Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author

Is TRSM balanced or not?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
It depends
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 - the GC is Balanced Reply with quote

I started up a new GC, playing as Gerrman again. And contrary to the game I play with Ronson, there are no house rules in this GC.

Although still having completed June the 6th-only, the German situation is in better shape, compared to the same date against Ronson. The new GC is a 15 minute one, thus Juno beach I would have lost in the AM turn. Gold probably too, or at least one of the two exits.

My conclusion is that when I play less bold as the German side, as I am doing in the new GC, the game seems balanced.

GC0129 (2).jpg
 Description:
The result after the last battle June the 6th PM turn - against RD Ronson - with a whole list of house rules
 Filesize:  105.08 KB
 Viewed:  319 Time(s)

GC0129 (2).jpg

GC0213.jpg
 Description:
The result after the last battle June the 6th PM turn - my new GC - with no house rules and only 15 minute battles
 Filesize:  105.25 KB
 Viewed:  306 Time(s)

GC0213.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 - the GC is Balanced Reply with quote

In my opinion for any campaign house rules are a must, no matter the player skills. Things like the Germans not being able to move 1st turn, heck they didn't even know the invasion was coming there plus they thought at first it might be a fake one.

Others: Playing certain Operations/Campains like the +14 one... if the Allied Player doesn't know it the German player can move in Bayeaux... really screwing up the whole initial plans for the Allies.

Quite difficult to fight a battle against a decent German player with 5 Tigers/Panthers against a Allied BG even with plenty of armor. I like to have tank limits, and apply more 'points' to having Tigers and Panthers. Say like 1.5 for them and 1 for AG/PZ IVs/etcs. All allied tanks are 1 point. Like have a 5 point armor limit. Sometime I even have .5 for ATs and HTs/ArmCars.

Schrecks are unreal in regular GJS... with the Germans having plenty of AT anyway I don't like to even use them sometimes.
An unseen Schreck with good position/protection/LOS can bring havoc on any Allied armor assault... even with infantry. Not sure about TRSM tho.

Anyway... just some other ideas.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:23 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 - the GC is Balanced Reply with quote

I agree that houserules are important, however, when you don't use them it means that the allies can quite fast threaten Caen from the south, although it is perhaps bold to move out of those para-maps.

Schrecks are not that common in TRSM. Many BGs don't have them, however, those who have, in general have plenty of them. The Panzerlehr has tons of them, but not the 12th SS, although they do have 6 or 8 two-man shreck-crews. 21st Panzer also have a few, as have the 352nd. But I think thats pretty much it. Rest of the German BGs use fausts. Not sure about GJS, but playing the German side in TRSM, I could really use some more shrecks.

I don't prefer the restriction on tanks. Think it remove an important threat and surprise element. If for instance Ronson wants to use 15 tanks, I'm fine with that. My poor 716th German BG maybe get rolled completely over, but it certainly adds something to the game. The fear of tanks.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:19 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 - the GC is Balanced Reply with quote

Only 12 out of literally tons of players who play TRSM has voted. Are there really not any more with an opinion on this important subject?

Is the Grand Campaign balanced or not - what say you?

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 - the GC is Balanced Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
I agree that houserules are important, however, when you don't use them it means that the allies can quite fast threaten Caen from the south, although it is perhaps bold to move out of those para-maps.

Schrecks are not that common in TRSM. Many BGs don't have them, however, those who have, in general have plenty of them. The Panzerlehr has tons of them, but not the 12th SS, although they do have 6 or 8 two-man shreck-crews. 21st Panzer also have a few, as have the 352nd. But I think thats pretty much it. Rest of the German BGs use fausts. Not sure about GJS, but playing the German side in TRSM, I could really use some more shrecks.

I don't prefer the restriction on tanks. Think it remove an important threat and surprise element. If for instance Ronson wants to use 15 tanks, I'm fine with that. My poor 716th German BG maybe get rolled completely over, but it certainly adds something to the game. The fear of tanks.

The shrecks in trsm
I have not had the chance to talk to Dima about how he has rated the shrecks in TRSM ,yet as i think they are underpowed IMHO, i am a very well read in WW2 tactics and fighing..

Country of Origin : Germany
Role : Anti-Tank Weapon
In-Service Date : October 1943
Manufacturer : Enzinger Union
Gebr?der Scheffler
HASAG
J?ckel
Fa. Kronprinz
Fa. Schricker
Number Produced : 289151
Operation : Electrically Ignited Rocket
Feed : Single Shot Manual Reload
Cartridge Name : RPzB.Gr.4992
Cartridge Size : 88mm
Cartridge Total Weight : 3.25 grams
Bullet Weight : 0.66 grams
Weapon Length : 164 cm
Barrel Length : 107 cm
Empty Weight : 9.3 kg
Combat Weight : 11 kg
Muzzle Velocity : 110 meters per second
Practical Rate of Fire : 4 rounds per minute
Cyclic Rate of Fire : 4 rounds per minute
Effective Range : 180 meters
Scope Types : None
Bayonets : None
Grenades : None
Other : None

Penetration Data for the Panzerschreck 54
RPzB.Gr.4992 ( High Explosive Anti-Tank Rocket )
Weight Velocity 100 m 200 m 300 m 400 m 500 m
3.25 kg 110 m/s 230 / -- mm 230 / -- mm -- / -- mm -- / -- mm -- / -- mm

RPzB.Gr.4322 ( High Explosive Anti-Tank Rocket )
Weight Velocity 100 m 200 m 300 m 400 m 500 m
3.3 kg 102 m/s 230 / -- mm 230 / -- mm -- / -- mm -- / -- mm -- / -- mm

a hit by the Schreck was petty much the end of any tank even german...thats why US inf grabed any they found and used them ...on the germans.

but i need to convince Dima the data is good!

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:03 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 - the GC is Balanced Reply with quote

Hey Tigercub,

The Finnish tests of RPzB in 1944 stated 100mm vs 160mm of the German tests (note effective range as well).
http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/OTHER_AT_WEAPONS2.htm

The Soviet tests stated the same with T-34 glacis not penetratable by RPzB rocket.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:29 am Post subject: Re: TRSM 982 - the GC is Balanced Reply with quote

i have spotted a few web sites and in a movie there is a 200mm armor slab pentrated by a rpzb rocket...the rest just have some info..

links http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=510_1300228521

http://www.armyrecognition.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=459

http://www.bergflak.com/psmanual.html

http://www.lonesentry.com/ordnance/tag/panzerschreck

to me thats as real as it will get...tells me that they could kill what was claimed, history is a mixed bag you can take what they want from it.

one thing the loading time is to slow heavy tanks are loading faster than the schreck..they were able to fire 4 rockets a min.

Tiger

images.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.72 KB
 Viewed:  4103 Time(s)

images.jpg

arktwinterammunitionpc8.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.9 KB
 Viewed:  255 Time(s)

arktwinterammunitionpc8.jpg

Soldiers_Grossdeutschland_Panzerschreck-px800.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.1 KB
 Viewed:  297 Time(s)

Soldiers_Grossdeutschland_Panzerschreck-px800.jpg

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: