would be nice to hear those evil screaming sounds instead of normal in-game blasts, don't you think? Rolling Eyes

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

TT's Vetmod has them for CC5. 251/1 Nebelwerfer carriers attached to some units, Spotters that fire them as well.

I have an issue if anyone has played TT's vetmod in CC5. 251/1 nebelwerfer carrier to actually fire, even when it *HAS* a LOS. Have not been able to get those to fire yet, either them for acquiring a target, or ordering them to. The spotters perform perfectly with a LOS as they are intended.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

zoober

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:53 pm Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
TT's Vetmod has them for CC5. 251/1 Nebelwerfer carriers attached to some units, Spotters that fire them as well.

Thanks for that - I even didn't know that TT made a vetmod for CC5 (I thought he quit after releasing  vetBoB for CC4).

Btw, there's also a plugin for Nebelwerfers for CC5:
Quote:
Main Features:
Nebelwerfer 41, Plugin Version;
- Nebel Werfer 15cm has been added
- In-game Nebel Werfer vehicle graphics

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=409

It looks like nobody plays classic CC5 these days.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

IMO, the CC5 version is much better than the CC4 version and add the repainted maps found here:

TT repainted maps

It makes it much better and kind of like a rebuilt campaign altogether compared to the CC4 version. Don't expect units anywhere near full strength either and many have weak (grenadier/Spahtrup) as core makeup.

Am currently nearly finished and this one, thus far is the best.. Or until Platoon_Michael gets the time to implement the finishing touches on the WAR one more than likely. Reduced amount of troops, Spotters must have LOS, Schreck/Bazookas only fire outside of buildings etc..

If you try the CC5 one, take a look at it with TT's repainted map pack linked above. Many look gorgeous.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

zoober

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

Those repainted maps are also available for CC4:) But are you trying to say that CC5 version of VetBoB is different from the original?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

Those repainted maps are also available for CC4:) But are you trying to say that CC5 version of VetBoB is different from the original?

The addition of the forcepool is the main difference.

Both are nice in different ways. I would suggest trying both. They play very different, as does the one in WAR and are all very enjoyable. IMO? The best mod for CC, but that is just me of course. The CC5 and WAR are splendid with the forcepool.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:10 am Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):

I have an issue if anyone has played TT's vetmod in CC5. 251/1 nebelwerfer carrier to actually fire, even when it *HAS* a LOS. Have not been able to get those to fire yet, either them for acquiring a target, or ordering them to. The spotters perform perfectly with a LOS as they are intended.

The 251/1 has a minimum range to help balance the game out due to the overwhelming effect.
I don't know what it is but I do remember it being pretty far.
That's why it doesn't fire.
Also has a very long reload time,chances are you will find it hard to use more than once in a Battle.

Same goes for CCIV

zoober

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

@johnsilver
Thank you for your comments on VetBoB for CC5 and WaR. I'll definitely try its CC5 incarnation.

@platoon_michael
Actually I could swear I heard once those rocket launchers in TT's VetBoB but can't recall what map was it:( But I'm pretty sure it was while playing the latest version of this mod. Now I got installed 1.11 and haven't seen/heard any Nebelwerfers.

But I asked about them here because I was watching documentary "Battlefield II - The Battle for Caen" and found out that they caused huge casualties among Allied troops. Here's that part of this film:

Link

(You can >> to 3:45 to check info on Nebelwerfers in Normandy.)

I didn't know about that but it'd suggest that these rocket launchers were broadly used by Germans. So I thought it'd nice to have them in CC5 since they played a significant role. But if it's gonna break the balance in game then it's fine the way it is now;)

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:39 am Post subject: Re: nebelwerfers? Reply with quote

Quote:
But if it's gonna break the balance in game then it's fine the way it is now;)

I cannot think of anything worse to totally destroy the other side than the awful and way too powerful artillery that both CC4 and CC5 have for the called in artillery barrage that is allowed on some turns. Not only do those 2 CC games have far more powerful than WAR, but the amount of shells landing seems to be nearly double and that is for both axis and allied.

The axis can only call in on the initial maps at least, something good, but allows the player to waltz thru those on turn 1 with ease. The WAR artillery is much weaker thankfully and the CC4/5 mortar support is heavy mortar also. Just heavier support in general.

I do like the heavy mortar support, was just a surprise and maybe a fe less each turn, though I did limit to 1-2 each day due to power.

Maybe because was used to the WAR version also? The CC5 one is nice however as a change for a bit and did start a 2nd campaign.

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: