Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 am Post subject: Herr Hauptfeldwebel vs US_Brake Reply with quote

Herr Hauptfeldwebel defeats US_Brake on 15 day Op as Germans!

Good Game!

000024.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.71 KB
 Viewed:  246 Time(s)

000024.jpg

000015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.49 KB
 Viewed:  253 Time(s)

000015.jpg

000016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  383.39 KB
 Viewed:  262 Time(s)

000016.jpg

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 am Post subject: Re: Herr Hauptfeldwebel vs US_Brake Reply with quote

Hello all,

I chessmaster AKA Herr Hauptfeldwebel Ske has had a lot of fun playing US_brake! Good opponent, tactician and person.

Cross of iron is a great cc3 game ! I just love the pointsbuying sytem.. like in Last Stand of Arnhem. Brake has a lot of balanced out scenario's.

Here is the scenario we played http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9425

Summary After Action Report 15 days operation on 5 maps we start on the middle map

The opp started off the first day with a barrage in the middle. It was going up and down in the first days. 1 day is 1 turn. I had a slight advantage in the opp in the opening map. Defensive buildings and a highground were i placed a sniper to overlook te area.

Brake made a mistake after some turns. He has not counted on a heavy At-gun well hidden in the south. And tried to force an opening there, with infantry and tank. But my sniper on a the hill spotted them. I waited and we ambushed them.

The snow made it difficult for his tanks to manoever I took them out.. he tried this again next turn, I had gained some ground, but again his tanks were taken out. Brake has lost valuable buypoints, his force strength en numbers were deminished drastically

Next turn I attacked, I had great postion and outnumbered him. Brake fleed the map in fear for losses. Cause i was going to get the map anyway. He did not want to risk more units. So up to the next map.

Next map

The next map give brake a lot of advantages to brakes forces. He controlled 2/3th of the map cause he was defending. He had lot of woods and hills to spread out his troops. Witch gave him a chance to reorganize.

After some turns he was back. I have made a key mistake not to push through emmediatly when i entered the map. I choose to sneak and gain ground gradually.

This was going good at first but he defended really well with flamethrowers behind a hill. And activitated his troops late for maximum efficiency and surprise.
I thought I cleared the area with guns and mortars, and went on with proning the area with a tank and infantry.. but got surprised by them hiding behind the crest of the hilll, very good spot to set troops. After several turns i finally got hold of that hill, which was a good outpost for my guns. But they were taken out easily by mortars on the next turns.

Afters some more turns and a truce or 2 I did managed to get some ground. Taken over a farm\village in the middle, and some places on the otherside of the bank. But that was at a good share of losses. But I still had an edge.

Some of the turns we took eachothers guns out that were stationed on both hills out with mortars on, very effective.. but wat was more effective was his 152 mm infantry guns taking out my infantry trying to set up an attack or hiding in wooden buildings, not a good idea!

Next I tried an attack with tanks and a tiger. but I was way to careless.. I lost most my infantry again and the tanks were without infantry to clear out buildings. I lost the tiger. I tried to rush with my last tank but i failed. Another Mark was taken out at river bank. I ve had taken a lot of ground. But I have lost. The big amount of forest hiding places..  was to much for me.. and my force strength went down drastically because of that..

Next turns I tried to hold on.. and save Force Points to replenish my forces again and wait for him to attack. He did some times i holded of barely..
But again at great cost. I decided to flee the map and get myself in a better position again. And not lose any forces anymore. Ive should of done this a lot sooner

Next map Back at Middle map

The operation had a few turns left. I was still behind with forcestrength and my troops were down on morale and needed to rest. A lot of them also needed to be refitted. I think in my opinion brake should have rushed at that moment. But he did not, he choose to rest, and take in postions.

A turn or 2 later he attacked, to try and win ground and win the operation.. I fought for every inch. And took out 3 tanks he had a 4th tank and took out my only tank. He got through in the middle and then the battle ended.

He gained ground in the middle. I also gained ground on the flanks. I still had 2\3th of the map.  I was ahead with 20 points 60 - 40 and won the operation. I didnt even noticed the opp was over. I was suprised I thought I lost.

I did not expected to win cause this is still new for me. But I've adepted very well. Every turn I learn a bit. Brake helped me a lot, with answering questions about Cross of iron, units, possibilities.. there are a few things that are differently then cc5. But this game is much more rewarding and enjoyable then cc5. Brake is still a much better player then, he is much more skilled in attacking. I just got lucky at some points.

Next we will play a balanced out cmpgn that brake made. There also a lot of mods.. that I hear are great. We will make screenshots and try to report every battle with an After Action Report. I will also try to make a video of the battles. Test out some computer screen software.

Thanks Brake for the games ! Thanks for introducing me again to cc3. I m addicted Wink

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: