Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 am Post subject: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Soon i will begin the gargantuan task of rebuilding the DOF Campaign Operations.

This will include 6 all new Campaign operations which will increase the number of DOF Campaign operations from DOF2's 42 to DOF3's 48!

This will mean it will take 3 consecutive 16 Op Campaigns to play them all (that should keep the Grognards busy)

There are enough suitable new custom maps to make the new OPs + enougn to replace a few old maps in the original 42 OPs.

The default campaign operations will be the set for H2H play

Then there will be 2 campaign operation sets for the 3 submods for playing the AI;

Russian v German AI

SS v Russian AI  &

Wehrmacht v Russian AI

DOF3 will be released for both CC3 & COI

So!.........

Here's the thing...............

COI has many great new maps

It would be KCoolCoolL if they could be included in the DOF3 Camp Ops

BUT...

Here's the thing...............

If they were, then CC3 players could not play the DOF3 campaigns because their version does not have the new stock COI maps.

Unless of course, the maps were available for download  Rolling Eyes

The option of creating 3 seperate sets of Camp OPs each for COI & CC3 is ......  Shocked

Out of the question (or DOF3's release would be set back at least another YEAR!)

That leaves me only one logical alternative......

So that both versions can play the same DOF3 Campaign operation sets.....

The DOF3 Campaign Operations cannot include any of the new COI maps  Sad

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

Impeccible logic!  Smile  

Well done & .........  Oy!  

:)

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 am Post subject: Re: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

Oy! or I thought the Brits spell it differently Oi!

AGS sounds good.   Just started playing CoI again...looking for some new mods.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 pm Post subject: Re: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

Hey DJ

Realy, what i wanted to hear back was:

The new COI maps will be made available for download so that CC3 players can use them to play DOF3 Camp OPs that contain COI maps.

Then i could include COI maps in the DOF3 Camp OPs  Very Happy

After all, are not CC5 maps available for CC3 players to use, even if they dont own the CC5 game....?

I know, i could personally make the 1GB+ DOF3 MapPack and put the COI maps in myself   Cool

BUT, is this ethically acceptable?

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Slyguy3129

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

People should upgrade to CC CoI, if CC3 is holding back further development of CoI.

Again if that be the case dump CC3.

"Why So Serious?!"

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:43 am Post subject: Re: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

Slyguy3129 wrote (View Post):
People should upgrade to CC CoI, if CC3 is holding back further development of CoI.

Again if that be the case dump CC3.
The problem is is that many people (myself included) are not very keen on COI. Personally, the only thing i like about COI is the new maps  Cool

So many people dont need/want to pay money for COI.

COI has some bugs, that for some, make the COI unenjoyable to play (e.g. soldiers under fire).

Personally, i still use CC3 for modding purposes, i will release a DOF3 mod for CC3 and somebody will just COIinize it for COI like what was donr for DOF2.

The COI maps can be included because i also have the COI CD.

What i want is for the COI maps made available for the CC3 DOF3 mappack

Then DOF3 may even have 64 Campaign operations instead of 48 (oh no  Shocked , so much work )

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

iawra

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

First of all, congratulations for the mod, where I spent a lot of enjoyable hours.

iawra wrote (View Post):
I managed to finish the Der Ost Front 2.0 grand campaign on hero difficulty. Nevertheless, I found the difficulty curve in a nice balanced positive slope until "Stalingrad Final", being the most challenging operation. Passed that point the game becomes easier, getting points in excess even in hero difficulty...  It's like the balance in forces are upside down in relation to the history events, or something... Despite this fact, I enjoined a lot the mod, specially the ten first operations.

I'm not into modding, at least for cc, and my understanding of AI mechanics is limited. Maybe the AI got a lot more points than me in those last operations mentioned, but was unable to spend it correctly. For example, he always keep two recon units (3 guys), instead of spending the unit slots in a recon tank, a recon vehicle or a recon squad... furthermore, he used a lot of AT units (2 guys with an at rifle), which are almost useless except for the vehicles and very light tanks, and became a waste of unit slot space.
As a solution, maybe you can get rid of all those small men units, so the AI won't use it. Or balance the points so that the human side won't be able to disband half of he's army and rebuild it with FJ troops and Panthers.

In addition, in three operations, the use of tanks become almost useless (in part because they are always mired). In "Stalingrad Finale" the russian AI keeps spending points on tanks and more tanks, unable to cross my AT guns line of fire. If instead of tanks he used heavy infantry, he would overrun me for sure.
After "Stalingrad Finale", if as a german your forces were defeated completely (as in history), you start a new german offensive operation with 50 points to rebuild your army, which makes it really really difficult.

"The last german offensive" and "The balaton offensive" are the other two operations which tanks are almost useless, specially in those forest maps. And the AI keeps using it in the middle of the woods... In addition, this two last operations have a very bad looking maps...

And talking about maps, the caucas operation maps, got really really narrow points where tanks are only allowed to cross (In one of them only vehicles and small tanks can cross). If I managed to cross this points, its because I was playing against the AI, but against a human, is a no go.

As a last complaint, I missed a lot the last operation being the useless defence of Berlin under heavy (heavy!) artillery.

I hope my recent feedback on completing the campaign will help you on DoF 3. I will be pleased to help and test the AI campaigns in any possible manner.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 am Post subject: Re: Here's the thing............... Reply with quote

Hi AGS,

Not heard from you in a while..

Any progress on DOF3?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: