Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Slyguy3129

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:49 am Post subject: H2H Notice Reply with quote

Hey guys. Have been getting back into CC here lately again.

I'm going to be on Game Ranger in the afternoons and evenings (CST) to play GCs for CC: TLD, WaR, LSA, CoI. The first will assist in the team picks and settings.

Just to let those who check and want to play. It will be labeled, "GC LSA/WaR/TLD/CoI your choice MUST HAVE LATEST PATCHES!", my handle is "KGB0806". Please have the latest patches from Matrix.

Hope to see some of you on the battlefield!

"Why So Serious?!"

Slyguy3129

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 am Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

Not finding many players online. If anyone is online during 5pm-2am (CST) message me (KGB0806) for a game. I'll be online playing whatever different version I have.

"Why So Serious?!"

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 am Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

you should play US Brake he is the only other player i know that uses Never act on intiative turned off! but he is a nice guy...so u two will not get on!

Tiger

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

Yes, I prefer 100% realism settings with CC3 or COI.

Ten years ago we often debated which was better 95% vs 100% realism. 100% realism requires the player to keep tabs on teams so they don't move on their own inititive, this is challenging in a match that has a lot of things going on. Instead of learning how to play the game at 100% correctly, many players just changed the settings to 95%. One positive feature of 100% realism is troops will sometimes take the initiative and do good things like attack and destroy an enemy unit without you giving orders.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Slyguy3129

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

Yep for anyone that wants to play it will be 100% realism. As I am going to be the one playing the GC all the time, and other players will be playing against me, the rules will be what I want. Thats just how it was in the old days of multiplayer gaming.

I can't ever imagine playing the game without 100% realism. Thats like watching the Pre-Game to the Super Bowl and turning it off. Or getting head and stopping before full blown sex. Crazy things have apparently happened over the years I have been gone.

EDIT: The thing that terrifies me about Tigers post, only one other person plays like that. Ugh, why even play the game if you aren't going to play it the way it was intended. Its like those people who buy a game, and cheat to beat it. Not any fun at all.

"Why So Serious?!"

US_Brake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

With few online players available on any given night, I tend to play anything I can. But tradition is for host to choose settings and guest to choose side.

I will never forget GS_Guderian back in the zone playing cases ladder. The dude refuse to ever let me host since I play 100%. What a f@*!

tigercub is a good opponent. Whatever the settings.  Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Slyguy3129

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 am Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

Oh God, Zone Cases Ladder. That, that brings back old old memories.

Oh I'm sure hes a great opponent. But there is absolutely no chance that one player that I might play once, will determine the realism settings for MY entire online GC.

Stickler for the old rules I guess.

"Why So Serious?!"

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

I'm up for Cross of Iron games. Plenty of new Ops to play as well.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=28

Gen_ Bernard Law Montgomery and Lt_ Gen_ George S_ Patton.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.97 KB
 Viewed:  374 Time(s)

Gen_ Bernard Law Montgomery and Lt_ Gen_ George S_ Patton.jpg

Last edited by US_Brake on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Slyguy3129

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:48 am Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

While COI and its never ending LOS isn't exactly my flavor (Don't ask why I bought it, I guess I'm an idiot Very Happy) and the fact that the GC to me just isn't as engaging as War and LSA and TLD with the ability to control where the next battle is (given, there probably no way to do it that way). And that's not mentioning the machinegun deadly accurate mortars.

I guess what I am saying, and this might hurt your feelings because believe it or not, I remember you from the Case days (in fact I'm sure I played you a quite few times, don't remember my name in it though) and I know CC3/COI is your favorite, I'm just not that big on it. I expected more than just updating the code. The only aspect thats different from it that I do enjoy, is the points system in which you pick units. Wish they would not have done away with that, but oh well.

I've been busy as of late, school is starting back up (not a student work for the College) and things have gotten busy again. I'll be around when I'm able and if we are on at the same time we can play. But I'm not a fan of ops either, and have always been leery of custom made map ops for online play. I am certainly not suggesting you rig them, by any means. Yet it is indeed something that picks at the back of my brain.

Oh well, I guess in the CC world we are all beggars and we can't be choosers.

"Why So Serious?!"

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:28 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

COI is good for multiplayer. It has the scenario editor.

When you have limited time to play each night a new single day battle on a variety of mods is fun. Each player takes turn hosting and creating new battle each time. Guest chooses side. Takes 5 mins to make a battle and 20 mins to play it.

Low point Operations 3-15 days/turns may be the best quality experience you can get from COI.

Grand Campaigns are fun but it's hard to ever complete one online.

"always been leery of custom made map ops for online play"

The best part of this game is custom maps and player made ops for online play Sly. Making a balanced battle can be as fun as playing the game.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:03 am Post subject: Re: H2H Notice Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
I'm up for Cross of Iron games. Plenty of new Ops to play as well.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=28  

monty and patton hated each other...lol

both ego mad man any way...one more than the other.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: