Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:42 pm Post subject: Known CC5 GJS Bugs Reply with quote

If someone could further explain these, please do. If you have more to add, please add them. I have found some bugs in a recent GC that I previously never knew about.

1. I retreated from the beaches on June 6th except for my unit at Courselles. When we played Courselles, the Allied deploy was on the West exit VL, not on the beach. Can this be fixed by way of HEX editing the GC file?

2. My opponent was in full supply when he attacked Bayeux. Once he entered Bayeux, he had no supply. Before he moved he had no supply line back to the beaches, but the unit was 100% anyways. He moved another unit at the same time to open up the supply. To go to Bayeux. It took 1 turn for supply to catch up. Is this a bug or feature?

3. I previously thought that Airborne units lost supply after 4 or 5 days of fighting cut off. My opponent said that wouldnt happen. However I remember it happening a long time ago in another GC. Fact or fiction?

Ok found answer to #3 in manual...

Also, airborne units now start the campaign game behind enemy lines; airborne units start with five days of supplies, from which they draw exclusively until exhaustion; after that, they must be connected to a supply depot by the road network in order to be in supply

Last edited by mooxe on Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i play a GC versus sieterayos.

he had one my 12th SS BG cut off from supply in Buron...in abbaye d'ardenne my 21st Panzer unit held at the end of one match only 2 VLs (the east and west exit VLs)...So i was holding in abbaye d'ardenne really only bridheads 50x50m each with the 21st.

Next round:Then i moved the 12th to abbaye d'ardenne and the 21st elsewhere. The 12th SS was suddenly in full supply again although it hold only the entering VL in the east of the map.

is that a bug? is it possible to supply cut off units by only holding the exit VLs but with no real existing clear path on the map?

To brave men few words are as good as many

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

To get supply to a certain map you must have a clear path from that map to a major supply depot on the strategic map. It doesn't matter if in said map your units are spreaded on opposing sides of the map, if you can trace the path from the exit your are holding thru an uncontested path on the strategic map to a major supply depot from your side, you will be on supply.

Hope that makes sense.

bkp_mik

Rep: 3.6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one observation concerning AB units. Its true they have supply for 5 full days of fighting, though cut off. After this time they lose supply.
Normally, if a team loses over 60% men, it disappears from a bg. If a bg is cut of, this rule is being cancelled. If even 1 man survives, the whole team can be retreated to FP and is not lost. One can then get a brand new team from FP. But this does not concern cut off AB bgs I noticed. Though they lose supply, somehow 60% rule keeps working as if it was not. Funny, isn't it?

bkp_mik

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one more bug connected with battlegroup attributes. Its not true with a tie german bg wins it and enters british map. With same bg speed bgs will just pass each other, taking destination maps. Bug like hell

dehm

Rep: 28.3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Idont know if it's a CC5 5.01 Bug or a GJS's one but it happensto me playing GJS Mod so i will post it here. If, playing as allies, i use reinforce but i cancel before apply th german player will see since that operation that BG as reinforced though i have not.

It's all. Not a great one but... it happens.

thanks

dehm

bkp_mik

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another thing about reinforcing. When you play german side and make right corner checking of the allied force pool, you may be fooled with almost depleted bg.
The force pool you see, when a bg suffers too much loses, will be as if it was reinforced, thouhg your opponent might not have reinforced. The FP you see presents the bg comp would have deciding to reinforce. Therefore in an almost depleted bg you wont know (unless the oponnent tells you) what kind of equipment is left.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hit the "revert" button, and you will see the true FP.

bkp_mik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mac, works Smile

KOR7

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i'v got dude Laughing

Clan 10 Brigade of Panzer Cavalery
Captain
Leader of 10 Dragon Regiment

Klan 10 Brygada kawaleri pancernej(BKP)
Rotmistrz
Dowódca 10 pulku Dragonów

7A_Bjorn

Rep: 24.2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

map coding bug on hermanville

watch out - it looks like hedge but its coded as grassy field so there is a bigger gap that is east west even though it looks like a small diagonal opening

see below, red circles are where my cursor shows grassy field and not hedge:

Chaoswizkid

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:17 am Post subject: Re: Known GJS Bugs Reply with quote

Not sure if this will ever affect anything, considering the mod's age, but...

This is a screenshot I took while playing the GJS v44 mod, chopped because I have a very slow connection so uploading wouldn't take forever.
As you can see, there's something very peculiar going on. My two Jagdpanzer IVs were firing at what was clearly out of LOS for them. In fact, the blue dot I have an arrow pointing to on the minimap is one of the Jagdpanzers, which, on top of having to shoot through the hedgerows that's near it, it's also shooting through the 2 story building just above the spot I have singled out.

Needing to investigate, I find that it doesn't even have a terrain type and the elevation is at 88 meters. This is clearly a glitch of some sort, for more reasons than one (The fact that infantry can crawl up an 80+ meter sheer incline with no penalty... yeah).

The map is Bretteville.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:31 am Post subject: Re: Known GJS Bugs Reply with quote

what map?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: Known GJS Bugs Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
what map?

Bretteville.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:06 am Post subject: Re: Known GJS Bugs Reply with quote

the reinforce botton can be used more than one time so allied player needs to keep a record!

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

Jump to: